The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Henry deserves a strongest man title run; WWE title with no one being able to defeat him or knock him down.
  • VIBE
    Options
    As noted earlier, I spoke with ? Foley days after his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame. During the Hall of Fame ceremony, Foley noted how he had never pinned Chris Jericho. Jericho made his way onto the stage, and Foley dropped an elbow on him as CM Punk counted three. I asked Foley if there was anything that would bring him out of retirement, or if the bit with Jericho was his last "match."
    "Maybe if they had an old timer's battle royal at WrestleMania 40 [laughs]," Foley joked. "Yeah, I think that elbow is the last wrestling move that you will see me participate in."

I also asked Foley about the Rock suffering a torn abdominal muscle during his WrestleMania 29 match with John Cena, since Foley had also suffered that injury during a match in 1993. Foley noted that it was the most painful injury that he had ever suffered, and was impressed that The Rock was able to finish his match.

"I could barely move when it happened to me," Foley admitted. "I finished my match but I didn't have the pressure on me that he did to not only finish, but to have a main event match on the biggest show of the year. It's incredibly painful... I wasn't right for months, even years after that."

Bolder makes me think that Rocks injury is ? . ? has taken a ? load of bumps and this was the worst to him. I doubt Rocky has his pain tolerance.

Plus, I'm hearing that Rock and Vince aren't on speaking terms and that his matches planned with Brock have been put on hold.

I think he is legit upset with the company and Vince.
  • king mocha
    king mocha Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rumors have popped up about a potential Beth Phoenix sex tape floating around the internet. These rumors appear to be false. An adult video website has been using her name in the title of one of their videos. There are also edited photos of the former WWE Divas floating around as well that have contributed to the rumors picking up steam.
  • king mocha
    Options
    While there is a very good chance that we will see Chris Jericho on the next episode of Monday Night RAW, his availability for the rest of the year is more uncertain. The former WWE Heavyweight Champion is currently working on setting up a tour of the United States this summer. The band already has two shows booked in May, and they're hoping to extend that. Depending on how much they're booking, Jericho's availability to WWE could be severely limited.
  • king mocha
    Options
    There are talks backstage that WWE management wants to protect Ryback during his match against John Cena. According to sources, they don't want his limited ring skills to be exposed, so a gimmick match is being discussed. A tables match seems the likely choice, as WWE already had the two of them working that type of match on the current European tour.
  • king mocha
    Options
    WWE.com has an article posted where they explain why John Cena is the company's Superman. The article makes reference to the "SuperCena" nickname that he has garnered and suggests that Cena is Superman not because of his inability to lose, but because "Cena's creeds of 'hustle, loyalty and respect' and 'rise above hate' are synonymous with truth and justice."
  • king mocha
    Options
    Former WWE Superstar Carlito took a lighthearted jab at WWE World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler on Twitter Thursday over the one-time Wellness offender's physique. After revealing his goal to become "shredded" again following a muscle-gaining program, the 34-year-old jokingly said he'll look similar to the WWE Superstar, but with muscles.

"Bulking process is done! Now back to being shredded!" wrote Carlito. "Im gonna look like a dolph ziggler...well, if he had muscles!!"
  • king mocha
    Options
    In the latest WWE Magazine, there is a feature on the Undertaker. In the feature, Triple H showed his admiration for Undertaker, stating the following???

"He's the guy everyone looks to, because he's a leader from in-ring to backstage. ... He's what I aspire to be in the business."

* During the same feature, Ryback expressed interest in facing Undertaker at WrestleMania???

"For him to be able to last this long in a business where you see the roster changing every year, it's really amazing. I know it's one of my goals to step in the ring at WrestleMania with him someday. It didn't happen this year, but I'm hoping I'll be at the very top of that list next year."
  • king mocha
    Options
    WWE is currently looking for a "telenovela writer," as they want someone who can write specifically for the Latino market and demographic
  • king mocha
    Options
    AJ Lee spoke on her role as a manager instead of being an active wrestler. Here is what she had to say???

