13»

Comments

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    andre_1024 wrote: »
    good interview but dude mentioning the fact that his audience consists partly of young white adults got me like..... (:| :(, it is what it is though and dont take away from his music. His acting like being on letterman was such a big deal...maybe to him, but to me as a fan of his music I could give a ? less about any late night tv show having rappers on as guest...I dont know...I feel distanced from dude and his music now. Its like what in the hell do white folks see in and feel from your music.

Its a big deal he's on Letterman because he's an independent artist making the music he wants and is getting a chance to bring it to a National level..

Thats basically saying its a chance for him to go mainstream which I dont think is going to happen. Mike damn near 40, not to knock him because I love his music to death, but I think his time for that has passed. Young people decides what hot or not and if it aint on some ignorant ? most of em aint interested in the least. I will always be a member of his core audience though....as long as he dont try to switch up his content and style too much. I think I pledge 2 is his best work to date thus far.

Ever since 2chainz rose to one of the hottest rappers in the game I put nothing passed anybody for real. All Killer Mike would need is the right cosign, either behind the scenes or publicly. Dude already got a Grammy. The masses would love Killer Mike for the exact same reasons they love Outkast.

ehhhhh no

Why no? He definitely from the Outkast family tree

• lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with what he said about his fanbase consisting of white people. that's a majority of anybodies fanbase really it's just about accepting it for what it is. you know who are the ones that would go to a small venue KRS One concerts? white people. I'm sure it's no different for Killer Mike. they support the art form just as much as we do if not more especially from a monetary standpoint.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Killer Mike been on that real and clowns like Envy need to catch up and stop being a puppet.
  • THROWEDTX13
    THROWEDTX13 Members Posts: 13
    Options
    A rappers rapper and a man's man. Salute the big homie. Snapping and Trapping on Stankonia Popping tags with Big boi, jayz and Twista to Grindtime Rap Gang Pledge series to R.A.P music Mike has been on his game. Bro was on Letterman I'm proud of this brother. He earned everything he's received. Respect bro.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grind time rap gang! bang bang bang!
  • THROWEDTX13
    THROWEDTX13 Members Posts: 13
    Options
    Okay honestly how many 25 year old black males jamming Mike? Its a minority. I'm 34 so his music fits in with what I like. Even though I recommend his music to anybody but your average ignorant young bro wont be caught jamming Burn. Good music attracts people who appreciate quality if that's white folks so what. Do your thing Mike.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great interview!!! I mean on that gun ? , it makes sense! Ever since Bush signed the patriot act I knew it would all go downhill, and with the current efforts to change gun laws, I wouldn't be surprised if they did change the amendment and tried to come take guns. I mean all they gotta do is go to your fb page or somewhere to find out where you are.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    Options
    R.A.P Music is a dope dope album, this a good interview! cant agree with the Gun law arguement though....
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    I got mad respect for Killer Mike but I'm not sure I agree with that ? about tyranny and guns. That ? sounds crazy to me.

It sounds a bit crazy, though I'm glad that he can rap about it and show that it can be fit into music that still hits hard as hell.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    great interview !!
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good interview but dude mentioning the fact that his audience consists partly of young white adults got me like..... (:| :(, it is what it is though and dont take away from his music. His acting like being on letterman was such a big deal...maybe to him, but to me as a fan of his music I could give a ? less about any late night tv show having rappers on as guest...I dont know...I feel distanced from dude and his music now. Its like what in the hell do white folks see in and feel from your music.

Its a big deal he's on Letterman because he's an independent artist making the music he wants and is getting a chance to bring it to a National level..

Thats basically saying its a chance for him to go mainstream which I dont think is going to happen. Mike damn near 40, not to knock him because I love his music to death, but I think his time for that has passed. Young people decides what hot or not and if it aint on some ignorant ? most of em aint interested in the least. I will always be a member of his core audience though....as long as he dont try to switch up his content and style too much. I think I pledge 2 is his best work to date thus far.

Ever since 2chainz rose to one of the hottest rappers in the game I put nothing passed anybody for real. All Killer Mike would need is the right cosign, either behind the scenes or publicly. Dude already got a Grammy. The masses would love Killer Mike for the exact same reasons they love Outkast.

ehhhhh no

They learned to make stuff that could get spins and say something harsh. That first album didn't have white fans like that and Killer Mike gives his msg too hard for the mainstream to digest

• 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I ? with Killer and feel he is criminally underated but...

Its funny he talking about he been to places where guns are illegal and doesnt like them because of that but he's in New York for that interview... ? dont be thinking sometimes when they get to emotional and end up saying dumb ? . At least he sount like he knew what he was talking bout though
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Say What wrote: »

ehhhhh no

They learned to make stuff that could get spins and say something harsh. That first album didn't have white fans like that and Killer Mike gives his msg too hard for the mainstream to digest

Agreed. He came from the Outkast bloodlines, but he's nothing like Kast and will never, ever get the shine that they got.