Legend, Overrated, or GOAT Vol. 2: Jay-Z

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited April 2013 in The Reason

Legend, Overrated, or GOAT Vol. 2: Jay-Z 154 votes

Legend (Place in Hip Hop Undeniable)
31%
Bender Rodrigueztb_eternal soldierninetiesgnsnawledge_godplaymaker88dbrazil412the ghostrip.dillajust.might.b.okqawshungman82blackstarrilledoutesco sopranoCJgreatgodmannohiphop1t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 49 votes
Overrated (Never was into the artist like that)
13%
marc123dondinillerthekidsniff-n-wesumking hassanawwwwwwwwwwwKwan DaiReppinTimeThe Lonious Monkgrumpy_new_yorkerBodhiKLICHENothingButTheTruth[Deleted User]aladdin1978CottonCitySlimSoloman_The_WiseDR. JEKUrbanScribetwatgetta 21 votes
GOAT (Not only a legend in the game, but one of the best to ever do it hands down)
51%
a_listthedesolateonebuttuh_bocelotsouthsil4lil1of1bull6599ex-soldierS2Jalmighty breeze5th Letterinfamous114usmarin3soul rattlerjoeyfkncrakkdouble0sugenex ginscog81obnoxiouslyfreshthe_focused_one 80 votes
Undecided
2%
clairvoyanceAristo_V300CashmoneyDuxAggieLean. 4 votes

Comments

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT (Not only a legend in the game, but one of the best to ever do it hands down)
    one of the best
  • ILL_Anvers
    ILL_Anvers Members Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable doubt, The blueprint and The black album >>>>>
    Wouldn't call him GOAT, he's still a legend tho'.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    where is the overrated but still is a legend option?

Hit legend. Overrated is basically non legend to wack opinion of him . Enjoy.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this should be good
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There will never be another one like him in a long time.
    "Seven straight summers,Critics might not admit it but nobody in rap did it quite like I did it,if you did I done it before, you get it I had it got mad at it and don't want it no more" Jay-Z
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Inb4 somebody comes in here crying that Nas is better even though the GOAT option says "ONE of the best to ever do it".
  • blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay- Z up there with the best no doubt
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could have just tapped Legend since I grew more and more disappointed with the amount of "borrowing" Jay does but I can't discount all the nice things he (hopefully) came up with on his own. It's just too much. It's just different.
  • Dope Era
    Dope Era Members Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT
  • killaguwop
    killaguwop Members Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he doesn't have any wack albums except vol 2 and bp3 but he has trash songs in mostly all his albums except the blueprint it was all bangin.his trash songs are of course the bubble gum pop ones
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the best. Denying it would be living in denial. The option "Legend" as given here in this thread would better describe someone like Snoop
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    where is the overrated but still is a legend option?

Hit legend. Overrated is basically non legend to wack opinion of him . Enjoy.

no.... he is overrated but he has ha d a legendary career esp success and money wise. He is not the GOAT as folk claim which is overrated
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His actions speak louder than his bars. If Jay Z isn't a GOAT or a rap legend then no one is.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Made the wrong choice meant to pick GOAT
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Overrated (Never was into the artist like that)
    He's good, but not great. I don't care about who anyone's married to or how many records they sold, I'm on some strict skill ? .

Back in the day he would have been a legend, but he's ? up his average. Instead of playing for the Wizards for 2 years, he's on his 7th year, and sooner or later what he did in the past will be heavily tainted with the ? .
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Legend.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My niccas look at the albums and there comparable to any goat . Is he the #1 goat nah but top 5. Over the last couple of years he hasn't been the same but 4-5 timeless albums he has
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Jay Z is in my top 5 and he's one of the best to ever do it.
  • niggasthesedays
    niggasthesedays Members Posts: 244 ✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    one of the best
  • FunkyJ
    FunkyJ Members Posts: 185 ✭✭
    Options
    I don't think he is the best to ever do it, but he is right up there.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is the Legend option > GOAT?
    Because thats what i'm going for....
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Jay gotta be one of the GOATs. One of the most skillful, popular, and 2 decades of maintaining both. He can still put out a solid album and do numbers with it. Plus he snagged Beyonce which is +10 points.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Is the Legend option > GOAT?
    Because thats what i'm going for....
    GOAT > Legend