AZ says Doe or Die II could be his last project

Options
sully
sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
In an interview with SOHH, Rap Veteran AZ discussing a number of issues; of those is the possible release of “Doe or Die II”, a mixtape that the rapper says could, very well, be his last project. Stating the current state of Hip Hop as the primary reason for the contemplation of retirement from the game.

“Going from a major to independent, it’s two different zones,” he said. “I was doing independent from like ’05 and it’s a lot of work and then every few years, the game changes itself. This [Doe or Die II] might be definitely be my last album.”

The rapper stated that while the game has definitely changed, he never lost his passion for the game.

“I actually never lost [my hunger] to be honest. It was just a matter of the stars lining up and the doors opening and that certain sound coming back into existence.”

The emcee says that he may take a different approach with his last project.

“I might put a mixtape out and then put an album out because this is the last hurrah for me. I’ve got a couple of cats that are ready to come out behind me and I’ve got a good starting team and so I’m just going to play the game.”

The last release for the rap veteran was his 2009’s Legendary, an album that featured Sheek Louch and Hell Rell.

Comments