Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    alexander holds to ? much..hope thatn ? never gets on ppv

if he does then only as a b-side. i respect his trainer kevin cunningham but alexander is just boring to watch

yea i like cunningham too

@pralims chinese dude is way to small for floyd aint he a featherweight?

it wont matter....money is money...im sure some ? will happen an have floyd over there....

maybe him an pac close it out over there.
  • Art-illery
    Art-illery Members Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    alexander holds to ? much..hope thatn ? never gets on ppv

if he does then only as a b-side. i respect his trainer kevin cunningham but alexander is just boring to watch

yea i like cunningham too

@pralims chinese dude is way to small for floyd aint he a featherweight?

Zou Shiming is a flyweight. LOL! He didn't even deserve the gold medal he got at the Olympics last year.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? be like 9 fights in gettin a title shot
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

so rigeandeux with 11 fights didnt deserve his shot?
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Nobody deserves a shot
  • Art-illery
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »

so rigeandeux with 11 fights didnt deserve his shot?

You should know that Shiming and Rigondeaux are in entirely different classes altogether when it comes to boxing skills. Rigo was knocking dudes out in the first rounds in his professional debuts while Shiming had his opponents laughing at him for trying to showboat. Dude couldn't even hurt an 18 year old kid with a weak record. Shiming isn't that good... There was a Thai boxer named Kaeo Pongprayoon that worked him in the 2012 Olympics, and Kaeo was robbed of the decision.

• nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    khan was gettin slapped around today also...

he dont deserve mayweather either...i think he got dropped twice an wobbled like 6times.

he needs to vanish off the high rankings

so who would you say "deserves" mayweather?

none of these ? .....none of them look good against the b class they been fighting.

we need someone who is coming up and showing heart an skill...otherwise may will just keep going thru em

sergio didnt look good,
    garcia didnt
    judah didnt
    pac dont know what he wanna do
    khan staying on ? str lately
    cinnamon aint really prove himself to get a shot
    broner too easy to hit an still needs to grow
    ortiz....still trying to read the rematch contract
    bertos confidence and skill is shook like port au prince
    bradley ...maybe..? head gettin bigger...literally
    jmm...still chillin off his win..let that man live, but he is a good candidate even though he got schooled.

but thats just me

aight but anyone less than those names above is cherry picking and damn sure shouldn't "deserve" the fight.
    so again, where does that leave floyd? it makes him damned if he does, damned if he doesn't

floyd gives these ? a chance to develop during his layoff an jail time.

why dont they just earn the ? ...? fight hard...dont look for a hand out

i dunno what you are talking about here, floyd fights once or twice a year. all of the fighters homie listed have wins or win streaks during that time.
    if floyd is in a weight class, and these guys rank at the top guess what. they earned a shot. if they hold titles they are #1 on at least one list in the division.
    floyd is just another fighter in the division, so they already earned the fight.

p4p is an imaginary rank with no real credibility because it is all opinions and streaks goin by flavor of the months (seriously, you hardly ever hear these ? lists state why they believe the persons style would beat other people on the list)
    so as long as they can sell it and floyd wants to take the fight against a high ranking foe they more than deserve the fight

btw not attacking you, but that ? argument of "deserving" a fight has been used for years with top earning fighters ducking people
    most recently donaire tried it with rigendeux and jcc jr with martinez

Yeah maybe some fighters use that argument to duck fighters, but then again some champions are elite and did not win a vacant belt (had to do it the hard way) and feel there opponents have to earn the right to fight them. Its not always ? .
    Tim Bradley fought Ruslan because he saw his record and some of his devastating knockouts on friday night fights like we all did. Tim Bradley was soul searching after the gift he got in the Pac fight and saw the Ruslan fight as an opportunity to prove his worth. At the time Ruslan was not even rated top ten by the major ranking systems but he was with Freddy roach, trains with Pacman, and has tremendous knockout power. That rep alone got Ruslan a Title shot with a depressed champion trying to prove himself. No p4p ranking or any other ranking. Just rep. Tim won the fight in dramatic fashion and look what that got him, a shot at JMM. Earned it, the hard way.

So some fighters do live by a code of "you have to earn your ticket". ? , if they did why wouldn't you have to? Cant be jumping in line when it aint your turn mate... ? wanting belts and title shots the same year they turn pro ass ? will ? up boxing worse than it already is. Rigo is an exception but not really cuz he had like 400 amateur fights and was a 2 time Olympic gold medalist. That's more than earning your keep right there. Donaire was just scared.

Honestly to deserve a fight there should be no doubt you deserve it, but you still cant go around making silly demands like Canelo is, talking about you have to sign this contract or we are only fighting in Texas. Kind of ? is that when talking to someone who has won belts in multiple weight classes and dominated the craft since 97 on a professional level. I would never fight that ? off the disrespect alone.

