The rising counterculture of being an adult without kids.

Options

Comments

• taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Their are a lot of factors to
    taeboo wrote: »
    Pervis wrote: »
    it always makes me chuckle how it's only poor people who put having kids at the top of their priority list.

notice that rich people never even think about it. they'd never say it's what youre meant to do. they're too busy being successful and living it up. They have higher goals.

wanting to have kids and thinking it's an achievement is pure poor folk mentality. i guess some people just have no ambition in their lives.

You can't be serious...Marriage and children have been used as tools to gain power and wealth for centuries among the very rich.

Which wealthy people do you see without heirs?

Wealthy people seem to accomplish their goals...

George Clooney doesn't have kids

I was talking more about old money, but even among entertainers Clooney is the exception and not the rule...
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pervis wrote: »
    it always makes me chuckle how it's only poor people who put having kids at the top of their priority list.

notice that rich people never even think about it. they'd never say it's what youre meant to do. they're too busy being successful and living it up. They have higher goals.

wanting to have kids and thinking it's an achievement is pure poor folk mentality. i guess some people just have no ambition in their lives.

having kids for the sake of them is ? mentality. Straight up ignorance to put misery onto people's lives.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Im the youngest of four & the only one that don't have any kids. One of the only amongst my friends who don't have any kids & I seen how they have to adapt to the parent life. One of my home boys be cussing at his kids. Im like "bruh I understand whooping them with a belt but you ain't gotta cuss at a 9 year old".

I have too many goals to accomplish & too many area codes to explore to even be thinking about crafting a sequel.

I remember I use to work this job & mostly everybody was on child support. ? use to talk about how many boppers or had bad their boppers was but every pay day child support took 80% of their check. Nowadays it seem like most people use their kids for advertisement "I bought my lil boy them new J's, imma good mom", "My son is Polo down, #ProudMom#", "tru religion on my son everyday #ProudSingleMom#.

I hate when they say "Single life, don't have anyone for my own so I'll go cuddle with my child".

? @ every male at your job paying child support.
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    *reads through thread and sees a bunch of should's, ought to's, and feelings being thrown around*

Attempting to speak objectively, none of the things we care about has any purpose or value. Wealth? Legacy? Both are ultimately worthless, so everyone should live their lives as they see fit. Want to adhere to societal norms? Cool. Want to spit in the metaphorical face of those norms? Also cool.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Raise your hand if your parents planned to have you....

*raises hand*

Your point?
  • haute
    Options
    also reading this thread makes me realize how shallow some of you are, which makes me wonder why you would even want family at this point?

You really think there's only 2 realities? Family or partying

Good grief

Have you ever heard of purpose?
  • rockets
    rockets Members Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    also reading this thread makes me realize how shallow some of you are, which makes me wonder why you would even want family at this point?

Good grief

Chipping in the collection plate on Sundays and telling your nieces and nephews to not stick a fork in an Electrical socket isnt quite a "purpose", but I feel wat youre saying (somewhat)

[b]99% of people on Planet Earth aint gonna be ? in life.[/b] There's no reason to believe you're anyone special unless youre put in a situation where u r and its visible that wat u do helps ppl/really changes things. Thinking otherwise is selfish and unhumble and you'll be sure to find out later on in life (whenever that is) that thinking that is foolish and immature.

Im positive some ppl genuinely dont wanna be tied-down somehow. It still doesnt make them "right" even tho I wouldnt be mad at u for doing wat u do. Being a Doctor saving lives everyday is a great thing and definitely fullfilling. But wat does it really mean to have all of that joy and not share it with anybody and passing it along? You'll always have a replacement so its not they you're Special

I think u need to speak for yourself. I hope you don't share your logic with your children. Now THAT would be tragic.

Why is this an argument? Some want children others don't. Some want to travel the world, open businesses, charities , teach and inspire others, etc. Some want to do all that while having children, others don't want o be bothered. WTF does it matter?

You don't think ur children are going to be ? in life but you still had them, others don't see the point in having "ain't ? kids." Might as well not have them at all. Some people want to give their children the best in life (their opinion) so they wait till they are older. Some people just have children to care for them in old age, some actually just love kids. To each is own.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No man shouldn't be under any pressure of having kids. It's possible you can bag a hot young 20 year old something under the age of 50.

