Cursing in front of your parents: Yay or Nay...

Options
Recaptimus_Prime360
Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
I'm sorry. I could care less if I'm grown azzz man, that's just something I can't do. Lol! Outta respect for my dad. I've never heard my dad curse EVER! Now my mama, oh yes. Not too ? tho. But I know if she was still alive, I wouldn't curse in front of her as well. She'd probably slap my lip off despite me being grown.

But this topic intrigues me when I see other folks curse in front of their parents like its nothing. I mean I know we're all grown, but there's still that part of me where I was raised not to disrespect my parents. What are y'all thoughts about this?

Who all curses in front of their parents? What kinda reaction do you get, if any? And would have a problem with your kids cursing in front of you when they get grown?

Comments

• MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nay!
    I don't cuss anymore. Even when I did cuss the only time I would say a cuss word in front of them was if I was repeating something someone else said.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unacceptable. Grown as I am, I would expect a reflex backhand from my mother if I cursed bad word in front of her..
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think its all in context, my parents dont mind it aslong as its not directed at anyone, or if its in joke form... Although last month i was ? after a wedding (LONG day of drinking), my mother saying how she didnt like some dude. i just remember shouting "yeah... you know why... cause he's a ? !!"

Part of my soul died that day...
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    I think its all in context, my parents dont mind it aslong as its not directed at anyone, or if its in joke form... Although last month i was ? after a wedding (LONG day of drinking), my mother saying how she didnt like some dude. i just remember shouting "yeah... you know why... cause he's a ? !!"

Part of my soul died that day...

I didnt know black folks used that word. lol
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm bout to be 40 and I don't do it
  • ex-soldier
    ex-soldier Members Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nay. I don't do it.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nay, doesn't feel right.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Nope. Just thought about it - I might curse a lot less than around my peers, but it does happen.

? it, I'm grown. I try not to though, out of respect.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope! Well not my mom anyway. My dad & my uncles always taught me that u could say what u want amongst men (them) & they would let me curse around them b/c they figured that I already did anyway. But they also taught me not to curse around my mom, aunts, & female cousins. Really just women in general & for the most part I still carry that w/ me.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing too ? & I usually excuse myself before I say it.

Its always in context and never toward someone.
    this, but not just toward my moms but everyone

• J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Not on some casual everyday talk, I don't even do that with my friends. But if the situation calls for it I'll curse in front of them but never towards anyone.
  • proud_babydaddy
    proud_babydaddy Members Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope normally my lil girls are around. But naw. Now my mama know i will let a few fly watching the falcons
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing sever just ? /? if we're watching sports I might say that's some ? ? or call somebody a hoe ass ? if I don't like something they done

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I normally don't do it, but I spazzed the hell out in front of my day a few months ago while we were working on the house. We had rented some equipment and was about to take it back before they closed and when we called, they said that they were already closed, even though they didn't close for another 10 minutes and we were literally right around the corner from the store smh. I was tired and ready to be done and I just started going hard. I just walked off cussing at everything for a like 3 minutes. After a while, I looked back at my dad and he was like...

th?id=H.4742198872966518&pid=15.1

All he did was laugh at me because he had never heard me talk like that before, and I'm 26 lol
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go in a suburban white neighborhood and ask this same question. Lol. My ex used to cuss in conversations with her mom all the time. Even cuss at her sometimes. Like jokingly say 'Mom, you're such a dumbs.'. SMH.

But nah, I don't cuss in front of my momma. Can't do it. Not that I think about it, when I asked my ex not to cuss in front of my mom when she came to visit, she actually tried to argue with me. SMH. Should've known then.
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if they still cuss in front of u then why not?

we're both grown, as long as u don't cuss at them
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry to hear your moms isn't here anymore darkone.

But yea I don't curse in front of my parents, if I'm around my boys and my mother calls I excuse myself or tell em to stop cursing around me.

If I had a kid I'd expect the same or meet that lil ? face with a Pete sampras over hand if it's a problem.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sure
    They curse in front of me
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont cuss in front of my parents... I just started cussing in convos with my siblings...
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea i do and then my mom always has to remind that she is my mom 1st, friend 2nd because i certainly be saying the wildest ? around her
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Yeah I do...have done so for years and it's always shocked the hell out of people and I never could understand why someone would think just because I can say "? " in front of my father I somehow don't respect him as much