Reasonable Doubt vs The Blueprint.. which album is the better album?..

Options

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt.
    Reasonable Doubt for the simple fact that i catch something new every time i hear it. That album is layered with double entandre's.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Blueprint.
    Easy decision. Blueprint is a classic. RD is 3.5 mics.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt.
    Interesting how? RD is a classic and AG is mediocre.

American Gangster mediocre? The IC trips me out sometimes, I know it all boils down to opinions but AG is lyrically one of Jays best albums and the production is on point to. More people compare AG to reasonable doubt than any other album in his catalogue. AG was the album that had me checking for jay again......When I saw AG performed live on MTV b4 the album dropped I was like ok im copping this no questions asked....mediocre? Ill take AG over BP any day of the week matter fact make a poll BP vs AG and see which album comes out on top.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Blueprint.
    Let's look at some of the freestyles/covers that RD and BP inspired..

Ransom Note - Joe Budden (starts at 2:56)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEDRKmAFaEI

The ? Over - Mos Def..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfqRipvk6WE

Takeover Freestyle - Cassidy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgLU6XcyuTg

Dead Presidents Freestyle - LL Cool J (starts at 0:22)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBf93-EVz4A

Dead Presidents Freestyle - Lupe Fiasco..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlmmv4dJsj4

Dead Prez - Cyhi Da Prynce (starts at 3:17)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Gi_rtCNAo

Dead Presidents II - J. Cole..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giOn1xTUC7w
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt.
    The Weakest Tracks On BP Are Weaker Than Anything On RD....Not To Mention The Lyricism
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Blueprint.
    BP is better easily, ? jus picking RD ? it's not "mainstream" like BP
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Blueprint.
    IMLT vol 1>>>>>>>>>>>RD
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The Blueprint.
    I think you have to be of a certain age and mindset to appreciate Reasonable Doubt........................

Like you had to be over 20 and seen New Jersey Drive to like Reasonable Doubt............ I wonder what the Reasonable Doubt lovers think of Jay-Z in the late 90's and 2000's..... No diss just a question..............
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt.
    TheIraq wrote: »
    I think you have to be of a certain age and mindset to appreciate Reasonable Doubt........................

Like you had to be over 20 and seen New Jersey Drive to like Reasonable Doubt............ I wonder what the Reasonable Doubt lovers think of Jay-Z in the late 90's and 2000's..... No diss just a question..............

He's still nice.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    RD but i prob play BP more
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Blueprint.
    when rd dropped it was overlooked had to grow on people but when blueprint dropped it was an instant classic... 9/11 just happend sum weeks later yankees lose the ws people needed that soulful ? it was stressful out there b plus ? it launched kanye n revived nas what else ya want....
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Blueprint.
    Blueprints losing....I guess it's true...

There ain't no love, in the heart of the city!
  • DMTxTHC
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The Blueprint.
    Blueprints losing....I guess it's true...

There ain't no love, in the heart of the city!

@ROZAYTABERNACLE

Heart of the City - Joe Budden.. yet another freestyle BP inspired..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3UTrXOsViU
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt.
    Interesting how? RD is a classic and AG is mediocre.

American Gangster mediocre? The IC trips me out sometimes, I know it all boils down to opinions but AG is lyrically one of Jays best albums and the production is on point to. More people compare AG to reasonable doubt than any other album in his catalogue. AG was the album that had me checking for jay again......When I saw AG performed live on MTV b4 the album dropped I was like ok im copping this no questions asked....mediocre? Ill take AG over BP any day of the week matter fact make a poll BP vs AG and see which album comes out on top.

Yeah, it's mediocre to me, and most people I've seen that compare RD and AG do so because of the similar themes.

And it's cool that you really liked it, but the album isn't anything special to me. That said, other than RD and BP, none of his albums are anything special to me. So, you saying that AG is better than his other albums might be true, but it still doesn't mean it isn't mediocre. I'm going to listen to it again when I get a chance and see if I'm being unreasonable.
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    The Blueprint.
    Nosign on AG being mediocre.. as of now, American Gangster is my favorite album from Jay..
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt.
    Blueprint might be more impactful, but RD is overall a better album.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt.
    RD and it's really not even close to me. BP=overrated and AG/TBA are underrated. The production/vibe on BP is classic but jay's rhymes on RD>>>>. I still listen to "feelin' it" at least once a day...
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt.
    Reasonable Doubt.. Took me a while to ? with the production on The Blueprint.
  • mr.october
    mr.october Members Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt.
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Reasonable Doubt.. Took me a while to ? with the production on The Blueprint.

I think production wise in total meaning not just the beats but the mixing n arrangement blueprint is ahead of rd but beats wise their neck and neck. ski was jay's original go to sound n pretty much got him aside fr jaz's ain't no ? . I'd put dead presidents against u don't know or takeover anyday n I think a lot of people would say its as good as the other or better.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt.
    So I listened to American Gangster like I said I would, and if ya'll really like that album well ? Bless ya. To me the only really good songs are Roc Boys and I know. Everything else ranges from OK to bad. Overall, the album is just boring to me. Every song either has good lyrics from Jay but boring delivery and production or he's spitting nicely but ain't saying anything interesting. How anyone can think it's anywhere near as good as Reasonable Doubt is a mystery to me.
  • Jeremyiahest83
    Jeremyiahest83 Members Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The Blueprint.
    I'm all about replay value so I chose BP. Something about that album has kept it in my rotation for Years.. I can't say that for RD.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Blueprint.
    Not even close for me, R.D. is so overrated. ? is so dated, album didn't age well at all. Blueprint the production is incredible and Jay was at his peak flow wise.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt.
    Everytime Jigga that ? plays, smh.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The Blueprint.
    Blueprint easily!!!! And Im not bias, I happen to be listening to the reasonable dought ? driving home from work today and I thought about the IC, I swear to ? without even knowin this topic was made lol. I could only bump like 3 songs today real talk and im being trill wit chall right now. smh ? 's so overated and im not no 15 year old kid saying this, Im a grown man that actually love that 90's ? , atleast most of it. D Evils is about the only joint that even aged well. I be tryin really hard you guys but I just don't see what yall see in that overated, half the beats are bland, ? . Even' Jigga that ? ' Jay's worse joint on blueprint, beatwise ? on 80 percent of reasonable dought. On Blueprint no songs sounded the same which allowed each joint to have it's own personality. I mean...what are we really talking about here? Lets put it this way, If 'You don't know' came on one radio station and you turn the station and the simp anthem 'Aint no ? ' is on...which one are yall gonna turn to and turn the volume up? You RD heads are on all types of drugs.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Blueprint.
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Blueprint easily!!!! And Im not bias, I happen to be listening to the reasonable dought ? driving home from work today and I thought about the IC, I swear to ? without even knowin this topic was made lol. I could only bump like 3 songs today real talk and im being trill wit chall right now. smh ? 's so overrated and im not no 15 year old kid saying this, Im a grown man that actually love that 90's ? , atleast most of it. D Evils is about the only joint that even aged well. I be tryin really hard you guys but I just don't see what yall see in that overatted, half the beats are bland, ? . Even' Jigga that ? ' Jay's worse joint on blueprint, beatwise ? on 80 percent of reasonable dought. On Blueprint no songs sounded the same which allowed each joint to have it's own personality. I mean...what are we really talking about here? Lets put it this way, If 'You don't know' came on one radio station and you turn the station and the simp anthem 'Aint no ? ' is on...which one are yall gonna turn to and turn the volume up? You RD heads are on all types of drugs.