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm one of the Last Mohicans in this ? .
    I just turned 30 in March
    Married
    No Kids

Not that I never want to have kids, but I don't think I'm ready yet. I enjoy my free time way too much to be that reckless and just have a kid whether i'm 18 or 30, its all the same to me.
    My wife and I are both on the same page about children so its a beautiful thing.
    Every close friend from my childhood to my adult hood all have kids and I can only imagine what goes through there minds about us. Its hard out here for us too tho. We want to make plans with our friends to go out, but they have to get a baby sitter. Or they don't have the money. Its a struggle.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    if you dont want kids because you have goals, or are too young or not ready is one thing...

but for people who dont want kids because they are just selfish i never understood.

you are put here to pass grow, progress and pass along your knowledge and love so the next in your lineage can progress further.

too may people want to live it up and party without responsibility.

What? Says who?

human and animal alike are put her to evolve.

animals learn and adapt but they learn from instinct and being taught. the elders teach them to hunt so they can survive and they they their young to hunt to survive. Humans teach our young to survive.

why have all this knowledge and not spread it to someone you raised?
    why let someone else benefit, or why not let your bloodline benefit?

? , why not have a bloodline?

i know alot of chicks that wished they had kids...now that they are old an lonely or watching someone elses kids visit them on mothers day an ? .

i know alot of dude that wish they were better father...but none that wish they had kids...lol
    ? outta here bruh.

Not all members of a species reproduce; they weren't "put here" to do anything.

Biology wise he's right we are built to survive and reproduce and most things we do are sub consciously done to reproduce even if we don't know it

We like curvy bodied women because it means good fertility

men buy cars,houses,clothes to get women to have sex and make babies even if that's not what we think we're doing.

Women know they are here to have kids that's why they try to catch ? up
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Im the youngest of four & the only one that don't have any kids. One of the only amongst my friends who don't have any kids & I seen how they have to adapt to the parent life. One of my home boys be cussing at his kids. Im like "bruh I understand whooping them with a belt but you ain't gotta cuss at a 9 year old".

I have too many goals to accomplish & too many area codes to explore to even be thinking about crafting a sequel.

I remember I use to work this job & mostly everybody was on child support. ? use to talk about how many boppers or had bad their boppers was but every pay day child support took 80% of their check. Nowadays it seem like most people use their kids for advertisement "I bought my lil boy them new J's, imma good mom", "My son is Polo down, #ProudMom#", "tru religion on my son everyday #ProudSingleMom#.

I hate when they say "Single life, don't have anyone for my own so I'll go cuddle with my child".

ya man just angry he got kids....thats all
    an that cuddle with my child ? ....thats crazy. ? out here making a 9yr old man of the house.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited April 2013
    Options
    kids only slow you down when you allow it.

? , i still travel the world, opened businesses, working on a charity, and mentor every bluemoon and i have two kids, a wife and living better than 99% of the IC that don't have kids.

oh an plus i still go to clubs and hangout and an eat at not five star but michelin star restaurants.

and out of all that i can still find downtime.

I don't think people have problems with people not wanting kids...its the shallowness of it like another poster said makes it sound stupid.

if you want to hangout and have fun do it...but alot of yall dont want to be left behind. like your life has to stop or someshit.

its not the people with kids thats either or...its the shallow people(not all that dont want kids, just shallow) that dont want kids that make it either or.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I hate when people say if it wasn't for their kids, they wouldn't know what to do with their lives. Lol. They just admitted they're ? ups before their child was born. You're supposed to have your life together before a child birth, not after.

some people need a reason to live.

you'd be surprised how many people think like this but wont admit it
  • haute
    Options
    haute wrote: »

Good grief

Chipping in the collection plate on Sundays and telling your nieces and nephews to not stick a fork in an Electrical socket isnt quite a "purpose", but I feel wat youre saying (somewhat)

99% of people on Planet Earth aint gonna be ? in life. There's no reason to believe you're anyone special unless youre put in a situation where u r and its visible that wat u do helps ppl/really changes things. Thinking otherwise is selfish and unhumble and you'll be sure to find out later on in life (whenever that is) that thinking that is foolish and immature.

