Legend, Overrated, or GOAT Vol. 3: Nas

Options
12346»

Comments

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT (Not only a legend in the game, but one of the best to ever do it hands down)
    ohhhla wrote: »
    I felt he can do no wrong until '08.

Mind you, Untitled is ? and a great album so that's not it.
    If you ? with Untitled, then what do you mean by the bolded?.. and that's the best Rap album of 2008 imo..
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Legend (Place in Hip Hop Undeniable)

If you ? with Untitled, then what do you mean by the bolded?.. and that's the best Rap album of 2008 imo..

The song Hero was ? awful but that Album was fire.

One song isn't alone to destroy a great album.
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    GOAT (Not only a legend in the game, but one of the best to ever do it hands down)

Make the World Go Round stuck out like a sore thumb on Untitled, and Hero fit Untitled a lot better imo..

And gotdamn, you ain't hear a Nas song you didn't like until 2008?.. you must have skipped Street's Disciple, lol..
  • D_Rap_Scholar
    D_Rap_Scholar Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^Hero and Make the World Go Around are two of my favorite tracks from Untitled...to each his own tho

Carry on....
  • ohhhla
    Options

Make the World Go Round stuck out like a sore thumb on Untitled, and Hero fit Untitled a lot better imo..

And gotdamn, you ain't hear a Nas song you didn't like until 2008?.. you must have skipped Street's Disciple, lol..

I love Street's Disciple.

I used to think Nas had like 7 classics.

SD included.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay has been carried by features his entire career moreso than any other artist ever including Annie so please don't bring him into the argument.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, "War" is like a preview of Life Is Good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzKuaXYvFsU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I've been wanting a full instrumental of that beat that comes on in the end with Olu Dara talking ever since I heard it.

Yo if Nas and Common do an album together they each gotta get their pops to say something or play something on there.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you don't ? with "the Don"? I like esco let's go also. and oh my ? I hate make the world go round. ? that song
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's a legend in my book. One of the dopest and he's still dropping quality albums. To tell you the truth I never heard him spit a wack verse or even a wack line. His wackest albums is still doper than the best albums of some.

Guess this is just me but for some reason some of his work has always been kinda boring to me. Like I can listen to certain cuts but when he starts to rap about that weedhead sh*t he loses me. Another thing is in interviews he sometimes comes off as a weedhead, but that has nothing to do with his status as an emcee or his skillset.
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    Now that I think about it.. Nas once shunned the GOAT title in an interview a few years ago.. I'm gonna try and find it..
  • killaguwop
    killaguwop Members Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    He's a legend in my book. One of the dopest and he's still dropping quality albums. To tell you the truth I never heard him spit a wack verse or even a wack line. His wackest albums is still doper than the best albums of some.

Guess this is just me but for some reason some of his work has always been kinda boring to me. Like I can listen to certain cuts but when he starts to rap about that weedhead sh*t he loses me. Another thing is in interviews he sometimes comes off as a weedhead, but that has nothing to do with his status as an emcee or his skillset.

can u define weedhead ? please?
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

I agree from a Hip Hop perspective Nas is the G.O.A.T.

That's all that matters

Rakim can't/doesn't make club bangers either. You know why? That's not his lane.
  • ohhhla
    Options

I agree from a Hip Hop perspective Nas is the G.O.A.T.

That's all that matters

Rakim can't/doesn't make club bangers either. You know why? That's not his lane.

Because Hip Hop isn't underground anymore.

You 'heads' need to take that into consideration.