achewon87 wrote: »
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Cube's lyricism is elementary compared to Jay's.
    "Lyrical Exercise" lyrically ? on anything Cube has ever made.

They're going off songs and content.

I guess Cube had more depth than Hov.

Hov has introspective ? like Meet The Parents, Minority Report, You Must Love Me, Where Have You Been, Soon You'll Understand, There's Been a Murder, I could go on and on.

Nas makes lyrical music with substance, check "Trust" for example.
    Cube can't construct a verse like Hov did on this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eq7cJO5q7g

And Jay would never make songs like this...

http://youtu.be/wUJ1xaEefTc

so what's your point?

You're speaking on what they're rapping on, not on the rapping.
    ? make socially conscious ? every day, ? "Thieves In The Night" is the greatest rap track ever in my opinion, cause it has a ? ton of substance AND the lyrics are incredible.

? BIG was rapping about money, drugs, hoes, and murdering ? just as much as Jay does, but he was lyrical with it and had fresh ideas, so it worked.
    Y'all ? probably think Chuck D is better than Jay to, I'm guessing? Lmao.

Uhm, Chuck D is better than Jay; don't go there youngin'

Right, any great rapper that came out in the 80's is better than Jay, duly noted.

Not true. Your trying to compare a legend and innovator; Chuck D to Jay.

Your feelings shinning through...duly noted

I couldn't care less about this argument, I'm just passing the time at the moment.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jigga
    The BDB wrote: »
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Yo @DMTxCannabis I gotta song for all these Jigga warriors lol

So emotionaaaaaaal

Ehh i think it's quite the opposite, it's common knowledge the ones that go around clicking feelings are the ones that are actually emotionally catching feelings. I'm chillin, just having a conversation with y'all.

Interesting, so the people that are saying the people arguing for Jay are "Jigga Warriors" and the ones calling him a "Camel" actually aren't in their feelings at the moment? Hmm.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jigga
    Cube is top 5 worthy because of his albums and songs.

But I just prefer HOV. He has better bars, guest verses, and his unreleases is top 3.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jigga
    S/O to Solomon The Wise I see ya homie haha.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Jigga
    LOL, I don't trust anyone who thinks Just Ice over Kane.

? outta here.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube
    damn two of my favorite emcees. idk...
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube
    Jigga warriors still haven't produced one name that Jay Z has beat in a battle on wax. Now that I'm thinking about it I have never seen Jay Z come out of a lyrical scrap with a win. Deshawn Stephenson and meeno??? Foh
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube
    LOL, I don't trust anyone who thinks Just Ice over Kane.

? outta here.

Who the ? said this ? ? Point him out so we can throw an e-beatdown on 'em
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube
    PAC THE GOAT
    THAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RAPPERS FAVORITE RAPPER.

Should I match up Pac and Jay ? I wonder how that will turn out
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube
    ma ? cube pushin rhymes like weight
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Jigga
    Jay got murdered.

Ja Rule didn't get beat this bad.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jigga
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Jigga warriors still haven't produced one name that Jay Z has beat in a battle on wax. Now that I'm thinking about it I have never seen Jay Z come out of a lyrical scrap with a win. Deshawn Stephenson and meeno??? Foh

Jay didn't beat Prodigy?
    Yes or no question, refrain from posting a titangraph.
  • achewon87
    Options
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube
    Jay got murdered.

Ja Rule didn't get beat this bad.

Hmmm, interesting point...thread comin!

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube
    gotta go with Cube. but Jay will never win in a vs. thread. he gets too much unwanted hate. i think it's because he has done so much on the business side that it overshadows rap. I never bring up that ? . to me Jay is one of the greatest to do it. I don't give a ? about the other ? but I gotta go with Cube. his influence and classics outweigh Jays but from a technical standpoint I feel Jay is better. Cube is that ? . white people were terrified just because of his words and he gets nothing but the utmost respect from me for that ? . white people hated to see a black man just not give a ? and use his voice to touch the masses. that's GOAT ? in itself.
    the way he touched on real ? that was actually going on in the hood is unrivaled. that's what conscious music is to me. I don't wanna hear that "we are the world" or "kumbaye" ? because it's not real.
    Truthfully I feel his influence at the time was bigger than Pacs and that isn't to take anything from him. I just feel his death catapulted him into the untouchable lane.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jigga
    hmm im kinda surprised at how wide a margin jay is losing by. based on the t/s categories i really dont see how cube can be winning
    Flow- this is easily jay
    Delivery- cube? really? nah i cant...i just cant give him that one
    Lyrics- toss up...depends on u but i gotta go with jay...his wordplay is better
    Songs- again clearly jay...cube career is great but does he really have more radio hits, club bangers, street anthems than jay?
    Albums- toss up...depends on u

just my 2 cents
  • achewon87
    Options
    Cube
    hmm im kinda surprised at how wide a margin jay is losing by. based on the t/s categories i really dont see how cube can be winning
    Flow- this is easily jay
    Delivery- cube? really? nah i cant...i just cant give him that one
    Lyrics- toss up...depends on u but i gotta go with jay...his wordplay is better
    Songs- again clearly jay...cube career is great but does he really have more radio hits, club bangers, street anthems than jay?
    Albums- toss up...depends on u

just my 2 cents

http://youtu.be/409Pjtq7jzY
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Cube

ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube
    This thread breaks down to those who Like Reality Hip Hop or Fantasy rap whichever you prefer is going to decide your vote...
  • coolc31
    coolc31 Members Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jigga
    I go with Jay, but Cube was nice back in the day. He had a good 3 or 4 yrs without NWA, but besides that, I can't really say much about him. I was that dude that loved the militant ? back in the days. Cube was definitely one of the dudes who were socially conscious, but to me, he wasn't even that dude when it came to that ? . BDP was more my ? , but to each his own. I can't knock anyone for voting for Cube because he definitely had his moments.
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube
    Cube has a lot more songs with content not to take anything away from Jay.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Ice Cube can tell a story wit the best of em and has substance on his 1st 3 albums and ? at will that blacc people can relate too and Death Certificate is better than any album Jigga ever made

That bein said Cube as a rappa has been irrelevant since the mid 90's.Jigga is chasin Big for da Goat spot
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube
    Cube-54
    Jay-33

2more hours
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube
    tompetrez3 wrote: »

Jay didn't beat Prodigy?
    Yes or no question, refrain from posting a titangraph.

You splitting hairs but you know what. I'll give him a win over prodigy. Congradulatioñs to Jay Z for exposing a 9 year old boy in a Michael Jackson costume. Major props to jay z crushing a midget who was battling sickle cell. Like who the ? is supposed to be scared of a ? who won against prodigy. P is my goat but he not my fantasy husband like Jay Z is to y'all Jigga ? . P got his ass whooped by outlaws, Keith Murray, Mac mall, Saigon, bars n hooks, lake, illa gee. ? they got 3rd graders that can whoop p ass. Prodigy is Jay z marquee win?