The Official NFL Draft/Offseason thread

Options

Comments

• txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aight, that was fun. Now back to Football.

We do "series" in the college football thread, see if we can get one poppin in the NFL thread.

Drop who you WANT your squad to pick up in the 1st round of the draft.

Not necessarily who you think they "will" pick. But who you want.

For me, it's Big Banks. 'Specially now that Brent is gone.

Mississippi-State-Johnthan-Banks-Marvin-Gentry2.jpg

Good size.

Fast.

Smart.

Good character, humble.

Good DB technique (always plays the ball.)

Won the Thorpe Award (Best DB in the nation.)

These WR's ain't gettin' no smaller, so his size is important. If there was a equally talented DE or DT that was just as likely to be available in the late 1st round I would pick them instead, but it ain't.

"I think I can play against anybody. I can own anybody. I think I can cover Megatron."

That don't sound too humble to me, but he did help himself on his pro day and improved on that 4.61.

I would love to get the hunny badger with one of our third round picks.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    txboi_09 wrote: »
    Aight, that was fun. Now back to Football.

We do "series" in the college football thread, see if we can get one poppin in the NFL thread.

Drop who you WANT your squad to pick up in the 1st round of the draft.

Not necessarily who you think they "will" pick. But who you want.

For me, it's Big Banks. 'Specially now that Brent is gone.

Mississippi-State-Johnthan-Banks-Marvin-Gentry2.jpg

Good size.

Fast.

Smart.

Good character, humble.

Good DB technique (always plays the ball.)

Won the Thorpe Award (Best DB in the nation.)

These WR's ain't gettin' no smaller, so his size is important. If there was a equally talented DE or DT that was just as likely to be available in the late 1st round I would pick them instead, but it ain't.

"I think I can play against anybody. I can own anybody. I think I can cover Megatron."

That don't sound too humble to me, but he did help himself on his pro day and improved on that 4.61.

I would love to get the hunny badger with one of our third round picks.

I don't mean football humble, I mean personally humble. Dude is mature for his age, been taking care of his kid for a while (on campus). ? , ATL is the home of Prime Time and Roddy White so I ain't saying he need to be shaking hands on the field. Just keep it cool off the field and be willing to learn.

And saying "I'm good, but I don't think I can handle the best receivers in the game" is not what a GM wants to hear if he's paying you millions and spending a 1st round pick to do just that.

And Syrup Squirrel said the same thing about Megatron. It was the cliche line of the DB draft interviews honestly.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I dont watch much college football. I do know the Falcons need a corner. Hopefullh the 1st pick is the best available cb in the draft.

They should also sign someone like Winfield for the vet min and let him and the rookie compete for the starting spot.

We definitely need 3 more corners wherever they come from. Brent is gone, Chris Owned is gone (praise Allah). And of course Dunta got cut. So that's three holes right there.

I say we draft 2 and sign 1 off the streets.

Don't sleep on training camp casualties too. THere's bound to be at least 2 or 3 surprising training camp cuts every year.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is why I dropped The Cowboys after they let T.O. go, Jerry Jones be smoking too much or something, he makes the wackest decisions!
    So Flacco gets a big contract, Aaron Rodgers gets a big contract and now Jerry Jones do the same and give Romo overrated ass a big contract!
    Flacco earned that money, he is a Super Bowl Champ and MVP, Aaron Rodgers is a Super Bowl Champ and MVP, Romo ain't won one playoff game and he gets a big contract Lol, Cowboys as a organization is done!
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    This is why I dropped The Cowboys after they let T.O. go, Jerry Jones be smoking too much or something, he makes the wackest decisions!
    So Flacco gets a big contract, Aaron Rodgers gets a big contract and now Jerry Jones do the same and give Romo overrated ass a big contract!
    Flacco earned that money, he is a Super Bowl Champ and MVP, Aaron Rodgers is a Super Bowl Champ and MVP, Romo ain't won one playoff game and he gets a big contract Lol, Cowboys as a organization is done!

I'm gonna need you to explain this
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Jesus walk with the chirren.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maaaaan what the ? ?

