Usual Suspects ending vs Primal Fear ending

Options
clairvoyance
clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Stand clear from this thread if you havnt seen any of the two...

Both movies had a twist revolving around similiar characters(keyser soze & aaron/roy)who pretended to be something they werent which was innocent and vulnerable.....

Imma go with Primal Fear the split personality really had me going not to say usual suspect ending was anything less than surprising but how edward norton delibrately gave him self away in thee end(in a slick way at that)only to poke fun at richard gear was priceless,cold,and somewhat funny all at the same time...

So which ending do you prefer

Usual Suspects ending vs Primal Fear ending 28 votes

Usual suspects ending
67%
[Deleted User]miami canesapp08_2001rageFocal Point2stepz_aheadgh0stCallMeWelvinRampage12S.jR.Chi-Town BullyTrollio Elzo69RenaissanceLou CypherLord_Hades_08AZTGvictory_kidonetoughmiracleRevolver Ocelot 19 votes
Primal Fear ending
32%
rap mysterioDupacdamnkpclairvoyanceillestni99ainnelamontbdcDrMindbender122EDDIEKANEZirconium 9 votes

Comments

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usual suspects ending
    You can't be serious...the Usual Suspects ending is damn near pop culture at this point in time. Its iconic, in the same vein as Godfathers intro music...
  • gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I voted US because that ? is official. Yet your dude Norton is the man though, he did same ? in the score.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Primal Fear ending
    dam this is a good one i was telling my girl bout primal fear after being dragged to see that side effects ?

? is close
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Primal Fear ending
    just because something is pop culture doesn't always been it was better...

scarface is arguably the top pop culture crime flick of all time but so far from the best crime movie it's laughable......

norton killed that ? ......

the part where he started clapping in the cell and Richard Gere standing there looking all butt hurt was awesome cinema....? blew your mind simply because no one saw it coming...

the whole set up to Uual suspects was that someone was going to be ultimately be revealed to be Keyser Söze, and the fact that there were so many hints dropped along the way made it a fun movie to where you were genuinely amused to find out that verbal was him all along....

but the line...

There never was an Aaron ... counselor

that ? killed it...
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usual suspects ending
    Du_Du wrote: »

scarface is arguably the top pop culture crime flick of all time but so far from the best crime movie it's laughable......

the part where he started clapping in the cell and Richard Gere standing there looking all butt hurt was awesome cinema....? blew your mind simply because no one saw it coming...

the whole set up to Uual suspects was that someone was going to be ultimately be revealed to be Keyser Söze, and the fact that there were so many hints dropped along the way made it a fun movie to where you were genuinely amused to find out that verbal was him all along....

but the line...

that ? killed it...

I stand by my vote.. but because of this ? is the reason why it's a legitimate question to favor Primal Fear.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usual suspects ending
    Du_Du wrote: »

but the line...

that ? killed it...

Are you seriously going to sit there and tell me that all that ? you just kicked is coming close to Keyser Soze?? Or that storyboard scene? Usual Suspects has been bit by everybody from Jay Z to SNL. Split personality has been done over and over. Show me one single movie that has anything even remotely close the end sequence of Usual Suspects.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usual suspects ending
    What is this thread without the videos..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Ed_vCOKY4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbaW0HZ_Qy8

The PF one is cut off though.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usual suspects ending
    The ? walk he did at the end to riding off in a fancy car>>>>
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usual suspects ending
    rage wrote: »
    You can't be serious...the Usual Suspects ending is damn near pop culture at this point in time. Its iconic, in the same vein as Godfathers intro music...

you voted for the guy in your avi....you aint slick....lol
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Usual suspects ending
    i voted US....

verbal/keyser not only played the police but other well established criminals. he was right in front of all of them doing his dirt an plotting the whole time.
    he had the cops believing it was someone else while tricking the criminals int helping him ? the guy who knew who he was.

all that on top of the that he gave no fukk and killed his own family.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Primal Fear ending
    pralims wrote: »
    i voted US....

verbal/keyser not only played the police but other well established criminals. he was right in front of all of them doing his dirt an plotting the whole time.
    he had the cops believing it was someone else while tricking the criminals int helping him ? the guy who knew who he was.

We dont even know if that or majority of the stories he was telling was true he was making up some things as he went along.

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Usual suspects ending
    pralims wrote: »
    i voted US....

We dont even know if that or majority of the stories he was telling was true he was making up some things as he went along.

well the ? had my going....and it kinda fits into why ? wanted him dead and why he wanted to off the last person who knew what he looked like.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usual suspects ending
    Usual Suspects, ? was a hard choice though.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usual suspects ending
    I don't remember Primal Fear but Usual Suspects is in my top 10 movies....
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usual suspects ending
    Usual suspects. I was shocked af learning he was really Kaiser Sose
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usual suspects ending
    Ed Norton did his thing but ev-erybody mind was blown when you saw this for the first time

giphy.gif

uw3zBy.gif
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Primal Fear ending
    this a real close one....Usual suspects one of them movies that's over hyped due to a great ending

at the end norton's acting gives primal fear the win for me
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...near watch the full movie from either one
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usual suspects ending
    Chose usual suspects cuzi never seen primal fear.
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usual suspects ending
    Easy