Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drew_Ali wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    people have the right to be as ? racist as they want, stop the ? . people need to stop trying to enforce their view of things on other people. If the hospital took his ? money he should have the right to ask for any ? thing he wanted.

I don't want the first person to touch my new born child to be someone of a different race so i don't blame this ? for exercising what should be his right.

That is some ? .....

If that ? wanted his kids to be born in an "all white" hospital......

Then he should have took his ugly ? to one......

If @zombie does not want white folks touching his children.......

@zombie should not "patronize" hospital that emloy "whites".....

Problem is this is the USA......

You need to go to hospital in Africa.......

Said ? should go to hospital in Europe......

There are no more all white or all black hospitals in america anymore because they were made illegal, so our choices are limited.

Eureka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the usa and as a citizen........

You have the patients Bill of Rights..........

http://www.healthcare.gov/law/features/rights/bill-of-rights/index.html

It protects your choice of doctors i presume that should cover nurses as well so he can pick who his nurse is.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Asking for only white nurses shouldn't be considered extreme in 2013????

The year is irrelevant it could be 3013 freedom is freedom if you don't want to have anything to do with another race that is your choice.

I agree, but don't expect the rest of society to accomodate your backwards ass thought process.

Guess you better start working on your baby delivering skills.
  • Drew_Ali
    Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    people have the right to be as ? racist as they want, stop the ? . people need to stop trying to enforce their view of things on other people. If the hospital took his ? money he should have the right to ask for any ? thing he wanted.

I don't want the first person to touch my new born child to be someone of a different race so i don't blame this ? for exercising what should be his right.

That is some ? .....

There are no more all white or all black hospitals in america anymore because they were made illegal, so our choices are limited.

It protects your choice of doctors i presume that should cover nurses as well so he can pick who his nurse is.

Your presumptions are wrong.............

(2) Receive treatment without discrimination as to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, source of payment, or age.

(3) Receive considerate and respectful care in a clean and safe environment free of unnecessary restraints.
    http://www.health.ny.gov/professionals/patients/patient_rights/docs/english.pdf

If you think this ? is legal in the USA...............

You are stupid..............

• zombie
    Options

The year is irrelevant it could be 3013 freedom is freedom if you don't want to have anything to do with another race that is your choice.

I agree, but don't expect the rest of society to accomodate your backwards ass thought process.

The man is not asking for the rest of society to accommodate him, only the hospital which i am sure he paid.

my wife will have a midwife.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options

The man is not asking for the rest of society to accommodate him, only the hospital which i am sure he paid.

Like that crakkker with swastikas all over his ass really has some money........

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, the hospital did supposedly attempt to accommodate him. Which is why they are being sued.

You are right, he has every right to be prejudice. And the hospital is required, by law, to deny him his request.

Very simple concept.
  • zombie
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »

yes because he's paying that means they can't deny him any ridiculous request, if he wanted only naked nurses to care for his baby they should've complied. if he required ritual human sacrifice to celebrate the birth of child they should've complied.

the bolded doesn't include forcing your racist views on people?

if they took his money they should do what the ? he says it's as simple as that, don't go so extreme with the human sacrifice example.

All things within their ability should be done if not then don't take his money and refuse him service.

He's not forcing his views on anyone the man is just living his convictions to the best of his ability and i see nothing wrong with that.

why is my example extreme but not this?

@ the second bolded, exactly, honouring a racist request should not and is not within their ability to fulfill

Human sacrifice is not a realistic acommodation that's why it is extreme, only wanting to be medically treated by members of the same race does not compare. My argument it that Honouring racist request should be within their ability if it is paid for because is harms no one.
  • zombie
    edited February 2013
    Options

That is some ? .....

(2) Receive treatment without discrimination as to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, source of payment, or age.

(3) Receive considerate and respectful care in a clean and safe environment free of unnecessary restraints.

I am not arguing what is legal and what is not i am not a lawyer ? , but i do know that If the us constitution grants me the freedom to associate with or not associate with whoever i want then that should apply to all my paid services as well In other words i should not be forced to accept services from people i don't want too. I believe that the us constitution supersedes the patients bill of rights. The hospital does not have to take my money but once they do then my rights should be protected.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options

That is some ? .....

I am not arguing what is legal and what is not i am not a lawyer ? , but i do know that If the us constitution grants me the freedom to associate with or not associate with whoever i want then that should apply to all my paid services as well In other words i should not be forced to accept services from people i don't want too. however i am stating what should be legal and why i think it should be. I believe that the us constitution supersedes the patients bill of rights. The hospital does not have to takes my money but once they do then my rights should be protected.

Well in this instance the law of the land supersedes your "feelings"........

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Eh, continue arguing with the fool

*looks at watch* I'm going home
  • zombie
    Options

yes because he's paying that means they can't deny him any ridiculous request, if he wanted only naked nurses to care for his baby they should've complied. if he required ritual human sacrifice to celebrate the birth of child they should've complied.

if they took his money they should do what the ? he says it's as simple as that, don't go so extreme with the human sacrifice example.