I know Lions fans be feeling disrespected when ? say they dropped their teams. Lol
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We got people leaving their teams because their favorite player has left. You also got people with two football teams. I want to know where they do that ? at because not all of us do that.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You one of them dumb ?
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't even bother reading the rest of his post. I stopped right after I read that.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kamp123 wrote: »
    I didn't mean it like that. Matt Ryan may have the stats, but he doesn't have the intangables like cluchness and the ability to not choke in playoff games. That, in my opinion, gives Joe the slight advantage.

? this guy...

Ol "Stats dont mean ANYTHING" ass ? .

So Tim Tebow >>> someone like Matt Stafford. Tebow's a WINNER, got the intangibles, won in the playoffs...

right...

right...?
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact that it wasn't even necessary makes it even more hilarious. ? gave up the information for no reason
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Kamp123 wrote: »
    I didn't mean it like that. Matt Ryan may have the stats, but he doesn't have the intangables like cluchness and the ability to not choke in playoff games. That, in my opinion, gives Joe the slight advantage.

? this guy...

Ol "Stats dont mean ANYTHING" ass ? .

So Tim Tebow >>> someone like Matt Stafford. Tebow's a WINNER, got the intangibles, won in the playoffs...

right...

right...?

Don't even bother. If a ? 's a stan (and don't know ? about football) he'll say anything to defend a player.

Some of y'all ? would make turrible GMs.

"With the first pick of the 2013 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select..."

*reads team card.*

"...Anybody dat got a rang.... Am I reading this right?"
    GoodellsLetter.jpg
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    This will probably be the first draft I've watched closely AFTER the 4th round in a while.

If your team needs a QB, you're ? this year, but if they need pretty much anything else, you could come up major in this draft.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I busted out laughing when the ? said matt ryan is a better qb than flacco but not a better football player lmao.....? dont know what to say when they get caught up in the matrix
  • south4life
    Options
    I was a Cowboys fan since I was little and I followed The Saints because my father is from New Orleans.
    I didn't like the way they were going when T.O. was there and was starting not to like the team and when they cut T.O. that was the end for me and I just stuck with The Saints.

I watched The Saints when they had Joe Horn, Deuce McAllister and Aaron Brooks; before Drew Brees, Reggie Bush and Marques Colston came to the team and I liked the team so I stayed with The Saints because I got tired of The Cowboys.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    I was a Cowboys fan since I was little and I followed The Saints because my father is from New Orleans.
    I didn't like the way they were going when T.O. was there and was starting not to like the team and when they cut T.O. that was the end for me and I just stuck with The Saints.

I watched The Saints when they had Joe Horn, Deuce McAllister and Aaron Brooks; before Drew Brees, Reggie Bush and Marques Colston came to the team and I liked the team so I stayed with The Saints because I got tired of The Cowboys.

Bruh you understand why your fan history is questionable right....I remember in the Heat thread you said you used to be a Bulls fan...
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to the squad bruh
  • south4life
    Options

Bruh you understand why your fan history is questionable right....I remember in the Heat thread you said you used to be a Bulls fan...

So I can't change teams because everybody here says so, I didn't change teams year after year.
    I was a Cowboys fan for a longtime before I became a Saints fan.
    And yes I was a Bulls fan and the reason I left them was how they did Phil, MJ and Scottie so, when Wade got drafted to The Heat I became of fan of them because I was a fan of Wade in college.
  • greenwood1921
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Having more than one favorite sports team in the same league is unacceptable, period.

Only time "multiple teams" is even remotely acceptable is...

1. You're a minor. (a child)

2. You've been a fan of the sport and the league long before you ever had a favorite team and even before your favorite team even existed. (i.e. I was a Shaq & Penny stan when I was a kid, I was a John Starks fan when I was a kid cause he's from my hood, and I went to several Hawks games back when the Thunder were the Seattle Sonics and the tickets were cheap and sometimes free, lol.)

3. If you actually attended a certain college but your favorite college team has always been and will be a different college. (i.e. I went to a HBCU, but OU has always been my squad. But if/when I hear about CAU doing anything good, I'm happy for'em.)

Those are the only acceptable scenarios I can think of.

• greenwood1921
    Options
    And you cool people too, South4life. smh.

You and Brent ? ' killing me today.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WR Tavon Austin in the first round

CB Banks it S Rambo in the 3rd

DE Edwards from LSU in the 4th