Legend, Overrated, or GOAT Vol. 3: Nas

Options

Comments

• cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT (Not only a legend in the game, but one of the best to ever do it hands down)
    One of the best ever.

• idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT (Not only a legend in the game, but one of the best to ever do it hands down)
    Can birds fly?

Do dogs have tails?

• nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Undisputed GOAT IMO
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Legend (Place in Hip Hop Undeniable)
    Wow... Stupid screen load made me pick the wrong one. GOAT of course was my real vote. SMH...
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    The only Nas album imo where the beats were average at best was Street Disciple. That album was for the ? Nas fans that are willing to look past his beats. A casual fan would be turned off by that album due to the slow beats. His other albums are fine to me his beat selection gets overblown too much.

I dunno man, I've never really been impressed by his beat selection. It doesn't mean that his music is whack, but I feel like it kinda limits the replay value of his songs...just a bit.

That kinda stuff is subjective anyway.

You've never wished Nas could spit over better-sounding beats? Not ever?

Someone once asked Nas what was his favorite cut out of his catalog....and you know what song he chose.... STAR WARS. That's right, a song that has him rapping over lasers and video game sounds...lol ? likes rapping over weird beats for some reason haha

EDIT: I'm only half serious by the way....cause I still ? with Star Wars....Nas goes hard on this joint.

I would like to see that interview, star wars in an underrated gem in Nas' catalog
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is*
  • Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Overrated (Never was into the artist like that)
    One dope album every 10 year average and s/o to Kelis she tricked the sucka. The sucka can rap but he just a ? ? with lyrics.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas has hundreds of dope verses. He's a poet. He writes stories, real ? , thoughtful ? , edgy ? , GOAT ? . He has some integrity. His flow is his own. He's murdered countless features. When he woke up early on his born day at 20 and the essence of adolescence left his body he was already better than 98% of rappers.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT, da fact dat he's been in da game ova 20 years nd is still sharp lyrically means a lot huge Nas fan only thing wrong wit him is sometimes he has ? beat selection
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marvin Gaye of this rap ? .
  • jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    How is he the best to ever do it when he can't make a good club record? Oochie Wally and Owe Me were hot because of the other ? on the song.

By your logic, that would make Lil John GOAT, right?
    ? I'm talking about versatility. Out of all of the GOAT's, Nas is one of the only ones that hasn't pulled off a club hit where he wasn't carried by somebody else.

And it would be one thing if he never attempted to like KRS-One or Rakim, but he tried multiple times.

Huh?? Are u sure about my dude?? How about Made You Look?? Nastradamus?? (Dont kid yourselves Nastradamus was a club record that got big play) What about Got yourself a Gun?? Nas got some club bangers where he didnt need help from someone else. It's just that he doesnt make as much club bangers as someone like Jay-Z. Nas is definitely one of if not the most versatile MC in the game and I dont think its debatable, but thats just my humble opinion!!
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One dope album every 10 year average and s/o to Kelis she tricked the sucka. The sucka can rap but he just a ? ? with lyrics.

This guy is like a less educated incoherent version of tomp that hates on nas
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I dont even like the ? but he is a top 5 lyricist all time and he has multiple classic albums. and his post prime era still has good albums, meanwhile Jigger has NONE post 2003 except maybe american gangster. Thats 10 years of trash from Jigger. The poll speaks for itself, 4 people said Nas is overrated, like 20 said Jigger was in his thread. Nas is top 5 all time with ? marketing, Jigger is top 15 all time with Nike marketing.
  • ILL_Anvers
    ILL_Anvers Members Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options
    How can he not be the GOAT?
    Listen to this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUwJ8WcZ6RY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doNrhCGGDW0

I could go on and on and on
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The only Nas album imo where the beats were average at best was Street Disciple. That album was for the ? Nas fans that are willing to look past his beats. A casual fan would be turned off by that album due to the slow beats. His other albums are fine to me his beat selection gets overblown too much.

I dunno man, I've never really been impressed by his beat selection. It doesn't mean that his music is whack, but I feel like it kinda limits the replay value of his songs...just a bit.

That kinda stuff is subjective anyway.

You've never wished Nas could spit over better-sounding beats? Not ever?

Someone once asked Nas what was his favorite cut was out of his catalog....and you know what song he chose.... STAR WARS. That's right, a song that has him rapping over lasers and video game sounds...lol ? likes rapping over weird beats for some reason.

That never crossed my mind because I liked his beats for the most part.

your the same person that said the standardized slaughter beat grew on you after awhile..proving once and for all u and nas have the worst taste in beats ever

• killaguwop
    killaguwop Members Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

illmatic>reasonable doubt
    it was written>vol1
    i am > vol2
    nastradamus>vol 3
    qb>roc la familia
    ? 's son>blueprint
    SD>the black album
    HHID>KG
    ? >AG
    distant relatives>watch the throne as a collabo album
    what's left oh bp3 ? life is good

• killaguwop
    killaguwop Members Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jigga and pac warriors keep's going the ? route on criticising the ? based on his personal life.
  • Big James
    Big James Members Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? must have amnesia because I remember CLEARLY. Made you Look was a smash hit. That ? was everywhere.
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT candidate, no questions asked
  • blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Distant Relatives >>> Watch The Throne

And that ? ain't even close
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    Distant Relatives being better than watch the throne is opinion.
    I like like 4 songs on that album
    WTT>>>>
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's not forget that Men In Back, which Nas wrote, was a MASSIVE hit around the world. So anyone who says Nas can't make commercial records is an idiot