Who is the most Overrated Producer of All Time???

Options
1235»

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beats by the Pound
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What happened to Darkchild and Jazze Pha?

jazze pha produced that sorry track for t.i. and Andre 3k
  • Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr. Dre
    i picked dre only because hes considered a living legend / arguably greatest producer of all time.

i think his beats are repetitive and tiring. but i hear nothing but high praise from artists that work with him so i could be very wrong.

i would say timberland, but hes not relevant enough. plus, he crossed over.
  • Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr. Dre
    Heatmakers

you trippin...
  • CALI KUSH
    CALI KUSH Members Posts: 196
    Options
    All u dumb ? saying its Dr dre thats just some hating ass ? ..how are u gonna call this dude over rated..just look at the track record nothing but classics with nwa, snoop,Pac, eminem,xzibit, game and the list goes on! Foh with that ignorant ?
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Other/Pick a producer
    Would say Swizz. But I'm not sure he's overrated. He's never mentioned in GOAT discussions.

Maybe Dilla. he's dope as ? and all, but I hate the 'Dilla saved my life' ? and hoes who kno' nothin' about hip-hop but think they're aficionados coz they kno' bout him.

And 9th Wonder. ? been makin' the same beat for 12 years

Real talk this ? had me rollin' for a minute. ? still be acting like The Minstrel Show was last week sometimes...
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other/Pick a producer
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    plocc wrote: »
    Puffy. It always blew my mind when people mentioned him as a producer.

Whoa..whoa..whoa...

Puff basically has a team of producers who make beats for him, then he comes in and 'sprinkles his magic', then credits it to himself (via Hitmen)

Well, if that makes him overrated...

534089_10150782872510148_1280295610_a.jpg

This ngga been doin that for the last 10 years. Google Mike Elizondo, Denauan Porter.

Even Kanye was beatmaking for them. He did a lot of beats that D-Dot and some others got credit for way back when.

Off the top of my head, Is It You Remix (by Made Men w/ Big Pun, etc) and Stir Crazy (by Tha Madd Rapper w/ Eminem) were beats made by Kanye.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    how are ? naming Mike Will, Chop and Luger and they only been out for like 2 years combined. all time doesn't equal two weeks ago
    and I know somebody is going to be like "but chop been putting in that work since he was 11 same for Luger"
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other/Pick a producer
    Swizz Beats he had some bangers in his Double R days, but that "Showtime!!" "Put Ya Hands Up Now!!!!" on every hook is annoying as ? .
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other/Pick a producer
    Swizz Beats he had some bangers in his Double R days, but that "Showtime!!" "Put Ya Hands Up Now!!!!" on every hook is annoying as ? .

And them ? damn whistles smh
  • usmarin3
    Options
    LOL at Dre, Just, Ye,Premo being overrated but BEATS BY THE POUND not being. lmfao

Them ? mass produced so many mediocre ? beats. Generic sounding beats at that. Every now and then they'll luck up with a beat like The man right here, Here i go,etc.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When people say Dre is overrated, some people get on the defensive like we sayin he ass

All it means is the credit he gets>>>>>>>>>>his ACTUAL production, primarily after Chronic 2001

For example, Dre only only made the beat for 4 or 5 songs on Gret Rich or Die Tryin & Documentary, albums that nggas seem to think he wholely produced.

And if u wanna say 'it aint all about the beat, he directs the music blah blah blah...Well in that case Puff, Jermaine Dupri, Jayz have all executive produced also. But we dont think to give them credit for it

• usmarin3
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    When people say Dre is overrated, some people get on the defensive like we sayin he ass

All it means is the credit he gets>>>>>>>>>>his ACTUAL production, primarily after Chronic 2001

For example, Dre only only made the beat for 4 or 5 songs on Gret Rich or Die Tryin & Documentary, albums that nggas seem to think he wholely produced.

And if u wanna say 'it aint all about the beat, he directs the music blah blah blah...Well in that case Puff, Jermaine Dupri, Jayz have all executive produced also. But we dont think to give them credit for it

By your dumb logic Quincy Jones has not produced a album in his life.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alright this thread like I think the T/S intended has begun to bring out some little emotions in some posters

I personally don't think any 'Producer' is overrated unless you rate him by any standard. It all goes back to listening to ? YOU like and trusting your own judgement concerning HipHop music . .

With that been said a couple of cats named here (Dre, Puffy and KanYe) are more or less half a producer IMO because they have not mastered the art of playing musical instruments. Some of their best music has been co-produced . .

There's a Just Blaze appreciation page currently on the first page. If you ask me, I think he's the BEST HipHop producer right now

He's a DJ (brilliant on the 1s & 2s and can get your party started), he has mastered the beat box/drum machine, he plays live instruments (keys and drums), he's a conductor (see 'Lord Knows') and finally incredibly versatile.

For Jay Elect, he gave us 'Exhibit A'; super sonic sounding ? . 'Exhibit C'; he gave us some soul food . .

Sorry for the titanagraph
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Alright this thread like I think the T/S intended has begun to bring out some little emotions in some posters

I personally don't think any 'Producer' is overrated unless you rate him by any standard. It all goes back to listening to ? YOU like and trusting your own judgement concerning HipHop music . .

With that been said a couple of cats named here (Dre, Puffy and KanYe) are more or less half a producer IMO because they have not mastered the art of playing musical instruments. Some of their best music has been co-produced . .

There's a Just Blaze appreciation page currently on the first page. If you ask me, I think he's the BEST HipHop producer right now

He's a DJ (brilliant on the 1s & 2s and can get your party started), he has mastered the beat box/drum machine, he plays live instruments (keys and drums), he's a conductor (see 'Lord Knows') and finally incredibly versatile.

For Jay Elect, he gave us 'Exhibit A'; super sonic sounding ? . 'Exhibit C'; he gave us some soul food . .

Sorry for the titanagraph

yet just blaze has?
    this is not an attack on him because he's my favorite hip hop producer. maybe you know something I don't

I know for a fact he had the drummer from 1500 or nothing to play the drums over his "show me what you got" beat
  • yamatosteakhouse
    yamatosteakhouse Members Posts: 1
    Options