I see that the general consensus here is that T.I. > Luda, but could T.I ever hold his own like...

Options
international
international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
How Luda did on that made you look remix alongside Nasty Nas and Kiss?

I fail to believe so...and I disagree with the perceived general consensus on this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnJudnlcCKM

Btw, this thread was inspired by this video that was posted in that complex thread...

Comments

• international
    Options
    Skip to 5:30 for Luda's verse/ performance...
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe when it comes to albums and overall songs. but I've never seen anyone say TI was a better rapper than Luda. Look at their verses on Stomp for an example.

Luda laid his verse after hearing TI's....unfair advantage

• international
    Options
    My question stands, could T.I have ever HELD his own like Luda did on a track with Nas and Jada? Specially in those times, Nas fresh of ether and Jada killin features?...
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always perceived Luda as being a parody rapper and very good at what he does. Pure entertainment but T.I. content was more relative to reality and that registered best with me when the comparison is made between the 2.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    Maybe when it comes to albums and overall songs. but I've never seen anyone say TI was a better rapper than Luda. Look at their verses on Stomp for an example.

Luda laid his verse after hearing TI's....unfair advantage

So? Luda's delivery is what makes his verse better.

Eminem laid his verse before Jay-Z did on Renegades, yet a large amount of people say Em had the better verse.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I pick luda over ti any day but tip did him on swagger like us.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TI would have had a way better verse than that Siamese twins ? . Luda got outshined big time.

...Jada was ill as ? , and Nas was Nas.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.I. held his own on "Grand Finale" which featured Nas, Jadakiss, Bun B and Ice Cube. There's also "Topless" which also featured Nas. Not saying that T.I. had the best verse on either song, but he held his own.

On a technical level, Ludacris is a better MC, but T.I. makes better music. IMO, T.I. makes better songs and better albums. That's not a slight against Ludacris, because Luda's first three albums (especially Back For The First Time and Word of Mouf) are dope. Personally, I think Release Therapy also had some of his best work ("War With ? ", "Mouths To Feed", "Tell It Like It Is").
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Luda is the better rapper, but people gravitate towards T.I. because he's a "street ? ".
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Tip did well against jay on swagger like us
  • international
    edited April 2013
    Options
    SupremeXXV wrote: »
    I think Luda is the better rapper, but people gravitate towards T.I. because he's a "street ? ".

I think that's it...

And that Grand finale ? , wasn't as hype or as competitive nor did it carry the tension that 'Made you look' did, completely different ball game.
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Luda just lost touch.

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pick a up to date Luda verse
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listen to Grande Finale with T.I., Kiss and Nas

/thread
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Luda=Better MC
    T.I.=Better Artist
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Luda=Better MCT.I.=Better Artist

That all depends on if you like Luda cartoon rap lyrics..
    I prefer real life ? so T.I. edges him out in that too..

• international
    Options
    Y'all missing the point. Point is, T.I wouldn't have been able to have risen to the occasion to a song like Made You Look, specially with the east coast sound and presence so prominent on the track, Luda was able to step up to the occasion, T.I's style and capabilities would impede him from being able to perform at that kind of arena, he just ain't built like that as an mc.
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all missing the point. Point is, T.I wouldn't have been able to have risen to the occasion to a song like Made You Look, specially with the east coast sound and presence so prominent on the track, Luda was able to step up to the occasion, T.I's style and capabilities would impede him from being able to perform at that kind of arena, he just ain't built like that as an mc.

Why not tho? T.I. torched the track "Swagger Like Us" and although it's a different type of song, if he held his own with Wayne (pre-skateboard), Kanye, and Hov, I don't see why he couldn't have done the same thing on "Made You Look".

• international
    Options
    Swagger Like Us? lmaoo...smh@ comparing that ? to the grittiness of 'made you look' and everything else I said in that post.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lets not forget he recently held his own with 3 stacks, and he constantly puts out decent albums. no mercy is his worst and even it got a few bangers. luda jus always been too damn jokey to me. I try to listen to his albums and give him a chance. he got some good cuts like mouths to feed and last of a dying breed. but that's about it to me.