The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they showin another money may documentary on cbs tomorrow. from the trailer it looks like it's gonna be better than all access or 30 days in may but see for yourself:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecugQFchx_g

Smh, that LL track is ? horrendous.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is a reason why al haymon stay behind the scenes
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    I been thinking if floyd and canelo ever fought each other, floyd would get robbed. I know floyd is a cash cow but oscar would love for canelo to get the victory over floyd.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Art-illery wrote: »
    good video Art but it aint just Oscar... Arum do it too now with that said.... the way they treated Zab and Trout last week is exactly what dude in the video talking bout.

It's the whole boxing game... It's interesting, because the Rigondeaux/Donaire fight reminded me of something. The same accusations of Rigondeaux's style of boxing reminded me of the way that the white press used to criticize Jack Johnson's defensive style of boxing back in the day (boring, cowardly). But if a Filipino or Mexican fighter fought the way that Rigondeaux did, he would be labeled as a prodigy or a genius. They would've promoted him as the "boxer whose boxing I.Q. being higher than Mayweather's." They can promote Rigo the same way, but they don't want to. The subtle prejudice is undercover, but it's there. Look at the Olympics.... When women's boxing was being promoted, they were promoting the ? out of that one Mexican chick from Houston, Marlen Esparza; but when a 17 year old Black girl from Michigan wins GOLD for the U.S., they don't say ? else about women's boxing from the Olympics... The Mexican chick gets the endorsement deals, but the black teenager hardly ever gets mentioned...

They hate on our style and want every one to brawl. If Mayweather was white or hispanic they would love him. My main irk is that they make the black fighters fight each other and hold them to higher expectations while the lesser skilled Mexicans get all the hype. Broner got hated on for not fighting "the best" and the only way he can get props is to move up weight classes....cuz its expected for ? fighters cuz of the boxing ability and skillset.... yet at those same weight classes their are mexican fighters who can camp out there and be champs and comp is never brought up.... they love Morrales /Barerra/JMM/Prince Hamed right? but no one evea talks about how when Mayweather was at 130 he wanted all of those guys and none wanted it cuz they knew.... yet Floyds comp always gets brought up. the fact Canelo and GGG is getting all the hype but Kirkland/Quillan/Jacobs get ? on and dismissed instead of matched up with them tells a lot. they betta make Thurman vs Canelo next year at 154

this is the same reason i dont want a silva/jones fight in mma...let them ? live an whip on gsp
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Like I said weeks ago don king ain't no different than from oscar and arum but one of those guys isn't on top

Don King was a ? and a crook but he got fights made.... But when a ? do the same ? Arum and em do its "worse"
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    good video Art but it aint just Oscar... Arum do it too now with that said.... the way they treated Zab and Trout last week is exactly what dude in the video talking bout.

It's the whole boxing game... It's interesting, because the Rigondeaux/Donaire fight reminded me of something. The same accusations of Rigondeaux's style of boxing reminded me of the way that the white press used to criticize Jack Johnson's defensive style of boxing back in the day (boring, cowardly). But if a Filipino or Mexican fighter fought the way that Rigondeaux did, he would be labeled as a prodigy or a genius. They would've promoted him as the "boxer whose boxing I.Q. being higher than Mayweather's." They can promote Rigo the same way, but they don't want to. The subtle prejudice is undercover, but it's there. Look at the Olympics.... When women's boxing was being promoted, they were promoting the ? out of that one Mexican chick from Houston, Marlen Esparza; but when a 17 year old Black girl from Michigan wins GOLD for the U.S., they don't say ? else about women's boxing from the Olympics... The Mexican chick gets the endorsement deals, but the black teenager hardly ever gets mentioned...

They hate on our style and want every one to brawl. If Mayweather was white or hispanic they would love him. My main irk is that they make the black fighters fight each other and hold them to higher expectations while the lesser skilled Mexicans get all the hype. Broner got hated on for not fighting "the best" and the only way he can get props is to move up weight classes....cuz its expected for ? fighters cuz of the boxing ability and skillset.... yet at those same weight classes their are mexican fighters who can camp out there and be champs and comp is never brought up.... they love Morrales /Barerra/JMM/Prince Hamed right? but no one evea talks about how when Mayweather was at 130 he wanted all of those guys and none wanted it cuz they knew.... yet Floyds comp always gets brought up. the fact Canelo and GGG is getting all the hype but Kirkland/Quillan/Jacobs get ? on and dismissed instead of matched up with them tells a lot. they betta make Thurman vs Canelo next year at 154

