• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KRIT was trending in NY too
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    He should release that Good 2getha as a single. that's just my opinion.
    if promoted right anything can blow up but that is what Def Jam is for. they should get on they job.
    I guarantee that will do wonders for his popularity as far as the mainstream goes. it has a good summer feel to it.
    it's a better song than Wale's" Bad" to me.

I Agree.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i see serve this royalty and my trunk as singles, serve this royalty strike me as something that would be all on the radio in the 90s
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Talking about nothin could be a single too....he should throw a third verse on it, it's too short.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was hesitant to dl this ? cause honestly his previous projects didn't impress me.
    Listened to it over the weekend while driving long trips. I'm liking it thus far.
    Very dope project with quite a good replay value thus far

Meditate>>>>.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And to believe Cain was a step away from breaking his alcohol addiction until he heard meditate.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huge fan, but first listen...tape was very lackluster IMO. He wonder why he is not where K. DOT is. Dude gotta bring it harder next time. I really want him to be at the top.

And by the way Banana clip theory was meh. It had a great message but his writing could have been better excuted to make it special.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is so good for krit
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Worst out of his mix tape catalog. Krit gotta step it up.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Just finished listening to this. Great album, I can't even consider it a mixtape, it's dope. My favorite cuts were:

- WTF
    - Life is a Gamble
    - Meditate
    - Bigger Picture

Very well put together, crazy he gives this stuff away for free. Not complaining tho, I get mad at it but that's cuz I want to see him win and win big. Maybe it's cuz I don't see the "Bigger Picture" LOLOL.

I hope when he records his next album he tackles it with this same creativity & tenacity.

I hope he doesnt cause itll sound just like the rest of his projects and it wont be perceived well to the masses and it will once again flop. Take it to the next level KRIT.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    ok finallly took a attentive listen: its a typical high quality KRIT project, it shows traces of improved lyricism and branching out w/ features (Future, Trinidad James, 9th Wonder etc) but now dude is like 5 albums (free and commercial) in. He needs to step up more and diversify/grow
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the few criticisms I have about Krit is hooks, he needs help in that area IMO
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the few criticisms I have about Krit is hooks, he needs help in that area IMO
    Definitely. He just repeats that ? like Rick Ross on hold me back. I noticed how bad his hooks were when Live From The Underground came out
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really dont think Krit's sound is going to change too much.....he's pattering his sound after southern greats whos sound never changed....ugk, 8ball & mjg, dungeon family ect...ect.....Outkast switched up on the love below but their sound wasnt that different from southernplayalistic to stankonia or even Idlewild soundtrack. If it's not broke dont fix it...he's still a young dude....
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as I would like to see KRIT blow up, I'm happy that he's putting out quality music. His projects never disappoint me, so I'll continue to listen.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Just finished listening to this. Great album, I can't even consider it a mixtape, it's dope. My favorite cuts were:

- WTF
    - Life is a Gamble
    - Meditate
    - Bigger Picture

Very well put together, crazy he gives this stuff away for free. Not complaining tho, I get mad at it but that's cuz I want to see him win and win big. Maybe it's cuz I don't see the "Bigger Picture" LOLOL.

I hope when he records his next album he tackles it with this same creativity & tenacity.

I hope he doesnt cause itll sound just like the rest of his projects and it wont be perceived well to the masses and it will once again flop. Take it to the next level KRIT.

? trying to "take it to the next level" is how we get half the ? out there today. All because ? don't wanna stick with the formula that works. I would be more than content if KRIT and Kendrick continued to put out music on par with their most recent projects for the next decade.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    ^ exactly

if he gets better, awesome, but he already good enough for me
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    ^ exactly

but at what point do you get tired of the same stuff over and over again. KRIT gave us the same product 5 times already
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    ^ exactly

but at what point do you get tired of the same stuff over and over again. KRIT gave us the same product 5 times already

i think krit will grow lyrically and eventually start changing production up more often, like he alluded to in that video with mike will, and plus im not sure i can get tired of classic or near classic material anyway, i wouldnt necessarily consider the projects all the same, only thing im worried bout is him regressing which ion see happening for a while

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    its crazy some of us complain about artists only having hooks, krit provides content, production, passable lyrics and his only weakness is hooks, and some still say he needs to grow lol
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let homie grow organically, or he'll ? around and change his sound for masses