Fasting

Options
Splackavelli
Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have some questions about fasting. I'm not doing it for spiritual reasons just health. i'm doing it to clean my system and for weight loss. I need info though. if you're spiritual then that's okay I need info from any source available.

Comments

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rent due one the first and you gotta use your grocery money for it huh? But sure, we'll go with health reasons...
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Chase N Bundlez Members Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rent due one the first and you gotta use your grocery money for it huh? But sure, we'll go with health reasons...

U really out here spelling 2 letter words wrong, Billy?
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i fast 3 times a year

1. It's not an answer for weight loss

2. It's great way to cleanse your body, you never know how much junk you have inside of you until you literally ? it all out

3. Start with fruit and veggie fasts before you go to liquid fasts

4. Plan your meals
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fasting is a mental thing as well. Take 3 days and cleanse yourself. You will be glad that you did.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

U really out here spelling 2 letter words wrong, Billy?

Auto-correct ain't been kind to a ? lately...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I have fasted several times in different ways.

What type of fasting do you wish to do? Being that its for health reasons;

A fruit and veggie fast or a fruit and veggie shakes only detox would be a good start.

Juicing would really clean out your system. Something you have to ease into.
    Some folks like the "Master cleanse."

Fasting for health purposes and not eating anything isn't advised and contrary to popular belief it doesn't help with weight loss, it backfires.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Empress_ wrote: »

A fruit and veggie fast or a fruit and veggie shakes only detox would be a good start.

Fasting for health purposes and not eating anything isn't advised and contrary to popular belief it doesn't help with weight loss, it backfires.

@Empress I've been meaning to ask you how do I go about fasting. i'm doing the fruit an veggie by the way. do you not eat all day and then eat say like at dinner time around 6-8pm?
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you can go 14 days on water alone no sweat (pardon the pun), 30 days and you'll feel like a new person inside and out.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Master Cleanse Recipe

The Master Cleanse works just how it sounds; you consume primarily lemonade for the entire time you're on the diet. So the recipes for the diet itself are fairly simple. You should drink a minimum of 60 oz of lemonade a day, but can drink more if you like. You can also drink as much water as you want. I suggest you consume your body weight in ounces of water.

Below are two different recipes. The first is for a single serving of the master cleanse lemonade. The second will make 6 servings

#1 (single serving):

2 Tablespoons of organic lemon Juice (about 1/2 a Lemon)
    2 Tablespoons of Organic grade B maple syrup (not the commercial maple flavored syrup you use on pancakes)
    1/10 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper powder
    Ten ounces of filtered water

#2 (60 oz. daily serving):

60 ounces of filtered water
    12 Tablespoons of organic grade B maple syrup
    12 Tablespoons of organic lemon juice
    1/2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper powder

There are a couple important things to remember when preparing the lemonade.

For one, the lemon juice used must be fresh squeezed. This cannot be emphasized enough. It is necessary to use fresh produce. Canned juice won't work and will erase most of the benefits of using the master cleanser diet.

Also, the maple syrup must be grade B maple syrup, not the sugar filled syrup that is used at the breakfast table.

The cayenne pepper might seem unnecessary, but it is actually very important. Not only does it help to add a bit of a kick, but the pepper helps to break up mucus and increases healthy blood flow. It also is a good source of B and C vitamins, commonly referred to as Super Vitamins due to their many benefits for the body.

Mixing teas with the recipe is one way to help modify things, just make sure It's decaffeinated tea because caffeine can restrict blood vessels and we want to keep your body passages as open as possible.

http://mastercleansesecrets.com/step4.php
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    Options
    Empress_ wrote: »

@Empress I've been meaning to ask you how do I go about fasting. i'm doing the fruit an veggie by the way. do you not eat all day and then eat say like at dinner time around 6-8pm?

That is more so for Ramadan.

Your purpose for fasting is solely for detox/health purposes yes? Not spiritually related to y understanding, is that correct?