Also there are 13 weight classes just straw to middleweight with 5 belts minimum in each. You could be lucky and win a vacant belt so it really does not mean you earned a shot at a true champion. Just cause this so called ranking has you here and you got this or that titile dont mean ? . Fight tough fights, get your own rep and handle your own business. P4P means someone has handled their business in a weight class and I highly doubt that top 10 is just flavor of the month bruh. I'm not saying its the most valid ranking system but it does have some kind of merit.

By the way, Floyd's name sells his own fights, all ranking and belts aside he can fight who ever he wants, and with that said since he is his own boss, if you dont deserve it, you probably dont deserve it...
    thats my point
    you made it for me
    they were knocking people saying they didn't deserve a fight with floyd
    khan got rocked a lot like bradley did and scrapped out a win
    martinez got hell from murray
    canelo knocked off trout who beat cotto much like mayweather did
    going by the logic that khan didn't deserve the fight and that none of those guys did either (but somehow alexander does?) floyd should retire because boxing is done with him

now you and i both know this isn't true. he still believes he got 5 more fights after ghost so why not fight any one of those guys listed
    i do agree canelo is out his rabbit ass mind making demands, hell if i was him i'd rest on my laurels, he doesn't need floyd anymore than floyd needs him.
    the countdown is there already, 5 fights.....5 fights until canelo becomes #1 draw in boxing

if floyd wants to bless him with a fight thats dope
    but if floyd picks anyone else on that list, he deserves it after a long career (not that i'ma buy just any fight or his cherry picking...hell i haven't purchased half of his last 10 fights because of that)
    the man is old and can cherry pick till he hangs em up and boxing is done with him

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rios the frontrunner to face Pacquiao in November

http://fighthype.com/news/article14292.html
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MSOI wrote: »
    Rios the frontrunner to face Pacquiao in November

http://fighthype.com/news/article14292.html

he can still get bodied but its blatantly obvious that he picked Rios because he cant adjust.....by he i mean"my plomoter"
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Amir Khan is what he is...too late to change him

He probably should start looking for avenues outside of boxing

He always had a shaky chin but his punch resistance is getting worst
    Maybe it's too late to change his boxing IQ, but his technique can be improved. It's just a matter of him humbling himself and going back to the fundamentals. I also wonder if he got people in his circle that keep it real with him.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Where yall watchin tha mayweather fight?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    khan was gettin slapped around today also...

he dont deserve mayweather either...i think he got dropped twice an wobbled like 6times.

he needs to vanish off the high rankings

so who would you say "deserves" mayweather?

none of these ? .....none of them look good against the b class they been fighting.

we need someone who is coming up and showing heart an skill...otherwise may will just keep going thru em

sergio didnt look good,
    garcia didnt
    judah didnt
    pac dont know what he wanna do
    khan staying on ? str lately
    cinnamon aint really prove himself to get a shot
    broner too easy to hit an still needs to grow
    ortiz....still trying to read the rematch contract
    bertos confidence and skill is shook like port au prince
    bradley ...maybe..? head gettin bigger...literally
    jmm...still chillin off his win..let that man live, but he is a good candidate even though he got schooled.

but thats just me

aight but anyone less than those names above is cherry picking and damn sure shouldn't "deserve" the fight.
    so again, where does that leave floyd? it makes him damned if he does, damned if he doesn't

floyd gives these ? a chance to develop during his layoff an jail time.

why dont they just earn the ? ...? fight hard...dont look for a hand out

i dunno what you are talking about here, floyd fights once or twice a year. all of the fighters homie listed have wins or win streaks during that time.
    if floyd is in a weight class, and these guys rank at the top guess what. they earned a shot. if they hold titles they are #1 on at least one list in the division.
    floyd is just another fighter in the division, so they already earned the fight.

p4p is an imaginary rank with no real credibility because it is all opinions and streaks goin by flavor of the months (seriously, you hardly ever hear these ? lists state why they believe the persons style would beat other people on the list)
    so as long as they can sell it and floyd wants to take the fight against a high ranking foe they more than deserve the fight

btw not attacking you, but that ? argument of "deserving" a fight has been used for years with top earning fighters ducking people
    most recently donaire tried it with rigendeux and jcc jr with martinez

Yeah maybe some fighters use that argument to duck fighters, but then again some champions are elite and did not win a vacant belt (had to do it the hard way) and feel there opponents have to earn the right to fight them. Its not always ? .
    Tim Bradley fought Ruslan because he saw his record and some of his devastating knockouts on friday night fights like we all did. Tim Bradley was soul searching after the gift he got in the Pac fight and saw the Ruslan fight as an opportunity to prove his worth. At the time Ruslan was not even rated top ten by the major ranking systems but he was with Freddy roach, trains with Pacman, and has tremendous knockout power. That rep alone got Ruslan a Title shot with a depressed champion trying to prove himself. No p4p ranking or any other ranking. Just rep. Tim won the fight in dramatic fashion and look what that got him, a shot at JMM. Earned it, the hard way.

