hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O yea, Puff won.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »
    It's good people are re watching. Suge then snoop started that ? , before then it was tension but the crowd was showing love. Dre got louder cheers than Biggie at that time, Nas also.

Not true. Even people that were there will tell you different. People would even yell out ? to all the non-east dudes during the breaks.

Did you watch the footage? Do you mean rivals were yelling ? at each other? Why would the audience hate the West coast acts who were all over tv? The south they just didn't give a ? about because they didn't get burn.
    TheBossman wrote: »
    some things about that show,

more blame should of been on upn (i think that's the station that broadcasted it) for not editing out all the east coast/west coast ? talk.

im sure if you asked snoop if he regrets what he said at that awards he would wish he never said that.

i forgot how big craig mack was at this point in the 90's. he fell off mad quick.

badboy had the better label when it came too all the different talent they had. but aftermath had the "big 3" tho...

That award was teh Craig Mack and Dr. Dre show but as rapmastermind said, Biggie was crowd that night(thanks to Death row).

No, people in the crowd would yell ? like "? the west coast" and things like that. That's why you saw a few artist get up and yell "Eastcoooooast" (ie. Craig Mack) or some ? during their acceptance speeches. That only kept the crowd going and kept the divide stronger when the artists did that.

They did it in 1994, they did it to NWA years prior. You gotta understand that alot of people had the mentality of, "we started hip-hop so it belongs to us and/or should sound like the way it sounds when we did it" mentality. So that's why they disliked alot of acts who didn't do that or fit that mode. So when they were yelling "eeeeastcoaast" and all that it was like saying "eastcoaaast hip-hop/we started this ? " or whatever. They always felt that west coast were rapping about dumb ? that applied to the pop audience, which is ironic now cuz we look back at it and call it classic music.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Man.... Respect to RZA, Wu Tang and Dr.Dre & Ed Lover for at least trying to keep it positive...

I got a urge to watch Jumanji haha, think the last time i saw that film was 1995.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    Options
    & LOL at Craig Mack "every year after that".....
  • hiphop12345
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It's good people are re watching. Suge then snoop started that ? , before then it was tension but the crowd was showing love. Dre got louder cheers than Biggie at that time, Nas also.

Not true. Even people that were there will tell you different. People would even yell out ? to all the non-east dudes during the breaks.

Did you watch the footage? Do you mean rivals were yelling ? at each other? Why would the audience hate the West coast acts who were all over tv? The south they just didn't give a ? about because they didn't get burn.

more blame should of been on upn (i think that's the station that broadcasted it) for not editing out all the east coast/west coast ? talk.

im sure if you asked snoop if he regrets what he said at that awards he would wish he never said that.

i forgot how big craig mack was at this point in the 90's. he fell off mad quick.

badboy had the better label when it came too all the different talent they had. but aftermath had the "big 3" tho...

That award was teh Craig Mack and Dr. Dre show but as rapmastermind said, Biggie was crowd that night(thanks to Death row).

No, people in the crowd would yell ? like "? the west coast" and things like that. That's why you saw a few artist get up and yell "Eastcoooooast" (ie. Craig Mack) or some ? during their acceptance speeches. That only kept the crowd going and kept the divide stronger when the artists did that.

They did it in 1994, they did it to NWA years prior. You gotta understand that alot of people had the mentality of, "we started hip-hop so it belongs to us and/or should sound like the way it sounds when we did it" mentality. So that's why they disliked alot of acts who didn't do that or fit that mode. So when they were yelling "eeeeastcoaast" and all that it was like saying "eastcoaaast hip-hop/we started this ? " or whatever. They always felt that west coast were rapping about dumb ? that applied to the pop audience, which is ironic now cuz we look back at it and call it classic music.

Seem like Craig yelled Eastcoast after the Snoop thing. Its been a minute since originally seeing it but this video kind of show that.

The rest of what you're saying is half truths, because if it was so much animosity from the jump why did Cube go out East?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    plus big and ghostface/raekwon had issues too. a whole lot of tension in that building.
  • CirocObama
    Options

The rest of what you're saying is half truths, because if it was so much animosity from the jump why did Cube go out East?

I can't answer you if you seriously just said this, smh.
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Good drop
    Was 22 when this aired
  • CirocObama
    Options
    Rahlow wrote: »
    Good drop
    Was 22 when this aired

Word? Did you get to see this live? If so, do you remember how you reacted at some of the things?
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    2Pac Dis Bad Boy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3YegOv2zMQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1uwKfbztVE

• hiphop12345
    Options

I can't answer you if you seriously just said this, smh.

Explain why Cube was getting so much love in New York?
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I rember catcing this ? at late night...I rember a few people talkin about it before so it was cool to finally see it.....I think this is when a lot of cats saw that those 80's word up magazine pics and thought that the game was that happy go lucky, unified we have no problems thing saw what it really was....respect to those that saw the bigger picture that night, but yo that tension was out of control
  • Bayish
    Bayish Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Options
    Here's something most people didn't catch. The last cell to the right during Death Row performance has a Pac cardboard cut out in it!!!!!!!
  • Bayish
    Bayish Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Options
    One more thing I always taught would have made it the greatest hip hop event of all time. If they would have bail Pac out, brought him out to California Love "out on bail out of jail California dreamin"
  • The Nuisance
    The Nuisance Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    lol @ all those ? jumpin on stage when biggie won album of the year

Yeah they was letting the West know, no matter how tough you are you're in the East, that's all.
  • CirocObama
    Options
    Bayish wrote: »
    Here's something most people didn't catch. The last cell to the right during Death Row performance has a Pac cardboard cut out in it!!!!!!!

Yeah i remember discovering that only like 6 years ago and telling it to people here. Alot of people still haven't noticed it. It was like a month or 2 before he got out.
  • CirocObama
    Options
    Nate dogg my ? but he sounded horrible live

True. I think he knew it tho if you look at his reaction when his performance ended. I'm sure he was either lit or had been drinking too, or maybe he hadn't perfected the art of live performances that well cuz when they did House Of Blues the following year he was doing nice.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? AINT SHOW BONE THUGS NO LOVE
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WHICH CLIP HAS OUTKAST WINNING THEIR AWARD?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a great moment in hip hop history.....but also one big ? moment