Camden, America’s poorest city struggles with crime, violence

Options
Jeezyfan4ever
Jeezyfan4ever Confirm Email Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/51091886

Camden, N.J., has the highest murder rate in the country, and the highest crime rate per capita – the criminals and drug deals operate in the open, and the police department is understaffed. But some residents are working hard to get their city back on track. NBC’s Brian Williams reports.

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Camden one of them need a messiah type places,sorry to the brother that stay there

Homie if you are there try to get out or be a reason.it get better
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    Options
    I been here for 7 years already
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So you moved there willingly? Why? Didn't they mobilize the National Guard there around the time you moved there?
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dudes that live there who like to brag about how bad their city is (where bad=bad) must be in heaven with all of that crime, violence, poverty and death.

• Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ?
    i just google image'd camden
    first two pics that came up made me think it was another camden in mexico or something
    but the third pic had a steel bridge and i know mexico don't have those
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    Options
    I live in Camden myself most of the ? is overreacting but other then everything else is true. I see it on a daily basis
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    Options
    When I buy things on Craigslist , I can't say I'm from Camden lol I gotta say cherry hill, or other place then Camden
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    Options
    So you moved there willingly? Why? Didn't they mobilize the National Guard there around the time you moved there?

I was born and raised in ny, moved to Camden at age 18 cause my parents bought a crib out here. Man I seen a lot ? these 7 years got stories for days bro
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Camden County>Camden City
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I was born and raised in ny, moved to Camden at age 18 cause my parents bought a crib out here. Man I seen a lot ? these 7 years got stories for days bro

I can imagine. What's weird is that Camden has been rated as the worst city in the country a lot over the past decade or so, but it never gets anywhere near as much press as places like Detroit and Chicago. You would think those places are much worse.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    5 worst american cities i've personally visited:

5. logan county, wv
    4. flint, mi
    3. memphis, tn
    2. newark, nj
    1. camden, nj

camden is the woat by far and it aint even close. smh @ nj being the ? of the us.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maaaan I used to hate driving to Camden. You hear gunshots in Paterson now and then too but when I used to get out Camden and get to Paterson ? would be like heaven and Paterson ain't no heaven for real
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    Options
    I give y'all one story, it was rican parade out in Camden I was checking out the chicks, Mann I was there chillin in my whip when two cars pulled up both ? got there cars arguing about some ? one of them went to there car got a strap and started buckin ? hop in car my car was on I bounce but the ? that was getting bucked at was behind me smh, had to turn into a one way this was broad day light 3 or 4 in the afternoon too ...
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    5 worst american cities i've personally visited:

5. logan county, wv
    4. flint, mi
    3. memphis, tn
    2. newark, nj
    1. camden, nj

camden is the woat by far and it aint even close. smh @ nj being the ? of the us.

lmao at newark being worse than flint. flint has nothing
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I give y'all one story, it was rican parade out in Camden I was checking out the chicks, Mann I was there chillin in my whip when two cars pulled up both ? got there cars arguing about some ? one of them went to there car got a strap and started buckin ? hop in car my car was on I bounce but the ? that was getting bucked at was behind me smh, had to turn into a one way this was broad day light 3 or 4 in the afternoon too ...

Stopped reading at "parade out in Camden." With all due respect, get the ? out of here. Why would you even go to that ? ? lol You don't see the army having parades in Afghanistan do you? Like "Nah, the Taliban won't ? this ? up because there are ? out here."
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Camden is bad, but its like any other hood in America. It just looks violent because its called a city/town. When in reality most ghettos in big cities match in population and have roughly the same amount of crime
  • Rhyme_Religion
    Rhyme_Religion Members Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Camden is bad, but its like any other hood in America. It just looks violent because its called a city/town. When in reality most ghettos in big cities match in population and have roughly the same amount of crime

Camden has only 70k in population and is more dangerous per capita then any of these big cities. they also recently got rid of the police because of budget issues. 61 murders in a 10 mile square city
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn is Camden that sad?
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stopped reading at "parade out in Camden." With all due respect, get the ? out of here. Why would you even go to that ? ? lol You don't see the army having parades in Afghanistan do you? Like "Nah, the Taliban won't ? this ? up because there are ? out here."

you shoulda kept reading because the story had pretty much nothing to do with the parade haha