Wack
    ? garbage

and yall sit there and let this cracka come and get rich off of our culture

you ? uncle tom ass ?
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not-Overrated
    He's extremely talented. He's one of the few emcees I haven't really seen get outshined on a track. He's good for a dope 16, can freestyle his a*s off, but he can't really construct songs and can't put together cohesive albums. His albums lack any replay value and haven't impacted the game musically. Yeah, he sold a sh!tload of albums, but to who (no offence)?

I honestly think he focusses too much on the technical aspect of rhyming. I really think he sacrifices his overall rhymes for rhymeschemes, multi's, making words rhyme etc. Em gets due praise on his lyricism, delivery and flow but he basically Treach' son and Treach actually did what he been trying to do since the late nineties better in the early and mid nineties. Em's dope but this n*gga's rhyming sh*t like "teener totter, prima donna", I mean, it's not wack but sh*t like that takes away from the rhyme IMHO.

This is lyricism. Especially his first 16. Notice how no words were wasted and he stuck to the theme of that joint...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZSWeliCq4s

I've said it in other threads but it's almost criminal for a rapper as talented as him to have a weak discography like he has. His albums range from decent to hot garbage (Relapse, really?). With his discography he can never be a GOAT contender.

As for
  • LilStat
    LilStat Members Posts: 23
    Options
    GOAT Status...
    man how the ? can anybody doubt this guy's influence in the rap game?
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not-Overrated
    LilStat wrote: »
    man how the ? can anybody doubt this guy's influence in the rap game?
    Who he influenced? Which credible emcee really followed anything he set? What has he brought to the game that wasn't there before (f*ck the majority of his stanbase cuz they only mess with him and associated acts)? All these multi's, complex rhymeschemes are cool, but his rhymes lack substance and that style been done before him and executed way better by a Treach, a G-Rap etc.

He's a dope emcee, but he ain't set no trends and has no real impact in the game other than being the great white hope for outsiders. This ain't a color thing neither.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Treach actually did what he been trying to do since the late nineties better in the early and mid nineties. Em's dope but this n*gga's rhyming sh*t like "teener totter, prima donna", I mean, it's not wack but sh*t like that takes away from the rhyme IMHO.

This is lyricism. Especially his first 16. Notice how no words were wasted and he stuck to the theme of that joint...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZSWeliCq4s

I've said it in other threads but it's almost criminal for a rapper as talented as him to have a weak discography like he has. His albums range from decent to hot garbage (Relapse, really?). With his discography he can never be a GOAT contender.

As for

Thanks for saying this.. Em ain't ? with Treach..
    5jshz9.jpg
  • ILL_Anvers
    ILL_Anvers Members Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    GOAT Status...
    Not an easy one.
    Why?
    As far as rapping goes he's one of the greatest to ever do it imo... buuut his catalogue could've/should've been so much better.
    SSLP+MMLP+EM show=

76383-drunksouls-07102010-1300.jpg
    Unfortunately, almost everything after that was disappointing. His voice, the yelling and some really wack tracks.

I've noticed the IC usually doesn't show much love for Em but that's cool, to each his own.
    I think the brainless stanbase doesn't help either but that ain't em's fault.

At the end of the day, he can still spit like crazy so i'm gonna give him the GOAT status anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dVZ26YKu70
    6:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRqmWW_QTSU
    2:00

Hopefully stans and haters who don't bring a decent argument to the table, stay away.
    Don't count on it doe.

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Overrated
    he's overrated. my thing with eminem is this. there are plenty of rappers that had solid runs but don't get that goat treatment like eminem, and the ones that do get goat considerations are the ones that transcended the genre (Rakim, Big Daddy, Tupac, Biggie, Nas, LL Cool J, Jay Z etc) Eminem did not transcend the genre to that level where he should be getting all these accolades bestowed upon him. He's a good rapper that sold a lot of records and dropped a few good albums. All this extra goat ? seems forced and unnatural.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Not-Overrated
    He is a talented mc that can rap his ass off, but the albums he make are complete ? and they never really lived up to his full potential.
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
  • nineties
    nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT Status...
    Lol at people denying his goat status. It's hard to accept a white rapper ruling black music.

Em's impact on the game:

-Battling existed for awhile but 8 Mile brought it to a wider audience.
    -Dre discovered Em, but Dre was falling off when The Firm flopped so Em saved his ass.
    -how many white rappers can be mentioned from the time vanilla ice fell off to eminem getting signed by dre? Not many. Now how many white rappers can you mention since Em blew up? 'nuff said.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not-Overrated
    The Firm album went platinum, can we stop with that flop nonsense. Dre did his thing on that album, the Track Masters ? it up.

106 and Park is what brought battling back to the mainstream, not 8 Mile.
  • nineties
    Options
    GOAT Status...
    This was in 1997 foo. Going 1x platinum that particular year was a flop. This was when biggie and diddy were going 7x platinum so how could a supergroup like the firm sell any less? Plus no one considers the album a classic.

