Half of New York City is Poor

Options

Comments

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If that's the case why so many new yorkers moving down south?
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doubletee wrote: »
    willhustle wrote: »
    Half of America is poor if not most. People are living from paycheck to paycheck every week.

Speak for yourself ? .

My ? when you have no job growth in this economy or very little of it and people continue to lose their job across the country ? ain't looking sweet. Now if you gettinf paid like that hats off to you.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    i didn't read the thread, but i assumed that feelings were caught and yet another NY vs South thread ensued. and really is this a surprise? Poverty in an American city? woah-o.gif

(EDIT)
    someone said better food in the south? lololololololololoooooooooooooooooolololololololololol no sion
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By: Max Rivlin-Nadler

In a study that surprises almost no one, the Bloomberg administration has found that half of New York City residents are "poor" or "near-poor" meaning that they were "making less than 150 percent of the poverty threshold." This is a small rise in the amount of poor from 2009, when the recession officially ended. But as New York City has made abundantly clear, the recovery has not been shared by all (or even many).

The city, in its analysis, recommended against cutbacks to vital public assistance programs, like tax credits and food stamps. These programs are having their budgets cut at the federal and state level, as Washington, and Mayor Bloomberg himself endorses austerity measures in the face of a still-sluggish economy.

"Coinciding with the end of the slump in the job market is the end of the recession-related expansion of the safety net," the report states.

Manhattan has become richer while boroughs where development money and attention hasn't been given, like Queens, are now poorer. The Bronx has remained just as poor as it has always been.

While recent measures in New York City like raising the minimum wage and granting workers paid sick days have helped poor New Yorkers (both measures were opposed by Mayor Bloomberg), Nancy Rankin, an advocate on behalf of the poor, reports that "missing rungs in the ladder make it really hard to climb out of poverty," and cutbacks in aid will make matters even worse.

Probably why so many NYers move down south.

? 's expensive as ? up there.

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of my family live in NY and Up North.

They're not broke. A lot of RN, Doctors, Engineers and etc.
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shittt My Family Moved to the Poconos. Went from paying 1200 Rent in the projects to 1300 Mortgage for a 4 bedroom . ? Living in NY, Its a place to visit & Maybe work if you feel like commuting.

SN, New York ? are the GOAT hustlas and thieves. Its Like Meek said, "If I Ever Go Broke, Ima Take Yo Money"
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its mostly because of the weather like Florida with it being basically spring and summer all year round.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Its mostly because of the weather like Florida with it being basically spring and summer all year round.

Sure...
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Nope, cuz yall bums cant afford college in your own region. Talking about yall love the southern college experience, lmao lying ass ?

Whose is this "yall" you keep talking about.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    You even got new yorkers shittin on new york...with their ? weather,polluted air, and 23 floor project buildings...catch me down here with the women,weed,weather, and food.
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Location, location location is all that matters. If u can afford it, why not but if your smart, u would live within your means. If you cant, relocation should be your next resort to avoid stress but that depends on the persons situation.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NYC smells like a public restroom. Outdoors ? . WTF?
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    So we're all in agreement that NYC is a ? place to live.

Because of the people. New Yorkers think their ? dont stink. ? 'em.

tumblr_m94t4sTfcB1rqdit9o1_400.gif

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao at pac being from new york
  • gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmfao at this whole thread. Some of the ? said here is truly hilarious.
    Some of the ? is true, most is blown outta proportion. Just went to my friends get together on Saturday. Beautiful brownstone in Harlem, was about thirty people in the house and backyard. Everyone there was professionals and living good. With that said, "if" we were all down south making the money we make up here, ? would of course be different. Yet I have family and friends down south from the Carolinas to Florida and save one or two, they are not doing better than me or my friends that are well off.
    Other than some of the fronting ass dummies up here that are flat broke, but buying ? they don't need and can't afford just to empress nobody, up here is great and nowhere close to the ? being spewed. But it is hilarious. Hopefully it continues, you muhfukaz are funny.

I can't see me ? on anywhere I haven't live for at least half a decade, but I can't see living anywhere other than NYC. ? , I don't even wanna move to other boroughs the city is so convenient. Even parking, besides midtown, is not as bad as people make it seem.

Slight titangraph of a new yorkers two pennies
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope ? focus on their own finances & living situation before ....

? it, it's the IC. carry on.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? in here talking about the south has better food are liars that slave food called soul food African Americans eat is trash. Notice it takes a whole region to match up to nyc because the individual cities of the south are inferior