All things within their ability should be done if not then don't take his money and refuse him service.

He's not forcing his views on anyone the man is just living his convictions to the best of his ability and i see nothing wrong with that.

@ the second bolded, exactly, honouring a racist request should not and is not within their ability to fulfill

Human sacrifice is not a realistic acommodation that's why it is extreme, only wanting to be medically treated by members of the same race does not compare. My argument it that Honouring racist request should be within their ability if it is paid for because is harms no one.

it does harm people and your argument is ?

Who does it harm
  • zombie
    Options
    Perfect wrote: »

Well, the hospital did supposedly attempt to accommodate him. Which is why they are being sued.

You are right, he has every right to be prejudice. And the hospital is required, by law, to deny him his request.

Very simple concept.

Then the law should be changed laws change all the time and this one should be changed as well
  • zombie
    Options

That is some ? .....

I am not arguing what is legal and what is not i am not a lawyer ? , but i do know that If the us constitution grants me the freedom to associate with or not associate with whoever i want then that should apply to all my paid services as well In other words i should not be forced to accept services from people i don't want too. however i am stating what should be legal and why i think it should be. I believe that the us constitution supersedes the patients bill of rights. The hospital does not have to takes my money but once they do then my rights should be protected.

Well in this instance the law of the land supersedes your "feelings"........

What feelings my argument is based on individual rights being respected, this nurse just wants a payday she found a way that she can capitalize off of a unfair law and i don't blame her. but this law needs to be changed
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zombie brought that ether.
  • zombie
    Options

That is some ? .....

I am not arguing what is legal and what is not i am not a lawyer ? , but i do know that If the us constitution grants me the freedom to associate with or not associate with whoever i want then that should apply to all my paid services as well In other words i should not be forced to accept services from people i don't want too. I believe that the us constitution supersedes the patients bill of rights. The hospital does not have to take my money but once they do then my rights should be protected.

having your racist requests granted is not considered a right you ? . and obviously you are not a lawyer, cuz you sound really dumb right now

Anything i pay for it is my right to get, i am no ? i am just not a race-mixing, lets all be friends brainwashed fool like some people are. why the ? should i be medically treated by a korean person when i don't want to be. if i pay a hospital for treatment i should be serviced by who ever the ? i want.
  • Drew_Ali
    edited February 2013
    Options
    What feelings ........

This......

however i am stating what should be legal and why i think it should be. I believe .......

Personal beliefs = feelings......

• zombie
    edited February 2013
    Options
    What feelings my argument is based on individual rights being respected, this nurse just wants a payday she found a way that she can capitalize off of a unfair law and i don't blame her. but this law needs to be changed

This......

Personal beliefs = feelings......

That's not a feeling it's an opinion you stupid ? . there is no emotion involved.
  • zombie
    edited February 2013
    Options

it does harm people and your argument is ?

Who does it harm

the hospitals reputation, the nurses's ability to provide the best care to any and all patients. the nurses rights to not be discriminated against while doing their job

The hospital would get a rep as one that respects it's patients wishes, the nurse can take a ? day off or work on someone else. what about the patients right to not receive care from someone he feels uneasy about.

if No one gets hurts by complying with a patients wishes then they should be followed
  • zombie
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I understand that i may have an unpopular viewpoint but i don't care, i have not been brainwashed into thinking that we must all be sweet to each other. You are allowed to be a racist and you should not be forced to compromise yourself. if i pay for something i want it done following my prescriptions and if you don't like it don't take my money. The nurse is just looking for a pay day she has not been harmed by this man's request
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh ? this was in flint. im like 20 minutes away.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    also, lol @ being racist and living in flint. it's mostly a black city.
  • Drew_Ali
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I understand that i may have an unpopular viewpoint but i don't care, i have not been brainwashed into thinking that we must all be sweet to each other. You are allowed to be a racist and you should not be forced to compromise yourself. if i pay for something i want it done following my prescriptions and if you don't like it don't take my money. The nurse is just looking for a pay day she has not been harmed by this man's request

Shut the ? up broke ass ? ..........

You or the crakkker involved don't have enough money to pay for the costs of delivering a child without public assistance........

You are allowed to be as stupid as you like..........

However......

There are laws in place for ignorant ? like yourself and the crakkker...................

• zombie
    Options

You or the crakkker involved don't have enough money to pay for the costs of delivering a child without public assistance........

However......

There are laws in place for ignorant ? like yourself and the crakkker...................

? i am a landlord of many fully owned houses, i am far from broke i also don't punch a clock and no one tells me what the ? to do.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

However......

? i am a landlord of many fully owned houses, i am far from broke i also don't punch a clock and no one tells me what the ? to do.

Good, the less association you have with others the better.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zombie in here doin an awesome job

of not ? down on the reactions, good job.