Why isn't there more white mcs on Em's level?

Options
2»

Comments

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    window-pain!..
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    They don't have his dedication to the culture. Eminem studied the game, his favorite rappers are different from other white folks and even some ignorant ? . He really wanted to do this ? and put the work in to make it happen.

This

Plus Dr. Dre doesnt produce their albums.

Usmarin3 fails once again.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh i forgot about R.A. The rugged man, id say hes better than em for sure. If eminem would have gave evidence more bars in that beef with everlast he would have killed him imo. Im sure there are some more white rappers that are better than him i just cant think of them. Nah twizted isnt better than Eminem genocide lol.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    eminem has lyrical talent i can't deny him that, he's just corny.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cause its rare that whites really go through anything noteworthy... Thats why they gotta play guitars and ? . Em actually had a tough life. Thats what hip hop all about
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cause its rare that whites really go through anything noteworthy... Thats why they gotta play guitars and ? . Em actually had a tough life. Thats what hip hop all about

Nah, a tough life makes for a better story, but Hip Hop is more than the struggle. It's an expression to overcome it. if that was the case, 99% of the rappers of today shouldn't be rapping cause they from the burbs. lol
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    riff-raff-album.jpg

I beg your pardon
  • drsnappple
    drsnappple Members Posts: 185 ✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3YhsGfqI2U

I tend to have the same opinion of Em as most on here (that he's corny or outright wack 9 times out of ten). But still you can't deny that Em's best work is amazing.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    They don't have the backing Em had (Dre and Jimmy Iovine) and they never tapped into the teenage white angst that EM did. Most of the other white rappers rap like black rappers in their topics, they aren't on some gimmicky over the top ? Em is on (? my parents, ? my wife, beat up boy bands,etc).

People like Bubba Sparxxx, Mac Miller, etc rap about ? , weed, etc. They ain't on that corny ? .

Like rappin about ? , weed, etc.. aint corny lol Just cause Jay can do it well dont mean it aint corny by most others.

Weed and ? are everyday things ? , killing your wife, family, rapping about getting butt ? ,etc ain't normal. I don't know why that flew over your head and wtf does Jay have to do with what i post.
  • usmarin3
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Eminem is basically the the solo version of Beastie Boys, he tapped into that teenage white angst and white kids are naturally gonna pull for their own more. It's the same reason why Beastie Sold 5 times the albums that Run DMC despite Run DMC putting them on and having them open up for them. Once a white rapper with some skills gets backing from some reputable entity in the culture and they can tap into that white teenage angst, it's unlimited opportunity.

That's why you always hear Em fans talk about some dumb ? about "EM is not materialistic like those rappers".
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure why. But Em is a great artist. He had a great team around him pushing him. But there's a reason why there isn't another white mc who hasn't blown up.
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    I can't fathom how people can deny Em's skill as an Emcee.

That's like saying Nas is a terrible storyteller and he's mad boring.

he is mad boring
  • PK_TK_187
    Options
    aint nobody ? with Em.
    dude will rap circles around square lyricists
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    They don't have the backing Em had (Dre and Jimmy Iovine) and they never tapped into the teenage white angst that EM did. Most of the other white rappers rap like black rappers in their topics, they aren't on some gimmicky over the top ? Em is on (? my parents, ? my wife, beat up boy bands,etc).

People like Bubba Sparxxx, Mac Miller, etc rap about ? , weed, etc. They ain't on that corny ? .

Like rappin about ? , weed, etc.. aint corny lol Just cause Jay can do it well dont mean it aint corny by most others.

Weed and ? are everyday things ? , killing your wife, family, rapping about getting butt ? ,etc ain't normal. I don't know why that flew over your head and wtf does Jay have to do with what i post.

So cause ? do it everyday doesnt make it corny? Must be a huge Lil Wayne fan then?
  • usmarin3
    Options

So cause ? do it everyday doesnt make it corny? Must be a huge Lil Wayne fan then?

Why you ? always go to the extreme wackness to prove a point. Redman, Biggie,etc rapped about a lot of weed and ? , why don't you use them as examples.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Why you ? always go to the extreme wackness to prove a point. Redman, Biggie,etc rapped about a lot of weed and ? , why don't you use them as examples.

Did I not just use Jay Z?
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »

I respect that.

@PK_TK_187

You like Boosie, what the ? you do have to tell me?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Which one?..
    Action Bronson is still pretty unestablished comparatively and while i hate to pick on Evidence since no one gives a ? about him, he's just often underwhelming to me

whereas R.A. ... him i can see rating over Eminem. but it's not like they're not both high-level rappers.

• Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    Options
    they arent too many black rappers on ems level either.
    dude is just too damn skilled, wether you like his songs or not.
  • PK_TK_187
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Jamaica wrote: »

I respect that.

@PK_TK_187

You like Boosie, what the ? you do have to tell me?

i dont get it