So some fighters do live by a code of "you have to earn your ticket". ? , if they did why wouldn't you have to? Cant be jumping in line when it aint your turn mate... ? wanting belts and title shots the same year they turn pro ass ? will ? up boxing worse than it already is. Rigo is an exception but not really cuz he had like 400 amateur fights and was a 2 time Olympic gold medalist. That's more than earning your keep right there. Donaire was just scared.

Honestly to deserve a fight there should be no doubt you deserve it, but you still cant go around making silly demands like Canelo is, talking about you have to sign this contract or we are only fighting in Texas. Kind of ? is that when talking to someone who has won belts in multiple weight classes and dominated the craft since 97 on a professional level. I would never fight that ? off the disrespect alone.

Also there are 13 weight classes just straw to middleweight with 5 belts minimum in each. You could be lucky and win a vacant belt so it really does not mean you earned a shot at a true champion. Just cause this so called ranking has you here and you got this or that titile dont mean ? . Fight tough fights, get your own rep and handle your own business. P4P means someone has handled their business in a weight class and I highly doubt that top 10 is just flavor of the month bruh. I'm not saying its the most valid ranking system but it does have some kind of merit.

By the way, Floyd's name sells his own fights, all ranking and belts aside he can fight who ever he wants, and with that said since he is his own boss, if you dont deserve it, you probably dont deserve it...
    thats my point
    you made it for me
    they were knocking people saying they didn't deserve a fight with floyd
    khan got rocked a lot like bradley did and scrapped out a win
    martinez got hell from murray
    canelo knocked off trout who beat cotto much like mayweather did
    going by the logic that khan didn't deserve the fight and that none of those guys did either (but somehow alexander does?) floyd should retire because boxing is done with him

now you and i both know this isn't true. he still believes he got 5 more fights after ghost so why not fight any one of those guys listed
    i do agree canelo is out his rabbit ass mind making demands, hell if i was him i'd rest on my laurels, he doesn't need floyd anymore than floyd needs him.
    the countdown is there already, 5 fights.....5 fights until canelo becomes #1 draw in boxing

if floyd wants to bless him with a fight thats dope
    but if floyd picks anyone else on that list, he deserves it after a long career (not that i'ma buy just any fight or his cherry picking...hell i haven't purchased half of his last 10 fights because of that)
    the man is old and can cherry pick till he hangs em up and boxing is done with him

thats is kinda my point....if floyd wants to give them a chance then he should be the only one deciding that...not some upstart fukk ? that beat a ex postman
  • Art-illery
    Options
    Andre Dirrell vs Gennady Golovkin back in the day in the amateurs. Ol milk box carton ass ? :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2COIu28PCKA
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Amir Khan is what he is...too late to change him

He probably should start looking for avenues outside of boxing

He always had a shaky chin but his punch resistance is getting worst
    Maybe it's too late to change his boxing IQ, but his technique can be improved. It's just a matter of him humbling himself and going back to the fundamentals. I also wonder if he got people in his circle that keep it real with him.

dont really matter

He's going to get hit cause its just a part of boxing

At 27, his flaws are embedded in him
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sergio's hand downn "take the bait" approach needs to change, expecially against defensive fighters. He starting to look his age.
    Chris Arreola's fat ass lost and I'm not surprised
    Judah's done
    Khan is starting to look average
    I'm still not sold on Danny Garcia and I think Peterson and Alexander will beat the breaks off 'em.

Now that's out the way, I'm probably going to watch this Mayweather fight online. I just don't see myself paying 60 bucks to watch him fight Guerrero.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And where the ? is Andre Dirrell?!?
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    me and my homie pose to go half on the fight we'll see what excuse he will have come friday
    dirrell who knows..? is wastin his talent

yea sergio got that gift..but i give him credit for facing a tough undefeated fighter
    arreola always been a ? ..? cant even beat his hunger to eat let alone any top 10 fighter
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im prolly watching the Floyd fight at ? or B Dubs dont feel like paying 60
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    i tried watchin a fight at a bar was too loud ..and i wish we had a ? here
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Martinez is out for the rest of the year. ? injured his knee and broke his left hand.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Martinez is out for the rest of the year. ? injured his knee and broke his left hand.

im not sure where he broke his hand...but he wasnt acting like it was broke when he was acting cocky.

his excuse for his poor performance.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    smh...damn tha whole year? ? need to try to get a big money fight in and hang it up...u would think this ? playin football much as he get injured
  • vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    And where the ? is Andre Dirrell?!?

his brother is fighting friday after coming back from a serious accident and battling cancer