Your favorite team(s) greatest season

Options

Comments

• TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NY Yankees- 1927 and 1998

What was your fondest memory of that championship season?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

doesn't say anywhere that I have to name a season I lived for. 27 rivals 98 as the greatest years in Yankee history so I named both.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo mods do something bout my post....tried to space that ? out nothing happened.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Yo mods do something bout my post....tried to space that ? out nothing happened.
  • tha fury
    tha fury Members Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    00-01 pacers. Made it to the finals and then got sonned by the Lakers
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    2009-2010 New Orleans Saints

Ran thru them Failcons twice, flirted with perfection, Beat Kurt Warner, Favre, and P. Manning 3 of the alltime greats, on our way to a Superbowl victory.

Braves

No year really sticks out to me. Ashame we didn't get more championships though. Shoutout to Greg Maddux, Tom Glavin, and John Smoltz.

LSU

I liked Nick Saben championship with LSU, but the one Les Miles won was better cuz we beat OSU. I hate them ? .

2010-2011 team was beast mode on Defense, but Jordan Jefferson and Lee made me wanting to forget that season.

I can really just cosign this but I have to say the Braves championship season and the Red Sox comeback series against the Yankees. I worked with 5 yankees fans. I walk in with the "Now what ? " Look afterwards.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top Cat wrote: »
    2002 oakland raiders
    Man i was happy we made the playoffs
    ? was bandwagoning the silver and black
    Game got off to a good start
    Defense was played well by both
    Woodson got a pick then they answered back and we couldnt keep up anymore

2005 texas longhorns
    I was living in arizona at that time and was watching with nothing but usc dickriders
    They had us til they got to over confident
    Vince young on the run and bam champs

2012 thunder
    We got close but no cigar
    We hungry for that

What

You a Raiders fan?

? you ?
  • 1of1
    Options
    I just posted this in the NBA thread. I hope we're in the midst of our greatest season. The Nuggets have the potential to do major damage. Teams better be all the way on point this post season.

1of1 wrote: »
    This may be my favorite Nuggets team to date and I haven't even seen them work in the playoffs yet. They've never had such a high level of exuberance and confidence. Karl got these dudes on some other ? . The teams w/ Melo didn't have anywhere near the defensive intensity and all out ? IT just go attitude. That's not really an indictment on Melo, I actually was getting tired of Karl back then b/c he appeared to be nonchalant about lazy efforts and dumb mistakes. Karl's approach seems to be more focused and fitting for the roster now. Most teams are having to adjust to the Nuggets style of play, not the other way around.

A couple more wins and we'll have our best record since ABA days.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers 3peat era/ Kobe gettin his 1st without Shaq (personal fav)

San Diego Chargers going 13-3 about 3 years ago had to be the year I actually thought we had enough to get over the hill but we lost after having a 1st rd bye to the Mark Sanchez' led Jets
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Sixers: 82-83. Fo, fo, fo. Moses got prophet status (even tho it ended up being fo, fi, fo) for that ? . Doc finally got his NBA ring. What's not to love?

Phillies: I want to say '08. I do. But something tells me that the 1980 champs triumph that with one Michael Jack Schmidt running things. Cardiac kids almost ? that ring up, tho.

Eagles: 2004. McNuggets ? up in the Bowl, but that whole season, Eagles destroyed teams. With AND without T.O.

Del State: 2007. Went undefeated in our conference (the MEAC). Finally won the damn thing. Played U of Delaware for the first time ever. (Got smashed tho. I remember UD's QB being a guy name Joe "Sonny" Flacco. ? happened to that guy?)
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FSU Football - 1999 Peter Warrick was a beast

KU basketball - 2008

GB Packers - 2011

Houston Rockets 94-95 season, that playoff run was epic

ATL Braves- 95

Astros - 2005

Texans- this past season
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raiders-2002

That season was the last great season I experienced as a raider fan that offense was amazing but even though Gannon Rice and Brown where about 40 that year they still where balling we had a cool playoff run till he got slaughtred in the bowl... We will be back to playoff form soon... Rip Al Davis but he never believed in rebuilding which set us back... Reggie is getting this team back to normal.

