Legend, Overrated, or GOAT Vol. 3: Nas

Options

Comments

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Legend (Place in Hip Hop Undeniable)
    Nah, Nas' beats selection is solid to me.

I dunno what ? are talking about when they say this.
  • Neva_Change
    Neva_Change Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Definite legend and one of the greats. No doubt. I'm not really a nas fan... but any artist who survives two decades in any genre gets my respect.
  • D_Rap_Scholar
    D_Rap_Scholar Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT (Not only a legend in the game, but one of the best to ever do it hands down)
    ohhhla wrote: »

My favorite Nas' songs aren't even the originals, but remixes by other producers....that should tell you something lol
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »

My favorite Nas' songs aren't even the originals, but remixes by other producers....that should tell you something lol

Damn.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Hip Hop is Dead got some of Nas best beats of the 00's.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT (Not only a legend in the game, but one of the best to ever do it hands down)
    For anyone to question the GOAT status of such a rapper raises the question. "Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?"
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Top 2 or 3 depending how im feelin
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    #1 on my personal list.

#2-4 on the universal list, depending who you're asking and much they value B.I.G. and Jay.
  • Igot5onit
    Igot5onit Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gawd Mc
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    The only Nas album imo where the beats were average at best was Street Disciple. That album was for the ? Nas fans that are willing to look past his beats. A casual fan would be turned off by that album due to the slow beats. His other albums are fine to me his beat selection gets overblown too much.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac, Nas, and Jay are the three greatest to touch the mic imo. Not in that specific order either!
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he the number 1 in my top 5
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas is top 5 easily... and he's still putting heat out
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only one that can compete with esco bars is jigga. Excluding nobody !
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I could recast my vote I would, Nas is a GOAT.
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    legend..but not goat
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    legend..but not goat

I see what your doing ? .... I don't like it.

Carry on
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is he the best to ever do it when he can't make a good club record? Oochie Wally and Owe Me were hot because of the other ? on the song.
  • D_Rap_Scholar
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    The only Nas album imo where the beats were average at best was Street Disciple. That album was for the ? Nas fans that are willing to look past his beats. A casual fan would be turned off by that album due to the slow beats. His other albums are fine to me his beat selection gets overblown too much.

I dunno man, I've never really been that impressed by his beat selection. It doesn't mean that his music is whack, but I feel like it kinda limits the replay value of his songs...just a bit.
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is he the best to ever do it when he can't make a good club record? Oochie Wally and Owe Me were hot because of the other ? on the song.
    I think that was Nas at his worst but I agree he can't make all types of songs

• Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas is the GOAT but Rakim is the ? of this rap ?

kanye_shrug.png
  • D_Rap_Scholar
    edited April 2013
    Options
    John Rue wrote: »
    Nas is the GOAT but Rakim is the ? of this rap ?

kanye_shrug.png

lol, I guess that would make Nas ? 's Son..right?

Rakim might've laid the foundations, but Nas is carrying the Cross homeboy.

Rakim is the ? up in hip hop heaven, who's legend is already sealed and complete. While Nas is still putting in his work.....still being trashed by mortals.....still taking shots for hip hop.

Rakim's greatest accomplishments are from a fabled age long ago (the Old Testament) while Nas made his appearance in a more recent era, one in desperate need of a Savior (New Testament) and we are still waiting for the King to return, and deliver his best work (The Second Coming)

The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. - John 3:35

lmao hip hop theology 101, for real
  • jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hit the wrong option..NAS is definitely one of the greatest to ever touch the mic
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Number 2 on my top 5.. number 1 lyricist
  • D_Rap_Scholar
    Options

By your logic, that would make Lil John GOAT, right?