What an idiot: Jay-Z Says “There Is No Such Thing As Black Or White Music”

Options
KingJamal
KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in The Reason
? Jay-Z
A word from Hov

Last night I performed at the University of Arizona, I had a ball!! Through all the excitement and joking around (as well as the technical difficulties) I missed out on the opportunity to say something important..

On the show as well were Third Eye Blind and Kelly Clarkson.. I thought that to be the oddest pairing EVER but, soon realized, it’s what I’ve always professed..There is NO such thing as BLACK music or WHITE music only GOOD or BAD music..It’s stupid cool to like things that are not like you, and that goes for outside of music.. If you’re an African American you can have a jewish friend. Wait, does Lyor having some Israeli mixed with his jewish count? (Sure they are paranoid but, so are black people after they’ve smoked weed, haaaaa, and plus the JEW fro and the BLUEprint fro are the SAME thing.)

I think concerts like this should happen more often. ( Outside of the one or 2 festivals a year or “Zootopia”) I’m putting that into the universe..next up Taylor Swift and Uncle Murda!!

Sorry I don’t “Tweet” (do I?) so this will have to do..

Love.

It begins. This is the kinda ? that'll get crackas talking about Hip-Hop, R&B, Jazz etc aren't black artforms cuz Jay-Z said it. ? Jay Z. 2 people had to die for people to even notice his joe camel ass

And as a continuation from that other thread Cube>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jay Z the biter

Always and forever

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It makes sense for an artist who has crossed the boundary to believe that the boundary no longer exists.

The difference in "black music" and "white music" is institutionalized. Look at how white folks treat jazz these days, look at how they treat hip-hop and then compare it to the way they treat country or pop music.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you ever been to a jay-z concert there is more white people in the crowd than black people sometimes so I can see where he is coming from. Everything is integrated so much with different racial backgrounds nowadays in music.
  • KingJamal
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    If you ever been to a jay-z concert there is more white people in the crowd than black people sometimes so I can see where he is coming from. Everything is integrated so much with different racial backgrounds nowadays in music.
    Im not talking about what people LIKE what kinda music
  • KingJamal
    Options
    That article was from 2009
    What's ur point?
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TimeToParty
    TimeToParty Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white >>>> black tho so idk why u mad
  • KingJamal
    Options
    Usmarine about to drop a racial lecture on ya'll non believers like you hav never seen before
    He jigga sense just went off in his head lol
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Usmarine about to drop a racial lecture on ya'll non believers like you hav never seen before
    He jigga sense just went off in his head lol

Ol There is a disturbance in the force ass ?

"A great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Jay-Z stans suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced"
  • KingJamal
    Options
    First off....FEELINGS!!!!!

Second, he's not talking about where the music's roots came from. He's talking about music only being catered to one kind of race. He's saying you can be black and listen to Taylor Swift, or you can be white and listen to Afrika Bambaataa.

No ? ? . Anybody can listen to anything they want.
    illedout wrote: »
    What do you expect from a guy
    who used to go around calling himself European Jay..

There is a lot about this letter that could be discussed..

Seem like Jay been tryna get accepted by white folks for some time now,
    He seem happy as hell to be on the same concert line up
    as Third eye blind and Kelly Clarkson..

It's like he measure his success by how white folks perceive him..

Man EXACTLY!!! U get it. Especially that last line

? that Euro rap ?
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you realize that groups like third eye blind and Kelly Clarkson sell out STADIUMS?...wo wouldn't want to be on that stage performing their songs....In HIP HOP your sucess is measured by how nice you are with the lyrics...white folks been fans of HIP HOP since the alpha and will still be there when the mega comes...

?...You ever been to a WU-TANG show....nothing but crackers in the audience
  • KingJamal
    edited March 2013
    Options

Do you realize that groups like third eye blind and Kelly Clarkson sell out STADIUMS?...wo wouldn't want to be on that stage performing their songs....In HIP HOP your sucess is measured by how nice you are with the lyrics...white folks been fans of HIP HOP since the alpha and will still be there when the mega comes...

?...You ever been to a WU-TANG show....nothing but crackers in the audience

U don't get his post
  • KingJamal
    Options
    According to Jay Z there is no such thing as Chinese Martial Arts (like kung fu) just Good and Bad Martial arts
    I like how nobody disputed this cuz it showed how dumb Jay is lol
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    He's saying you can be black and listen to Taylor Swift, or you can be white and listen to Afrika Bambaataa.

Yeah, I picked up on that too.. it sounds like he meant what you said^ and what KingJamal implied at the same time.. but if it just means the bolded, then Jay stated his opinion in a weird way, lol..
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    He's saying you can be black and listen to Taylor Swift, or you can be white and listen to Afrika Bambaataa.

Yeah, I picked up on that too.. it sounds like he meant what you said^ and what KingJamal implied at the same time.. but if it just means the bolded, then Jay stated his opinion in a weird way, lol..
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

This is mainly cuz brothers aint try to pay those over inflated prices ...real talk though the majority of those ppl dont know ? bout Jay pre 2009

Oh trust I know.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First off....FEELINGS!!!!!

Second, he's not talking about where the music's roots came from. He's talking about music only being catered to one kind of race. He's saying you can be black and listen to Taylor Swift, or you can be white and listen to Afrika Bambaataa.

No ? ? . Anybody can listen to anything they want.

Then why are you making this thread? Other than the fact you're clearly mad at Jay.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I don't do black music, I don't do white music.. I make fight music for high school kids.."

Em da GOAT lol