President Obama Addresses Jay-Z & Beyonce's Trip To Cuba

Options
TonyDubbz
TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in The Reason
Just droppin this ? here, mods can move it if they see fit.

600_1366218013_12e17225ba20e289cf234c6df1c4fdcc.jpg

President Obama distances himself from Jay-Z and Beyonce's trip to Cuba.

Jay-Z and Beyonce's trip to Cuba seems to have ruffled quite a few feathers. The trip was already receiving enough criticism, when Hova dropped a new track, "Open Letter," which insinuated that Jay had spoken with President Obama personally about his vacation. This received a response from a White House Press Secretary, who confirmed President Obama had nothing to do with the couple's trip, however, it seems that wasn't satisfying enough. Now, President Obama himself has addressed the couple's trip, and distanced himself from it.

Hov and Queen Bey took a vacation to Cuba to celebrate their anniversary, and the fall-out from it came in many different forms. There were anti-Castro advocates speaking out, as well as Republicans, including Senator Marco Rubio. Rubio released two statements concerning the trip, demanding an explanation from President Obama. While President Obama didn't exactly explain anything pertaining to the trip, he did answer a question about it, confirming the White House had no part in it.

President Obama said while on The Today Show, "I wasn't familiar that they were taking the trip. My understanding is, I think they went through a group that organizes these educational trips down to Cuba. This is not something the White House was involved with. We've got better things to do."

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/president-obama-addresses-jay-z-and-beyonce-s-trip-to-cuba-news.5296.html

Comments

• D_Rap_Scholar
    D_Rap_Scholar Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    So when it comes to inaugurations and ? , Obama doesn't mind hanging with Beyonce, but he doesn't wanna seem close to Jay-Z when chilling in Cuba?

Should I blame Castro for this? Or white people?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waits US Marine and Tomp posts...
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's kidna funny that jay got in good with a lot of people over the past decade, yet none of them are coming to his defense over this ?

it's not like he completely needs it, but ? even nas backed up gweneth paltrow last year

"it's cold out here when you by yourself ain't it?" - Andre 3k
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obama with the 1 line of ether, he really has been hanging with Jay.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is it a big deal ? Jay not the 1st to go to cuba. Its a damn song. Smh at this getting this much attention.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i've never been big on caping for Castro and acting like dude isn't a dictator but all these bitter-ass Cuban exiles need to sit down and chill w/ they constant whining and ? and wack-ass Pitbull protest songs every time a ? rock a Che shirt or smoke a Cuban cigar. ya'll singlehandedly got the U.S to keep up this stupid, outdated, unnecessary embargo for like 50 years now solely bcuz they want dem Florida votes, ? more yall want. i'm tired of you ? frontin' like Cuba is North Korea status and Castro is Darth Voldemort ? , shut the ? up~
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay gets computers the White House 'putin.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    waits US Marine and Tomp posts...

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    the fact that the POTUS is asked that is just........

Let me just say that this presidency has made not liking crackkas a lot easier
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "We got better things to do."

Translation: "Let that man live...This is some ignorant ? to discuss."

Politics is not one of Jay's strong points.
  • D_Rap_Scholar
    Options
    "We got better things to do."

Translation: "Let that man live...This is some ignorant ? to discuss."

Politics is not one of Jay's strong points.

I took it to mean "I don't mess with rappers like that...so don't get us mixed"
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    President came through and had his boy back..nh

Real ? ? ...

• D_Rap_Scholar
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I don't see why we should give OBama props for anything....all he's trying to do is protect himself and distance himself from Jay-Z. I don't blame him, the ? has lots of enemies and an image to protect, so he does what he has to do. But at the same time, if a rapper did this to another fellow rapper, and left him to hang dry, he would get called out as a phony.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he would of said anything other than that you can believe they would of jumped down his throat about it nh. Lol he had to distance himself from this ? right away

Obama said "chill, you gonna get me impeached"
    But you don't need this ? anyway
    Chill with me on the beach
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    i've never been big on caping for Castro and acting like dude isn't a dictator but all these bitter-ass Cuban exiles need to sit down and chill w/ they constant whining and ? and wack-ass Pitbull protest songs every time a ? rock a Che shirt or smoke a Cuban cigar. ya'll singlehandedly got the U.S to keep up this stupid, outdated, unnecessary embargo for like 50 years now solely bcuz they want dem Florida votes, ? more yall want. i'm tired of you ? frontin' like Cuba is North Korea status and Castro is Darth Voldemort ? , shut the ? up~

Word the whole Cuba beef was over sugar. It was still slavery before Castro. Majority of the Cuban population was better off after he came to power.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who cares, its a beautiful country, they can go on holiday where the fck they want... why does the media care??? and why the fck people are asking the president of america why a rapper and singer went there is fckn ridiculous, hes trying to run a country why should he even know let n lone care...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad he dismissed it, i don't even understand why this is an issue when terrorism and more important things are going on. America has ADHD!
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave

Speaks on him making several trips to Cuba and the misconception about Cuba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC6Z62W6mTw
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay gets computers the White House 'putin.

LOL