What's with the over the top hate for certain artists these days?

Options
international
international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in The Reason
I understand not liking their music, but some of the hate ppl express don't seem to justify that it's solely based on the music, it's all most like they have had some sort of real traumatic experiences with these artists ...either that or posters and online personalities feel that they have to exaggerate they hate, or maybe they get some joy out of it (kinda sad if that's the case)....if somebody is wack to y'all, which is highly subjective then kool, but why obsess and feel like you need to manifest your dislike, just state your opinion and keep it moving...

I expect my stans/followers to come in here spewing some childish ? , but some behaviour in here don't make to much sense, you'd really need a psychoanalyst to be able to break down what's really goin on here...this thread was influenced by Juelz Santana's comments, don't even ? wit his music like that anymore, but he had to have seen something for him to say that if you got time to be online typing your ? or some ? of that nature....I saw the vid, the comment was mad ignorant but I think he just ain't know how to communicate it right, he had a point tho i'm sure he was referring to the posters/bloggers that got time to just type hate for another ? like some scorned female, dedicating all their energy and ? towards something that don't have no sort of impact in their lives, or maybe it does...when you think about it, that ? is imcomprehensible...

Maybe this ? is filled with a bunch of youngens or ppl with some real life mental issues...*where's that :unno emoticon*

Comments

• idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did somebody diss French Montana again?
  • international
    Options
    Did somebody diss French Montana again?

I have already described you in the first line of the second paragraph, your reply not needed here.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • international
    Options
    Shyne, for example gets some real unwarranted hate on here, I understand if you think the guy's music is now wack and fell off, but some be actin like they were in jail with this ? and he was violating, smh...any person that can't remain impartial about a ? they never met, or had any sort of interaction with has to have some serious issues...
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I want to say that it's b/c it's an increased amount of media, but there are plenty of rappers and celebs who are perfectly able to go on without all the hoopla.

So I'm gonna go with their behaviour. A lot of them purposely keep themselves in the public eye and act like 10 year olds when they throw tantrums.

Truth is, a lot of them love the attention and at the same time are dumb as ? , so their antics are able to be shared and used to form opinions on them as artists and people.

Just look at Lil Wayne. He's dumb as ? . Not even in terms of acting stupid. He's like head-scratchingly dumb and childish to the point where even if you like his ? music, you just can't like him as a person.

There were plenty of other rappers who weren't very good people off the camera either, but they didn't crave the cameras on them 24/7 like some of these rappers today do.

- Big Pun used to beat his wife, pistol-whipped her across the face, and used to wake his kids up in the middle of the night and have them fight against each other for his and his crews' entertainment. Pun wasn't exactly a good person when you accumulate some of these stories together, but they didn't happen in such short time-spans, and weren't stories partially fuelled by him to the media. They all came out as stories first-hand from people later on.

- Todays' rappers run to the media and to twitter et al to proliferate these stories. They crave the attention and use these instances as weapons to promote their albums. So I can't blame the increased media b/c it's not the media flocking to the rappers. It's the rappers craving the media and using it to perpetuate their own marketing.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the first time: I didn't read
  • international
    Options
    sully wrote: »
    I want to say that it's b/c it's an increased amount of media, but there are plenty of rappers and celebs who are perfectly able to go on without all the hoopla.

So I'm gonna go with their behaviour. A lot of them purposely keep themselves in the public eye and act like 10 year olds when they throw tantrums.

Truth is, a lot of them love the attention and at the same time are dumb as ? , so their antics are able to be shared and used to form opinions on them as artists and people.

Just look at Lil Wayne. He's dumb as ? . Not even in terms of acting stupid. He's like head-scratchingly dumb and childish to the point where even if you like his ? music, you just can't like him as a person.

That's a good point, I could see how constant media exposure could have an impact on fans behaviour, but damn, surely a mentally stable person ain't going to indulge in the bs like that...I hear about the Wayne ? and is it what is it, I'm sure we all have times when we ? off and want to wild out, difference is we ain't under the spotlight nor being documented...question is why do you care? ? I care about him goin at bron and them, he ain't go at me, and why should that have an effect on how I hear his music, better yet why the ? would I make a thread about it?

• andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's always been that way..for every fan an artist has there's 2-3 ? who think ? is wack..
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Cause Aubrey is a ?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Just the way it is. Not gonna front, I used to be one of them. Used to hate Biggie just cause I was a Pac fan *shrugs*
  • international
    Options
    Just the way it is. Not gonna front, I used to be one of them. Used to hate Biggie just cause I was a Pac fan *shrugs*

That's understandable tho, but the thing is why would you waste your time (not you particularly but in general) goin in deep into your feelins and actin like big ? your wife, like PAC did his? Big actually had a reason to act like these ? do on here about Pac...
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I understand not liking their music, but some of the hate ppl express don't seem to justify that it's solely based on the music, it's all most like they have had some sort of real traumatic experiences with these artists ...either that or posters and online personalities feel that they have to exaggerate they hate, or maybe they get some joy out of it (kinda sad if that's the case)....if somebody is wack to y'all, which is highly subjective then kool, but why obsess and feel like you need to manifest your dislike, just state your opinion and keep it moving...

I expect my stans/followers to come in here spewing some childish ? , but some behaviour in here don't make to much sense, you'd really need a psychoanalyst to be able to break down what's really goin on here...this thread was influenced by Juelz Santana's comments, don't even ? wit his music like that anymore, but he had to have seen something for him to say that if you got time to be online typing your ? or some ? of that nature....I saw the vid, the comment was mad ignorant but I think he just ain't know how to communicate it right, he had a point tho i'm sure he was referring to the posters/bloggers that got time to just type hate for another ? like some scorned female, dedicating all their energy and ? towards something that don't have no sort of impact in their lives, or maybe it does...when you think about it, that ? is imcomprehensible...

Maybe this ? is filled with a bunch of youngens or ppl with some real life mental issues...*where's that :unno emoticon*

The way I see it MOST of these ? is Black nerds that got picked on by the 'cool' Black kids in high school now they takin they frustration out on popular rappers that rap about ? they didn't get to do in school, sorta like cops

Eitha that or they too old (I respect this option the most) or too White-wash (no disrespect)

It's past just chalkin it up to you don't like the artist, ? be actin like they retaliatin to abuse, ? got to draw up prescriptions bout yall ass
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know or wanna know. I keep them hatin thoughts and negative energy away from me.
  • international
    Options
    SwampNigga wrote: »

The way I see it MOST of these ? is Black nerds that got picked on by the 'cool' Black kids in high school now they takin they frustration out on popular rappers that rap about ? they didn't get to do in school, sorta like cops

Eitha that or they too old (I respect this option the most) or too White-wash (no disrespect)

It's past just chalkin it up to you don't like the artist, ? be actin like they retaliatin to abuse, ? got to draw up prescriptions bout yall ass

That's exactly my point...Im sure a psychologist would be in a better position to be able to explain and expand on this...? is sad/pathetic, something has to be missing from your life for this ish to take such a place in it.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think its called trolling....or something like that
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Y'all ? really going too deep into someones psychology over some ridiculous ? .

So a ? hate your favorite rapper, who gives a ? . Not one ? is immune to hate.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    because the trolling by these artist are over the top ... so natually the hate gotta be even higher ... IJS
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's understandable tho, but the thing is why would you waste your time (not you particularly but in general) goin in deep into your feelins and actin like big ? your wife, like PAC did his? Big actually had a reason to act like these ? do on here about Pac...

because thats what these forums are for its a big white open space ... fill it up ... people have felt like this about ish forever it just the REAL people couldnt get heard ...... now today pretty everyone has a voice ... so you hear all the multiple opinions .........................
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    alot of it is trolling, but alot of this ? is kinda hard to explain......I'm still tripping off of that Wu vs Bone thread where there was like 30% trolling going on and 70% emotional hate filled rants lol....cats taking a internet poll like its the law...lol hilarious ?
  • bindayvez79
    bindayvez79 Members Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Aww come on. It's all in good fun.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all ? really going too deep into someones psychology over some ridiculous ? .

So a ? hate your favorite rapper, who gives a ? . Not one ? is immune to hate.

/thread
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shyne, for example gets some real unwarranted hate on here, I understand if you think the guy's music is now wack and fell off, but some be actin like they were in jail with this ? and he was violating, smh...any person that can't remain impartial about a ? they never met, or had any sort of interaction with has to have some serious issues...

who the ? talks about shyne, besides that time he was hating on kendrick?
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cause they make ? commercial music so they are not technically even artist... They are imposters that get masqueraded as such and paid millions of dollars for it in the process.

Its called malicious envy...