SHOTS FIRED: "My hits so sick, got rappers acting dramatic."

Options

Comments

• FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look at it this way...maybe Jay is getting tired of Kanye's antics..Jay is dis-associating away from him slowly.

I don't think Jay has anything to do with this.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but that track is wack tho .
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    The only real r&b out, though?...So Mint Condition, Anthony Hamilton, Kem, Brian McKnight, Raphael Sadiq...They just don't een exist, huh?

but when the last time any of them ? dropped let alone got support for an album they dropped?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »
    WHY THE ? IS BLUE EYED SOUL THE ONLY REAL R&B OUT!?!?!?!?!?

how the hell thicke and timberlake the only ones that got this R&B ? figured out?

WE'VE BEEN HOODWINKED!!!

tell me you can't hear that ? Jaheim killing this ? ..

well white folk like Justin and Robin ... are facinated by black culture .... and folks like Chris Brown Neyo etc... are facinated with making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ lol ............ i dont knock either tho ... i think its a beautiful thing .... its America aka Mix Breed ... eventually Rap will be dominated by white folk and Dance & Rock will be dominated by black folk ...... lol ....... could be possible lol

how much more money are they actually making tho? Usher can't be close to the profits fro confessions since he been on that pop tart ? . Chris last album not even close to the sales of his first 2 releases as well. Ne-yo gets a few records on the radio but his album goes triple wood. What tour he on?

As far as grossing money soul R&B >> pop (when a former R&B) artist)

Older black folk will pay to see quality R&B nowadays you could double your ticket price verses doing pop your album flop and you doin small college shows or bars.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    The only real r&b out, though?...So Mint Condition, Anthony Hamilton, Kem, Brian McKnight, Raphael Sadiq...They just don't een exist, huh?

but when the last time any of them ? dropped let alone got support for an album they dropped?

Refer back to earlier...
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look at it this way...maybe Jay is getting tired of Kanye's antics..Jay is dis-associating away from him slowly.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case, he clearly wants to associate and be 'in' with certain groups which he's worked hard to be associated and accepted by, so anything that goes against that, he will distance himself, no matter who the person is or how much they contributed to where he is today and had a hand in getting him there.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    both did ? ? . Kanye is a ? ass ? who threw a hissy fit... Jay is a souless Judas who let a ? ? on the other half of the so called throne on national tv......
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Refer back to earlier...

but refer to the part in my post about ? actually supporting that ? I aint even heard ? bumping their albums let alone their songs being on the charts
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

rage wrote: »

Tell them ? to drop some records then, R&B has had enough of ChrisBrownNeYo ? .

^^^

Those guys @A1000MILES listed do drop music regularly but on the low because the machine has blanked 'em out . . So they resort to release their music independently. I cop music released by these folk. Add in Eric Benet and Maxwell as well.

The likes of Usher, Ne-Yo and Chris Brown wanna double their income so they switch from the original soulful sound of theirs and jumped on the Euro bandwagon . .

Who's to blame here?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

rage wrote: »

Tell them ? to drop some records then, R&B has had enough of ChrisBrownNeYo ? .

^^^

Those guys @A1000MILES listed do drop music regularly but on the low because the machine has blanked 'em out . . So they resort to release their music independently. I cop music released by these folk. Add in Eric Benet and Maxwell as well.

The likes of Usher, Ne-Yo and Chris Brown wanna double their income so they switch from the original soulful sound of theirs and jumped on the Euro bandwagon . .

Who's to blame here?

but like i said a few posts earlier does it really increase their profits? For pitbull who was a rapper about to fall off going to pop paid off. but for a top ranking r&b singer like usher, chris, ne-yo going to pop odesn't really help them profit. And like i said being able to tour and charge alot more per ticket for a fancy older target audence >>> a radio pop show and or small club venue show.

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case, he clearly wants to associate and be 'in' with certain groups which he's worked hard to be associated and accepted by, so anything that goes against that, he will distance himself, no matter who the person is or how much they contributed to where he is today and had a hand in getting him there.

if that was the case jay would've distanced himself from kanye after that Taylor Swift incident, where seemingly the whole world went against kanye. jay defended him back then, and that was a much bigger deal than this little back and forth between kanye and JT
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tumblr_mjfljnrAJq1qcqqpjo1_500.gif

I didn't think J.T would respond. It's funny he did.

Plus, I like the song.
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    but like i said a few posts earlier does it really increase their profits? For pitbull who was a rapper about to fall off going to pop paid off. but for a top ranking r&b singer like usher, chris, ne-yo going to pop odesn't really help them profit. And like i said being able to tour and charge alot more per ticket for a fancy older target audence >>> a radio pop show and or small club venue show.

So why are they not on the 'traditional' RnB ? then if that pays?

Who stopped 'em from making the soulful records?

Definitely not me.

LOL
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i like suit and tie...not jays verse tho
  • aneed123
    Options
    it cant be a coincidence Usher Chris Brown etc.... music changed... no soul just pop ? .... Anthony Hamilton and Maxwell should be running the game of it was just on talent
  • international
    edited March 2013
    Options

if that was the case jay would've distanced himself from kanye after that Taylor Swift incident, where seemingly the whole world went against kanye. jay defended him back then, and that was a much bigger deal than this little back and forth between kanye and JT

Behind the Taylor Swift ? , was the 'Beyonce cause' don't forget the reason Kanye did the ? and what he said on the night, for Jay to have did so then would have been a really bad move, the ? defended his wife, wouldn't have been no sense in that, ? would prolly had marital problems too, lmao.

Let's not act like Jay's hasn't got an ability and coldness to distance himself to those who are supposed to be really close to him.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye needs to stop playing around and end some careers.
    Jay-z will cut him off if this keeps up
    u would think that. but at this point jay needs ye more than ye needs jay

watch the throne 2 is coming before another jay solo...

jay need ye for beats and a younger target audience so he'll put up with his BS
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay afterwards was probably like:

jay-z-timberlake-2.jpg

Damn..no loyalty...lol.

Euro Jay back like he never left. SMH
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you guys calling jigga unloyal for doing this,
    but i'm sure when kanye ditched dame you guys stuck up for him talmbout "bottom line, it's about the money. forget the history, it's about the future."
  • international
    Options
    tumblr_mjfljnrAJq1qcqqpjo1_500.gif

I didn't think J.T would respond. It's funny he did.

Plus, I like the song.

Another issue that I have developed from this ? , is why is he generalising? 'Rappers' really Jt, smh...he should have just said Kanye, don't offload this on a whole genre, might as well have said ? , smh...
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    Timberlake doing an all out RnB record with no Euro Dance/Techno synths on the production versus a random RnB ? on the same record?

Timberlake WILL sell more because of his skin color.

Fact.
  • aneed123
    Options
    Lincoln wrote: »
    you guys calling jigga unloyal for doing this,
    but i'm sure when kanye ditched dame you guys stuck up for him talmbout "bottom line, it's about the money. forget the history, it's about the future."

all dem ? was Judas's Cam the only real ? ...
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Timberlake doing an all out RnB record with no Euro Dance/Techno synths on the production versus a random RnB ? on the same record?

Timberlake WILL sell more because of his skin color.

Fact.

I mean sure this is true, but lets not act like JT isn't more talented than all these R&B guys..
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remember when JT got to perform on the big stage at MTV award and Ye went ballistic, seems like Mr West don't respect Justin and for good reason
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think Jay has anything to do with this.

I didn't say that he did. Comprehend please.

But Ye does consider Jay a big brother though....let me stop.