This reminds me of dana white. Dude wants to make jones vs silva but never brings up gsp name.
  • aneed123
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    There is a reason why al haymon stay behind the scenes

u notice he gets a bad reputation tho.... it cuz he looks after black fighters... folk were mad at how he Berto all on HBO talking bout he aint fought no body and only fights smaller guys.... seems exactly like Canelo to me
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    pralims wrote: »

this is the same reason i dont want a silva/jones fight in mma...let them ? live an whip on gsp

I just said the samething
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    GSP is boring as fukk too...is it really skill to hold a grown man on the ground?
  • aneed123
    Options

thats the perfect example... GSP gets to hide from Silva... but lets make Jones Silva so we can cancel one out ..... no 2 ? beating all they ass is what I wanna see lol
  • aneed123
    Options
    ima give yall another example that Im mad bout til this day.... Ricky ? Hatton ..... at 140 u had Zab/Floyd/Cotto/Vivian Harris/Corley/Jr. Witter/Bradley/Gatti/Torres/Holt and that ? aint fight none of em... ni criticism... and they had the nerve to say Floyd was duckin him
  • Art-illery
    Art-illery Members Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ima give yall another example that Im mad bout til this day.... Ricky ? Hatton ..... at 140 u had Zab/Floyd/Cotto/Vivian Harris/Corley/Jr. Witter/Bradley/Gatti/Torres/Holt and that ? aint fight none of em... ni criticism... and they had the nerve to say Floyd was duckin him

In the end, Ricky Hatton ended up gettin that work. Floyd and Pacquiao had that boy sniffin with his eyes and his nose!

• Art-illery
    Art-illery Members Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? FINALLY gettin some shine!!

guillermo-rigondeaux.jpg
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    im glad hatton aint around no more.

he never showed an ounce of skill....just the ability to swarm
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hate to break up yall black fighter pity party but white/latino fighters are easier to promote so its no shock that that promoters prefer them

latin people support their fighters and majority of America is white
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    hate to break up yall black fighter pity party but white/latino fighters are easier to promote so its no shock that that promoters prefer them

lol!!!!!! ha ha

yo my dude i might have to steal this from ya, and throw in my sig...sorry my sad ass Celtics cant get no more run, so i gotta chg it up!
  • aneed123
    Options

UR Right.... i still wanna see the good black fighters get shots vs them
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

lets not get ? twisted...

blacks support their fighters differently.
    white support to go against blacks...that why they need a great white hype...an since that wont happen they jump on the latino bandwagon.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

white support to go against blacks...that why they need a great white hype...an since that wont happen they jump on the latino bandwagon.

Nah just make steroids legal and the white fighters will be on an even playing field...

{{{REMINDEEEEEER}}} Amir Khan fights early at 2pm
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this is exactly why black fighters are on the bottom of the totem pole right now.
    you don't support them financially then don't be upset when they don't get love.
    judah is fighting garcia in brooklyn.
    a brooklyn ? should have the arena blacked out.
    there should be room for garcia and his family and the rest bk showin up.
    but will that happen? unlikely. then people will ? and moan about not getting a fair share

? even the most successful black fighter right now (floyd) knows he needs to suck up to hispanics and makes damn sure he takes that first week of may or september to cash in on mexican fight fans (the hispanic foes aren't a mistake either)

support black fighters whenever they fight outside races and put money up and you'll get recognized too.
  • vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    i'm not someone to believe in conspiracy theories but there seem to be resentments against black fighters from the industry that can not be explained from a monetary standpoint.

we had this discussion before and i hate to bring it up again but since the days of rocky marciano, the only non-black fighter that has ever been an international superstar is manny pacquiao. he could sellout arenas in las vegas, tokyo or mexico city.
    even someone like dlh has never been a star outside the american continent.

this whole black fighters don't sell talk is ? that can easily be proved wrong by looking at the forbes money list of sports. and i'm not talking only mayweather last year, i'm talking evander holyfield topping that list, mike tyson doing so with buster douglas at 2, sugar ray was no. 3, foreman no. 4, hell even razor ruddock was in the top 10.

when will we see canelo on top of that list? why did dlh never top it? where was duran? when will people all over the globe get up to watch a hispanic fighter like they did for tyson, holyfield, leonard or now even mayweather?

there might be alot of reasons, why other ethnicities get preferential treatment but money damn sure cant be one of them...
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The King ? has returned... Welcome back!

So u sayin he sam jackson in django?..

I remember Hbo...was pushing kelly pavlik hard...to bad bhop and tha bottle whipped his ass
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah just make steroids legal and the white fighters will be on an even playing field...

{{{REMINDEEEEEER}}} Amir Khan fights early at 2pm

Good looking out. Btw, who's broadcasting the fight?
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dead at amir khan headline sayin tha return of the king hahaha