Options
2»

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I'm from the Ochi area (Ochos Rios), stay within that area all the way down to Runaway Bay. That's generally a tourist area and really safe, you can even go out on the town. If you're in Ochi and want to go to a wild ass strip club, go to Shades.

Stay away from Kingston, Spanish Town,etc. Montego Bay and Negril are pretty safe too.

? how u gon give advice to stay away from Kingston, but Mobay is safe.... ? you don't know ? .

LOL at i don't know ? , other than my pops has been Inspector of police in both towns. I'll go to Mo Bay before i go to Kingston.
  • Yardie1
    Yardie1 Members Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Options
    @alvarez_313

Kingston ain't no war zone (Avoid Downtown/South/West Kingston by all means tho')...

"Town" IS beautiful, especially near and going towards Uptown and looking down from the mountains which surround Kingston, ie... Cherry Gardens, NorBrook, Stony Hill, Jacks Hill etc...

In the Marketplace you have (Club Fiction, Usain Bolt Restaraunt & Lounge called Usain Bolts Tracks & Records just up from Half-Way Tree, within the Constant Spring area)

There's a few strip clubs 'round Half-Way Tree area too(Don't be surprised to see a lot of ? in there).

U MUST visit Devon House (Off Hope Road).

New Kingston (Clubs, Strip Clubs, Financial District).

Also Bob Marley has his own Museum up on Hope Road going toward Sovreign Mall, UWI(University of West Indies).

Castleton Botanical Gardens in St. Andrew, just north of Kingston....

If you in Mobay... everything is on the "Strip".... right down the road, just outside the Sangsters airport in Montego Bay.

If you go to Portmore, go to Hellshire Beach. Holla at me in the pm if you need a taxi/personal shuttle & tour bus, guide point-of-contact. My older cousin is licensed and legit. True Story.

This man knows wat he speaks of. Fiction is my place! I didn't kno we had so many Jamaicans on the IC. The biggest small island in the world. Also if u want good ? chicken eat at Scotchies, they all over the island and helshire got the BEST fried and steamed fish in the world
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you said you're goin with your wife so keep your composure - but the rio in ochos rios was poppin when i went in '10.
    - wifi, flat screens in d rooms, nice beach
    - actual club on d resort (locals pass thru too)
    - the avg age of single women was 20-30s

def worth the visit if your travellin wit d homies or single. the area around d resort is safe for tourists too - just need to connect with a good taxi man
  • Yardie1
    Yardie1 Members Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Options
    Mobay's actually hotter than kingston right now with the lotto scammers runnin wild down there. But stay outta the ghetto's and ur good, jus like kingston an everywhere else in the world
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @alvarez_313

Kingston ain't no war zone (Avoid Downtown/South/West Kingston by all means tho')...

"Town" IS beautiful, especially near and going towards Uptown and looking down from the mountains which surround Kingston, ie... Cherry Gardens, NorBrook, Stony Hill, Jacks Hill etc...

In the Marketplace you have (Club Fiction, Usain Bolt Restaraunt & Lounge called Usain Bolts Tracks & Records just up from Half-Way Tree, within the Constant Spring area)

There's a few strip clubs 'round Half-Way Tree area too(Don't be surprised to see a lot of ? in there).

U MUST visit Devon House (Off Hope Road).

New Kingston (Clubs, Strip Clubs, Financial District).

Also Bob Marley has his own Museum up on Hope Road going toward Sovreign Mall, UWI(University of West Indies).

Castleton Botanical Gardens in St. Andrew, just north of Kingston....

If you in Mobay... everything is on the "Strip".... right down the road, just outside the Sangsters airport in Montego Bay.

If you go to Portmore, go to Hellshire Beach. Holla at me in the pm if you need a taxi/personal shuttle & tour bus, guide point-of-contact. My older cousin is licensed and legit. True Story.

Good ? !!! Honestly I did want to venture outside of the resort because I want to experience the "real" Jamaica.. I haven't been to the islands in a LONG time, last time was visiting fam in Trinidad but I'm expecting the vibes in Ja to be different than Trini.. Really appreciate this and I will be hitting you up in a pm.. Props..
  • alvarez_313
    Options
    Yardie1 wrote: »
    Mobay's actually hotter than kingston right now with the lotto scammers runnin wild down there. But stay outta the ghetto's and ur good, jus like kingston an everywhere else in the world

Yeah I was thinking it can't be much worse than some of the places I frequent in Detroit..

• Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I've been..

Check out the Bob Marley tour...that's big, get to see where dude is buried and his parents are buried how he lived and all you believe the ? and how this dude lived and where he wrote his songs....I would post pics..

Also go snorkeling in the Caribbean Sea, don't know what type of person you are, but I did that and I also did zip-lining too

They have lil shops that you can get good stuff for cheap (bracelet, backsacks, Bob Marley gear that the locals make and sale...they love America money so you should be able to rack up

Go on the beach and relax...I did a spa treatment everyday, only thing is don't go out alone after dark lol...I wouldn't advise that..but you can go to Margarita-ville..nice after hour joint, live music or whatnot..
    They have clubs you can go and party, it's just certain ones you have to go too though lol...I met up with some of the locals there, they were pretty cool and advised me where to go and whatnot..so it all depends on who you going with (your party) or what type of locals you run into there

There's this plantation now a golf course called White Witch or something..lol..she owned slaves...that was pretty neat, you can eat lunch there and play some golf...don't know if you do that..

Oh and eat some of their goat and currie...really good, on Fridays's don't go to KFC..? will be packed, they don't cook on Friday's so everyone there eat at KFC... (Keep From Cooking)

But it's tons of other stuff I did, I can't think of...went out on a yacht and cruise on the Caribbean it was a party on the boat..served alcohol and drinks lol..? was nice...
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Them ngas are hard on that Gunja out there...they will be offering it pretty much every where you go...if you go on that Bob Marley tour, they "expect" you to smoke it while there Lol...? was crazy...It's a cool place to relax not a bad flight neither, will be going back in June or some time...
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? called old boys pops King Fish lmao mi wouldnt tek da 1 deh

lol at 'Keep From Cooking' that ? is true as ? , Jamaican kfc>>>>american kfc and popeyes
    yea I said it and what?
  • alvarez_313
    Options
    We definitely planned on hitting Margaritaville and the Bob Marley thing.. Ain't ? with the ? though, nicca got asthma I'd be done flatlined the ? out lol.. I prefer Trini curry to Ja curry but since I'm in Ja I'll have to roll with that lol.. We will be there just for a few days, June 20-23..