The Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Finals (The 2013 NBA Champs The Miami Heat)

Options

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9165554/kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder-fined-25000-nba-menacing-gesture

NEW YORK -- The NBA has fined Oklahoma City star Kevin Durant $25,000 for making a "menacing gesture," when he pretended to slice his throat after throwing down a big dunk during the Thunder's victory against the Golden State Warriors on Thursday night.

The play that led to Durant's costly celebration occurred with about 1:45 left in the second quarter of Oklahoma City's 116-97 win at Golden State.

Thunder guard Russell Westbrook blocked Stephen Curry's layup, and Durant corralled the ball and went in for a soaring dunk at the other end of the court. He then made a throat-slashing gesture and crossed his hands in prayer.

"? 'em and pray for 'em after the game," Durant said.

"It's nothing against the team I'm playing against," Durant added. "Come out with a mindset and be friends after the game."

My nikka. smilie_durrant.png
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers can sign Captain Jack.....oh wait....damn
  • aka40Cal
    aka40Cal Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dwight isn't staying. Kobe is gone, he's pretty much playing with the Orlando Magic again (exception to Pau). Pringles man D'antoni ran this team into the ground. Somewhere Phil Jackson is laughin @ this clown. Laker organization should tank the season and go for Wiggans.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't be shocked at all if wiggins or parker was gift wrapped to the lakers summer '14 + they can sign some free agents

I wonder what dwight gonna do this summer
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't want that ? Parker he WILL be a bust
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Kamp123 wrote: »
    What kobe wrote on facebook

This is such BS! All the training and sacrifice just flew out the window with one step that I’ve done millions of times! The frustration is unbearable. The anger is rage. Why the hell did this happen ?!? Makes no damn sense. Now I’m supposed to come back from this and be the same player Or better at 35?!? How in the world am I supposed to do that??
    I have NO CLUE. Do I have the consistent will to overcome this thing? Maybe I should break out the rocking chair and reminisce on the career that
    was. Maybe this is how my book
    ends. Maybe Father Time has defeated me…Then again maybe not! It’s 3:30am, my foot feels like dead weight, my head is spinning from the pain meds and I’m wide awake. Forgive my Venting but what’s the purpose of social media if I won’t bring it to you Real No Image?? Feels good to vent, let it out. To feel as if THIS is the WORST thing EVER! Because After ALL the venting, a real perspective sets in. There are far greater issues/challenges in the world then a torn achilles. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, find the silver lining and get to work with the same belief, same drive and same conviction as ever.
    One day, the beginning of a new career journey will commence. Today is NOT that day.
    “If you see me in a fight with a bear, prey for the bear”. Ive always loved that quote. Thats “mamba mentality” we don’t quit, we don’t cower, we don’t run. We endure and conquer.
    I know it’s a long post but I’m Facebook Venting LOL. Maybe now I can actually get some sleep and be excited for surgery tomorrow. First step of a new challenge.
    Guess I will be Coach Vino the rest of this season. I have faith in my teammates. They will come thru.
    Thank you for all your prayers and support. Much Love Always.
    Mamba Out

Best publicist money can buy.

well its 25million times better than Terell Owens' publicist.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Damn at Kobe... i don't think he coming back.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let me know when yall done talking about this ?
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If steve nash was in the game this would have never happen
  • northside7
    Options
    Let me know when yall done talking about this ?

Stop catching feelings.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Even if Nash was playing this would have still happen. Kobe had all those injuries and still playing close to 40 minutes so it was only a matter of time until he got a serious one.
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    DaBull wrote: »

It's gonna be tough. This ain't like the Odom, Fisher, Bynum etc days where you know the Lakers could still plenty of games without Kobe.

Pau and Dwight better bring it in these next two games.

This roster is actually better than the lakers championship rosters. After Kobe, pau and Lamar, those Laker teams sucked.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's going to be interesting to see what the Lakers look like without Bean, Nash is going to have the ball in his hands more now and Dwight is going to be the focal point of the offense
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe is owed 30 mil next season
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In my time on the IC i done seen people mock ? , death, ? , pedophiles, suicide, and knee injuries...

Kobe get hurt n nggas ready to have a vigil...

• northside7
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    DaBull wrote: »

It's gonna be tough. This ain't like the Odom, Fisher, Bynum etc days where you know the Lakers could still plenty of games without Kobe.

Pau and Dwight better bring it in these next two games.

This roster is actually better than the lakers championship rosters. After Kobe, pau and Lamar, those Laker teams sucked.

Nope. You're forgetting about Bynum, Farmar, Fisher, Ariza, Brown and Vujacic.

A roster fighting for 8th is better than a roster that went to the Finals and had the number #1 seed? Cmon.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    In my time on the IC i done seen people mock ? , death, ? , pedophiles, suicide, and knee injuries...

Goat post.
  • northside7
    edited April 2013
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »

All the things you listed including Kobe are opened to being mocked. Feel free to do what you do.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    Kobe is owed 30 mil next season

Definitely not happening. That contract will be restructured after this.

No restructuring in basketball
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't no amnesty happening. If it comes down to it Kobe will play another year at vet minimum for owing Lakers back.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dwight Howard definitely dipping!
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hypothetically they can amnesty him now.. he sits out next year.. and resign him.. since you cant resign a player you amnesty until a year after the amnesty.

its not happening he wont be amnestied.