"I know what I can do in the ring, and I've been doing it for six years. I'm proud of my abilities, but I think that not everyone can have a personality people can relate to, or love, hate, or love to hate, and one of my role models is (Roddy) Piper, because of that."

* While discussing who he wished he could have wrestled in his career, William Regal brought up two names???

"I would've loved to wrestle Bret Hart, but I never got the chance. In this day and age, the only person I can think of is Antonio Cesaro."

* ? Foley says he still keeps in touch with Boy Meets World star Danielle Fishel. Foley added that he would like to reprise his role on the new Girl Meets World series.

• king mocha
    edited April 2013
    Options
    One of the reasons that Brock Lesnar is being used so soon after WrestleMania and that the Undertaker is working a match on RAW next week is because CM Punk won't be returning anytime soon and WWE feels that they need star power on TV.

The original plan for CM Punk was for him to address the crowd on the RAW after Wrestlemania 29. He would whine about his loss and then "walk out" on the company. WWE held Punk off of that show because officials felt that Punk would get a big reaction from the post-WrestleMania RAW crowd.

But there is more to the story. Punk was not happy with the verbiage that WWE wanted him to use, and didn't want to come off as a whiner. A few weeks ago, Punk had a big blow up with the WWE creative team, and it got to the point that he wanted to give his notice to the company. Punk eventually worked out his issues with WWE management, but it was decided then that he wouldn't work live events, instead just TV and WrestleMania 29.

With the knee injury and issues with creative, the decision was made to write Punk off of TV. While there is no set plan for Punk's return, word is that he won't be back until at least SummerSlam time.

• king mocha
    Options
    Arda Ocal (@arda_ocal) of the Baltimore Sun and Layfield Report (@layfieldreport) spoke with WWE Hall of Famer Sgt. Slaughter. Highlights include???

* Originally being cast in the new GI Joe films in the position that Bruce Willis eventually took and why it didn't work out.

* Before Jack Swagger took on a villainous character, Sarge reveals that he was going to be Swagger's manager as a hero and explains the scenario.

* Calling out to Alberto Del Rio and saying he can help on WWE TV. Sarge reveals he always has his gear packed and would be ready for an on camera role.

http://youtu.be/arnolcI6Slk
  • king mocha
    Options
    **SPOILER** Update On SD General Manager Role
    Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

WWE originally had plans to turn SmackDown general manager Booker T heel in the weeks following WrestleMania 29, but those plans have been scrapped.

It appears that the new direction will be to turn Teddy Long heel, and then he will become the new general manager of SmackDown.
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is carlito ever coming back ?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    king mocha wrote: »
    Former WWE Superstar Carlito took a lighthearted jab at WWE World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler on Twitter Thursday over the one-time Wellness offender's physique. After revealing his goal to become "shredded" again following a muscle-gaining program, the 34-year-old jokingly said he'll look similar to the WWE Superstar, but with muscles.

"Bulking process is done! Now back to being shredded!" wrote Carlito. "Im gonna look like a dolph ziggler...well, if he had muscles!!"
    Let me guess that ? is still scared to @ people on twitter he a ? ? ......? !
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    king mocha wrote: »
    Arda Ocal (@arda_ocal) of the Baltimore Sun and Layfield Report (@layfieldreport) spoke with WWE Hall of Famer Sgt. Slaughter. Highlights include???

* Originally being cast in the new GI Joe films in the position that Bruce Willis eventually took and why it didn't work out.

* Before Jack Swagger took on a villainous character, Sarge reveals that he was going to be Swagger's manager as a hero and explains the scenario.

* Calling out to Alberto Del Rio and saying he can help on WWE TV. Sarge reveals he always has his gear packed and would be ready for an on camera role.

http://youtu.be/arnolcI6Slk

yeah right
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As noted earlier, CM Punk is currently taking some time off to address several injuries, as well as to allow his knee proper time to heal. Earlier reports suggest that Punk may be off until SummerSlam season, however WWE is advertising Punk for several events this summer.