Im positive some ppl genuinely dont wanna be tied-down somehow. It still doesnt make them "right" even tho I wouldnt be mad at u for doing wat u do. Being a Doctor saving lives everyday is a great thing and definitely fullfilling. But wat does it really mean to have all of that joy and not share it with anybody and passing it along? You'll always have a replacement so its not they you're Special

thats a lot of words just to say

Yes I am that shallow

And I'm not knocking it

If that is your reality for self fulfillment do you

Just understand not everyone has those issues

Many people have lives that include other people

They do work great enough to leave a legacy beyond their off spring or lack there of

But that reality isn't for everyone

Some people need to believe that 99% of people ain't ? , for the sake of their own sanity

And that's ok

But recognize that, that's reality you choose for yourself

Nothing more or less
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    I was walking down the street and came across this monkey. I gave it a banana and it looked at me and wanted more and I was like no bad monkey. Than a gorilla came and told me to leave her baby alone and I was like ? you and pushed them into traffic and walked home. It was than I noticed they were wearing human clothing and we're just some ? .
  • J.Clinton
    J.Clinton Members Posts: 413 ✭✭✭
    Options
    kids only slow you down when you allow it.

? , i still travel the world, opened businesses, working on a charity, and mentor every bluemoon and i have two kids, a wife and living better than 99% of the IC that don't have kids.

oh an plus i still go to clubs and hangout and an eat at not five star but michelin star restaurants.

and out of all that i can still find downtime.

I don't think people have problems with people not wanting kids...its the shallowness of it like another poster said makes it sound stupid.

if you want to hangout and have fun do it...but alot of yall dont want to be left behind. like your life has to stop or someshit.

its not the people with kids thats either or...its the shallow people(not all that dont want kids, just shallow) that dont want kids that make it either or.

OK...u convinced me to have kids now

In YO ? MOUTH lol
  • hoezondeckcom
    hoezondeckcom Members Posts: 61
    Options
    ? we over here hustling
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Have a family if you want them or don't have kids. We have enough ? on this rock and not all your useless genes need to exist.
  • haute
    edited April 2013
    Options
    sooooo theres only 2 types of people? politicians, entertainers, surgeons

and then ratchets

real talk

please run, not walk, away from the hood

your vision is skewed

if you think the only thing you have to offer simply multiplying

its just sad like truly heartbreaking

like one poster said its a poor mans mentality
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    bruh. personally i dont give a ? if the next Individual has a kid or not. But i DO think its silly to think otherwise.

Becuz the REALITY IS, most if u ? aint travelin overseas opening charities, u probably dont even donate to tha Salvation Army (thats funny right?). U aint inspiring others, U dont travel the world, the furthest u've probably ever been is to Jamaica or the Bahammas.

I'll be honest. I'd rather have A loyal woman who ages quickly, a bad ass disrespectful seed (or seeds), with us surving off of the SNAP program to make ends meet. Than be 51 with NO family (becuz ur folks WILL grow apart from you, believe that), no mortgage, endless frequent flyer miles with Nowhere to go, and a brand new Dime Piece who's nastier than the last chick.

I know u probably wont understand this now, but always being the "3rd Wheel" is just as bad as being the homie with Genital Warts at a House Party with your homies. Everybody is on 1 page and youre on another page entirely by yourself.

I'm not holding my breath or expecting to be the next Multi-Millionaire/Billionaire so I'm not gonna gas myself up like I cant be touched or sct like I'm the only person with a dream and a hustle.

If you think ultimately family will grow apart why you so intent on telling others they should have one? Like you truly think if one of your kids didn't get married or have kids that their siblings would just be like "? them" and never speak to them? If you think that you passing on a messed up mentality
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    I'm only 26 43. ? a marriage/kid right now. Maybe in 9 or 10 years...maybe

Quoted and edited for emphasis.

• s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should be your motivation first then everyone else. You get no extra points for raising a child because that's what you should do but people don't. Me and my girl were established before we meet each other so that'll how it'll remain if we have children.
  • haute
    Options
    You should be your motivation first then everyone else. You get no extra points for raising a child because that's what you should do but people don't. Me and my girl were established before we meet each other so that'll how it'll remain if we have children.

DASSSS IT!!!!

You should be especially driven to have purpose when you have kids even more so than those who dont