106 and park was national, 8 mile was global. How the hell did BET reach a wider audience?
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack
    nineties wrote: »
    Lol at people denying his goat status. It's hard to accept a white rapper ruling black music.

Em's impact on the game:

-Dre discovered Em, but Dre was falling off when The Firm flopped so Em saved his ass.
    -how many white rappers can be mentioned from the time vanilla ice fell off to eminem getting signed by dre? Not many. Now how many white rappers can you mention since Em blew up? 'nuff said.

8mile brought battling to the forefront

you sound stupid

log yo cracka ass off

if you a cracka and you like eminem you trailer park trash
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack
    Eminemem ain't have no impact whatsoever
  • nineties
    edited April 2013
    Options
    GOAT Status...
    Plap Star wrote: »
    nineties wrote: »

Em's impact on the game:

8mile brought battling to the forefront

you sound stupid

log yo cracka ass off

if you a cracka and you like eminem you trailer park trash

Im korean and my favorite rapper is black.
  • savagek
    savagek Members Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Options
    GOAT Status...
    put em in a cypher with anyone of your favorite rappers and i guarantee they wont outshine. I mean yeah hes dropped some lackluster albums but name one rapper who hasn't? But in the midst all the ups and lows in his career hes dropped some amazing unforgettable tracks (stan, sing for a moment, lose yourself, the way i am). Em also brought something to hip hop that was sorely needed.. comedy. Yeah some of it was corny but a lot of it was str8 entertainment comparable to none.
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    Wack
    savagek wrote: »
    Em also brought something to hip hop that was sorely needed.. comdey. Yeah some of it was corny but a lot of it was str8 entertainment comparable to none.
    Kanye-West-Blank-stare.gif?637fe1
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If enimen - white skin = hospin
    and hospin = wack
    it's safe to say eminem is wack and gets pass from ? boys because he's white.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not-Overrated
    Yo, at least you guys can say he one of the best lyricist from a technical standpoint.

I can't understand how people praise Pun, Kane, G-Rap and etc

But think Em is wack.

He's not a good artist but he is an impeccable Lyricist.
  • DMTxTHC
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Wack
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Yo, at least you guys can say he one of the best lyricist from a technical standpoint.

But think Em is wack.

@ohhhla

? vs Boomerang..
    Lil ? ? vs Raw..
    Squaredance vs Men at Work..
    etc....

The overall sounds of the songs that G Rap, Pun and Kane dropped are mad different from the ones Em dropped.. it's mad easy to like G Rap, Kane and Pun and not like Em..

You can rap your ass off from a "technical standpoint" and rap about about ? over wack beats at the same time (Em).. just like how you can rap about some real/important ? , but the flow/delivery can be wack (Talib at times)..

Snoop wasn't the strongest lyricist in 93, but he still dropped a classic because the overall product was very good.. but on the other hand, Fab lyrically dropped heat all throughout the 2000s, but all of his albums are average..

Albums (and to a lesser extent mixtapes) are the most important thing to me when rating/ranking an artist.. NOT saying I think Em is better than Snoop and Fab, but raw skill can only get you but so far in my eyes, especially when you put out garbage like Em did..
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Not-Overrated
    Musically, Eminem bores me. I can't listen to the MMLP all the way threw cuz the beats are bland as ? . Also his hooks are terrible.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not-Overrated

But think Em is wack.

@ohhhla

? vs Boomerang..
    Lil ? ? vs Raw..
    etc....

The overall sounds of the songs that G Rap, Pun and Kane dropped are mad different from the ones Em dropped.. it's mad easy to like G Rap, Kane and Pun and not like Em..

You can rap your ass off from a "technical standpoint" and rap about about ? over wack beats at the same time (Em).. just like how you can rap about some real/important ? , but the flow/delivery can be wack (Talib at times)..

Snoop wasn't the strongest lyricist in 93, but he still dropped a classic because the overall product was very good.. but on the other hand, Fab lyrically dropped heat all throughout the 2000s, but all of his albums are average..

Albums (and to a lesser extent mixtapes) are the most important thing to me when rating/ranking an artist.. NOT saying I think Em is better than Snoop and Fab, but raw skill can only get you but so far in my eyes, especially when you put out garbage like Em did..

I just admitted that Em is a ? artist in terms of what people want.

But his lyricism is impeccable and crazy. Rhyming all kinds of words and using all kind of flows.

I don't like Tyler but I admit he's nice.

I don't like to be biased and just discredit a rapper because his music is ass.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not-Overrated

But think Em is wack.

@ohhhla

? vs Boomerang..
    Lil ? ? vs Raw..
    etc....

I just admitted that Em is a ? artist in terms of what people want.

But his lyricism is impeccable and crazy. Rhyming all kinds of words and using all kind of flows.

I don't like Tyler but I admit he's nice.

I don't like to be biased and just discredit a rapper because his music is ass.

Really?