WWE removed Punk from all Raw tapings through May 13th but is scheduled to appear at the May 13th Raw taping, and most of the following Raw tapings throughout the summer. Also, while Punk is not listed for the Extreme Rules pay-per-view on May 19th, he is appearing on the event screens on WWE.com for the Payback, Money In The Bank and SummerSlam pay-per-views.

Punk has also been removed from most Raw house shows. However, he is advertised for the Raw overseas tour in Japan and Australia in early July.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh @ them having to protect ryback, just....smh
  • VIBE
    Options
    WWE was originally under the impression The Rock would be wrestling at Extreme Rules next month. However, we’re told the relationship between the two parties began souring just days before Wrestlemania 29.

According to a source that spoke with me under the condition of anonymity, things began to break down on Friday, April 5, 2013. The Rock reportedly told WWE in no uncertain terms that he would not be wrestling at the pay-per-view next month. The company had been leaning towards a triple threat match for the WWE title at Extreme Rules involving Rock, John Cena and CM Punk. The finish would be Rock getting pinned by Cena as the company didn't want a situation that saw Punk going under on pay-per-view four months in a row.

Apparently The Rock objected to going under two months in a row (as he’d already signed off on going under to John Cena at Wrestlemania) and asked for things to be wrapped up in the Wrestlemania main event.

We’re told WWE began scrambling and not having The Rock for Extreme Rules had a domino effect. At the time, Ryback was scheduled to go over Mark Henry at Wrestlemania but it was decided that Henry would be challenging Cena for the title at Extreme Rules. This scheduled Ryback for the job at Wrestlemania.

Ryback was reportedly “very upset” about the new finish, especially when initial Wrestlemania plans had him winning the World Heavyweight Championship. Henry was another interesting case as he was refusing to return at all until he was assured prominent booking of his character.

Between last Friday and Monday, it was decided that Cena vs. Henry might not be strong enough to headline Extreme Rules and plans changed to do a triple threat match like originally scheduled. Except now, the match would be Cena vs. Henry vs. Ryback for the WWE title instead of Cena vs. Rock vs. Punk.

With The Rock out of the pay-per-view plans, WWE was urging him to shoot an angle on Raw the night after Wrestlemania to explain his absence. One idea pitched was for Brock Lesnar to lay him out and plant the seed for a future match between the two, possibly at Wrestlemania ? next year. Sources close to Rock feel he isn’t completely sold on working Lesnar, feeling that match lost some of its luster when both were booked under this year. Instead, Rock wants to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania ? and feels it’s the biggest match that can be done.

This is where the accusations begin. There are some in the company that have questioned Rock’s injury, saying he skipped out on Raw because he didn't want to get locked into a program with Lesnar. There is no way of knowing for sure and we are operating under the assumption The Rock was injured at Wrestlemania 29, but the fact the two sides were at odds just days before Wrestlemania 29 got people talking.

From what we’ve heard, part of the issue is that when The Rock originally came back [to WWE], he dealt exclusively with Vince McMahon to work out his deal and Vince basically gave him everything he wanted. Recently, Triple H has started to get involved and Rock doesn't trust Hunter like he trusts Vince. The Rock and Triple H have had an “uneasy relationship” going all the way back to the 90s and The Rock is well aware Triple H has buried him behind-the-scenes whenever possible over the years.

There are now concerns The Rock may not come back to WWE at all, although most feel cooler heads will prevail in plenty of time to spare before the build to Wrestlemania ? begins. However, The Rock has an easy out, as film studios get very nervous whenever Rock wrestles as shooting schedules are seriously jeopardized by injury.

Source: WrestlingNewsWorld.com.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    carlito talks alot of ? ...he sounds like scorned ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good for henry refusing to return unless his character was decent, cuz hall of pain is hall of fame worthy, b4 that, he was wack as hell
  • lookdude
    Options
    punk pipin' lita?

tumblr_mllaeu4vtP1r8g759o1_500.jpg
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    probably is...cm then ran thru about 4 of them dingy diva broads and litas a well known hoe...If he is thought I dont know why he would show up in public with her...give that hoe the tiger woods treatment
  • VIBE
    Options
    He's been with Lita for a while.
  • lookdude
    Options
    of all the divas though

she ain't got no ass