Why rappers are a joke and shouldn't be your role models young nukkaz

Options
P swayze166
P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
Gangsta rappers pretty much share the values of their Republican detractors: the emphasis on making money, the righteousness of bearing arms, the wonderfulness of consumption, respect for hierarchy and loyalty to one's own as overriding principles.

Comments

• CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why GANGSTA******************** rappers......
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rappers are libertarians at heart. Most rappers are really just bad people being used to influence people to do bad as well, to keep the public stupid.
  • Davis eyebrow
    Davis eyebrow Members Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They influence fatherlessniggas
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Their delivery and lyrics preach and scream "realness," "reality," when in the next line or interview they cry "rapping isn't real life. These are stories and like movies of science fiction." The hypocrisy and the lack of having very little responsible subject matter to speak on is detrimental to the youth. It's not like every form of music ain't gone through the same thing, but trying to encourage someone to have fun versus being as ? , profane, and preachy as possible with the intent to mislead and help someone go down a path that is going to set them up for more failures in life than positives is not good for youth. I listen to rap and I'm not speaking against it as an art form, I'm only saying the reason why rappers are not good role models for your children. Now if the question was different, for instance can rappers be role models or whatever then I woulda answered diff't.
  • luke1733
    Options
  • luke1733
    Options
    Damn, it's hard as hell trying to get to 300 posts so I can say some shhh
  • luke1733
    Options
    There are so many topics, stories, ways to see life and the things in it than the typical rap album content. It is quite boring to see for 30 years the same story told. It's like R&B and love songs. We get it. She broke your heart or your so in love or your so sorry. Rappers and R&B need to have a renaissance
  • forum_admin
    forum_admin Members Posts: 32
    Options
    The world we live in is a stage we are all actors. Some make more doing it
  • luke1733
    Options
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »
    There are so many topics, stories, ways to see life and the things in it than the typical rap album content. It is quite boring to see for 30 years the same story told. It's like R&B and love songs. We get it. She broke your heart or your so in love or your so sorry. Rappers and R&B need to have a renaissance

People gotta encourage innovation again and stop with the "weirdo" and "lame" shaming tactics. How you gonna get out a rut by doing the same things over and over again?
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rappers are simply opportunist. No loyalty, no intregity & no respect for their own culture. Rappers will preach bein real but then completely sell out when they reach a certain status. Look at Kanye, ? came in a young hungry producer from the Chi. ? blew up, left Jesus, moved to Paris and got him a white ? .

Rappers should NEVER talk to kids
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    rappers shouldn't be viewed as role models in the first place. That's what your parents/guardians are for
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Rappers are libertarians at heart. Most rappers are really just bad people being used to influence people to do bad as well, to keep the public stupid.

when you start to get to know some of these dudes off set ... you start to think stuff like this ....

• antarticp
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    rappers shouldn't be viewed as role models in the first place. That's what your parents/guardians are for

true but for folks who came up under greats like Malcom X, MLK, Harriet Tubman, Huey P Newton and other great leaders trying to take blacks to the next level .... these guys act more like the black faces that took those guys down more than the guys that rode with them on thier quest for equality !!!!!!

in short they aint making it any easier ... for everytime you tell you kid to do good ... he / she heres messages of doing the exact opposite from music that is not just music .... DONT FORGET THEY CALL HIP HOP A CULTURE !!!!!!!! theres a walk, talk, movement, look etc... to this thing called rap ... its not just about enjoying the entertainment ........ if it were then i would aggree with your 100%
  • antarticp
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »

true but for folks who came up under greats like Malcom X, MLK, Harriet Tubman, Huey P Newton and other great leaders trying to take blacks to the next level .... these guys act more like the black faces that took those guys down more than the guys that rode with them on thier quest for equality !!!!!!

in short they aint making it any easier ... for everytime you tell you kid to do good ... he / she heres messages of doing the exact opposite from music that is not just music .... DONT FORGET THEY CALL HIP HOP A CULTURE !!!!!!!! theres a walk, talk, movement, look etc... to this thing called rap ... its not just about enjoying the entertainment ........ if it were then i would aggree with your 100%

this aint the days of african bombatta where the artist and crowd was seperated ... Run DMC was the gift and curse to rap ... cause @ that time art started immitating life ......................................................................... #thinkaboutit
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cause they all want and crave material things and build their grandoise kingdoms on earth... Thats not what life is about
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »

I grew up on hip hop culture I LIVED it and I never viewed hip hop as more than just entertainment. Once I turned off rapcity/yo MTV raps, or the tape/cd player that was it. You can enjoy the music and live the culture without viewing these artists as daddy/mommy figures. That's just weird.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a republican, votin for Mitt Romney...
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the rappers story ie coming from nothing to something should be the role model.... not the actual person cuz most of them if u listen to their lyrics are evil murdering, sex craved, dope using and slanging evil individuals that most would want their kids to emulate