I've done the Master Cleanse also, Beyonce lost 20 lbs. doing it however she cheated a little and also ate veggies.

With the Master Cleanse you are to only drink the water, maple syrup, cayenne pepper and lemon juice concoction as well as a herbal laxative tea to keep you regular.

As for fruit and veggie detoxing, raw or lightly steamed veggies, no dressing or dips, not even salt but I understand if you wish to use a sprinkling for flavor. Problem with salt is that it causes bloating so the belly swells up when indulging in any kind of salty snacks.

Do a 3 days veggie and fruit shakes only detox for beginners, or do as I would do and consume nothing outside of vegetables and fruits for 7-10 days at least. It will clean your system out really well and you will feel more alert and energized.

If you wish, I can post a 3 day detox plan, let me know.

Also, Chef Ahki's "Essence of Vitality" is something you may want to look into. Her health and food blog is amazing, one of the healthiest people with the most amazing skin all thanks to her way of life.

• Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fasting and spirituality go hand in hand

You may open your chakras without even noticing it

This can be a frightening experience if you're not ready for it

Spiritual Masters call this releasing the kundalini serpentine energy from the base of your spinal cord

Ancient egiptians call it sekhem,orientals call it chi..Invisible magnetic fields in the air are filled with this power
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fasting is also good to help u stay mentally sharp
    and disciplined too
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    did it for 4 days before I started working out again, lol I honestly wasnt even hungry its a mental thing
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fasting is a Wednesday in the ghetto
  • RanchWheatThin
    RanchWheatThin Members Posts: 98
    Options
    Cleansing the body of toxins is perhaps the most important things toward staying healthy, however for someone that is obese and severly toxic, sudden extreme fasting can make them feel sick because the toxins will all come out at once into their system. Another option is a raw vegan diet for a month or so. That one is my favorite and has given me the best results, the most energy and i could stick with it to trim down the best!
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont call it fasting, i call it being broke.

Youll gain the weight back.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont have the disipline for that ? . PERIOD.

I'd be on the phone trying to order just one slice of pizza on some Chris Rock ? .

"LET A ? GET 2 PIECES OF PEPPERONI!"

"Two pepperoni pizzas sir?"

"NO ? ...IM FASTING SMMFH...JUST TWO PIECES OF PEPPERONI U HEARD WTF I SAID."
  • Splackavelli
    edited March 2013
    Options
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    @Empress you can send that 3 day detox plan to my inbox if you want thanks!
  • DOC H0LL!DAY
    DOC H0LL!DAY Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let DU become your roomate! He's prob real territorial when it comes to the fridge.
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fasted for 3 days using the Master Cleanse method. Now I cheat and get a colonic twice a month. Loosens all the built up plaque and impacted waste and gets it out. You can see the difference after each session. Its not for everyone, tho.

Mental dexterity is required when truly fasting on a liquid on diet. Its hard to break the habit of chewing and going with your first instinct to consume. But, once you get into a groove and practice fasting, it becomes easier. Try it for a day, then try again and add another. Working my way up was extremely helpful.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ms.jones wrote: »
    Fasted for 3 days using the Master Cleanse method. Now I cheat and get a colonic twice a month. Loosens all the built up plaque and impacted waste and gets it out. You can see the difference after each session. Its not for everyone, tho.

Mental dexterity is required when truly fasting on a liquid on diet. Its hard to break the habit of chewing and going with your first instinct to consume. But, once you get into a groove and practice fasting, it becomes easier. Try it for a day, then try again and add another. Working my way up was extremely helpful.
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    major pain wrote: »

Yo.... That ish right there... Have a chick watching you in the dark.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    read up on intermittent fasting, especially the 8 hour diet.

you're welcome
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    major pain wrote: »

Yo.... That ish right there... Have a chick watching you in the dark.

I call it the prone bone... hits that spot JUST right...