Lakers-00-02 I would say 09 and 10 but in the early 00s the lakers 3peat was way more exciting and the ? Shaq and Kobe where doing was goat

Yankees-2009 that season feels a long time ago. It was good to see Arod get his first ring and Jeter get his 5th

Thought they would've made noise last post season but Robby Cano and Arod choked.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1976 Steelers

Coming off back to back super bowl victories,the Steelers were primed and ready for the 3peat. Well the super bowl hangover struck the team and the guys started 1-4. It got worse in week 5. The Browns and that ? ass Turkey Jones slammed Bradshaw on his head (cheap shot), and Bradshaw missed a few games bcuz of it.

What happened next goes down in NFL history.

Behind a dominant running game and even more dominant defense the Steelers won their next nine games in a row. You don't feel me when I say dominant? Franco Harris and Rocky Bleier both ran for 1000 plus when everybody knew they were gonna run.

You don't feel me when I say dominant? Lets talk about the defense. The defense was so dominant they only gave up 28 points during that nine game win streak, including 5 shutouts. The Oilers scored 16 of the 28 points themselves. ESPN.com named this defensive squad the best defensive team in history. (about the only time I agree with ESPN)

The playoffs came and The Steelers blew out the Colts, but Harris and Bleier both got hurt. Next came the hated Raiders in Oakland. The Raiders were just too much for the Steelers to overcome. Steelers lost 24-7 and the 3peat dream was gone.

The greatest team to not win a super bowl the '76 Steelers. Ask yo step-daddy bout 'em.

1976 tho?
    Now I see why you have that "OG" in your name
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    My chitown brethren already stating what i was gonna say..... ? the white sox.

You're young, you don't know any better
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Top Cat wrote: »
    2002 oakland raiders
    Man i was happy we made the playoffs
    ? was bandwagoning the silver and black
    Game got off to a good start
    Defense was played well by both
    Woodson got a pick then they answered back and we couldnt keep up anymore

2005 texas longhorns
    I was living in arizona at that time and was watching with nothing but usc dickriders
    They had us til they got to over confident
    Vince young on the run and bam champs

2012 thunder
    We got close but no cigar
    We hungry for that

What

You a Raiders fan?

? you ?

I see we go forever have problems
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J. Will wrote: »

KU basketball - 2008

GB Packers - 2011

ATL Braves- 95

Astros - 2005

Texans- this past season

6Wmxw.gif
  • 1of1
    Options
    Got damn J. Will. I had to scroll up to make sure that was really real.

ibmal4.jpg
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options

KU basketball - 2008

GB Packers - 2011

ATL Braves- 95

Astros - 2005

Texans- this past season

Gotdamn
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Will trollin he gotta be
  • TRILLip Brooks
    edited April 2013
    Options

doesn't say anywhere that I have to name a season I lived for. 27 rivals 98 as the greatest years in Yankee history so I named both.

I remembers whens us negroes couldn't play with Babe ruth and lou gehrig
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options

KU basketball - 2008

GB Packers - 2011

ATL Braves- 95

Astros - 2005

Texans- this past season

686.gif
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »

1976 tho?
    Now I see why you have that "OG" in your name

Hip Hop & working out keep me young.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I remembers whens us negroes couldn't play with Babe ruth and lou gehrig

true, someone(stephen a? or spike lee) brought up a point about how those numbers that ruth was putting up shouldn't be all that valid cause they didn't play against players like Jackie Robinson, satchel Paige etc. brings up a good discussion
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

KU basketball - 2008

GB Packers - 2011

ATL Braves- 95

Astros - 2005

Texans- this past season

686.gif

Ha, i mean the Texans only really had two "Good" seasons...it was either this past season or the one before last...

GB- i started to go with the 97 team...almost went 98...couldve went 07 (Favre's last season) but chose '11 their SB run was one of the best..but since you ? want greatest then 97 might be the one!