Worlds First Genetically Modified Babies Born

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    always ? with something trying to be a higher power.

some things are just unethical
  • Drew_Ali
    Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    Drew_Ali wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Um, where is the implants or do I need to be reborn as a child. I'm going the Orochimaru route.
    Going the Orochimaru way having to switch bodies every few years would suck.

Well, I think because his jutsu was taken away when he had to get different bodies every 3 years other than that, he was probably cool.

FOH with that pokieman ? .....

don't know what a pokieman is, but that's naruto ? , not pokemon

Same thing........

not really, but i guess it is to folks who don't watch anime

Never got into it.........

Grew up on old school comic books........

On topic:

I foresee mad unethical ? stemming from this technology..........

Especially when they find genetic markers for "intelligence"........

It is gonna get real good then.............

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't really see anything wrong with this to be honest. If we could add a gene to make people smarter or more resistant to disease or stronger, why wouldn't we. My only problem would be the fact that it would be something only done for those with the money to pay for it which would lead to the rise tiers of humanity which would suck. But if certain things were done to all people across the board in order to better humanity, there's no problem with me.
  • Drew_Ali
    edited May 2013
    Options
    My only problem would be the fact that it would be something only done for those with the money to pay for it which would lead to the rise tiers of humanity which would suck.

It would do far worse than suck........

http://youtu.be/aQuvvLoDTsw
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, and unfortunately, with the world the way it is, that's pretty much what would happen. There is no way they'd come up with something that say, made humans immune to all viruses, and not make people pay out the ass to have it done to their child.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So would their dna strand be a tetrahelix? Gotta be. ? we don't know enough about a double helix.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well maybe "THEY" do lol.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Um, where is the implants or do I need to be reborn as a child. I'm going the Orochimaru route.
    Going the Orochimaru way having to switch bodies every few years would suck.

Well, I think because his jutsu was taken away when he had to get different bodies every 3 years other than that, he was probably cool.

FOH with that pokieman ? .....

don't know what a pokieman is, but that's naruto ? , not pokemon

Same thing........

not really, but i guess it is to folks who don't watch anime

Werd Naruto is pretty violent, arms getting crushed and ripped off heads get decapitated off of bodies ? of that nature!

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @drew_ali watch your tongue when you talk about Anime!!
    The Japanese Robots shows whats happening now in Japan Robotics. These comic book artists are prophets in disguise.

So yes, I would totally endorse this and humanity would become better. I would take some Komodo Dragon DNA and some Lion DNA and some scorpion DNA, no spider DNA thank you over done series.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    @drew_ali watch your tongue when you talk about Anime!!
    The Japanese Robots shows whats happening now in Japan Robotics. These comic book artists are prophets in disguise.

So yes, I would totally endorse this and humanity would become better. I would take some Komodo Dragon DNA and some Lion DNA and some scorpion DNA, no spider DNA thank you over done series.

http://youtu.be/8wrm5PVMiMw
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Wack, so where can I get my snake genes at?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the beginning of the division. New genetically modified humans will be born with superior genes. This will enable them to dominate their 'natural' counterparts in every area of life - ultimately leading to the enslavement of the genetically-flawed humans by the genetically-perfected humans.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options

I have been working on a concoction similar to that of the mad scientist Yacub.........

Would you like to volunteer to take experimental injections??????

• Drew_Ali
    Options
    .IRS. wrote: »
    So would their dna strand be a tetrahelix? Gotta be. ? we don't know enough about a double helix.

it would still be a double helix

With tailored instructions............

dnanim05.gif
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess us humans need to make Sentinels to control these ? .
  • Ajackson17
    Options

I have been working on a concoction similar to that of the mad scientist Yacub.........

Would you like to volunteer to take experimental injections??????

As long as it makes me superior.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    I guess us humans need to make Sentinels to control these ? .

A day late & a dollar short.........

? already lost this one............

• Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First, physical/mental retards should be removed.

X4fsbFL.jpg

Then, we can move on to improving the overall quality of humans.
  • Drew_Ali
    edited May 2013
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    This is the beginning of the division. New genetically modified humans will be born with superior genes. This will enable them to dominate their 'natural' counterparts in every area of life - ultimately leading to the enslavement of the genetically-flawed humans by the genetically-perfected humans.

we're no where close to doing anything like that.

We are already doing it...........

• LUClEN
    Options

X4fsbFL.jpg

This is how it will start. We will eliminate ugly features. But of course, genetic modification will be a luxury only the wealthy can afford, so it will be the rich who have the most attractive children. Since media have brainwashed the human race into thinking appearance is important these genetically modified children will be praised by all for their superior appearance.

Then low IQ's, mental retardation, and other psychological ailments will be eliminated - yet again solely from the wealthy gene pool. With genius level IQ, these new genetically modified humans will claim all of the best positions in society, leaving the scraps for the "normies" as they will call us.

Improved immune systems, greater protein synthesis, larger in size, denser bones... all of these will follow. The only hope for the "normies" is to ? them all now.
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do not care about the science or "moral" implications, humans have evolved to be capable of doing it, so it's the next step of human evolution imo. about time.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options

X4fsbFL.jpg

This is how it will start. We will eliminate ugly features. But of course, genetic modification will be a luxury only the wealthy can afford, so it will be the rich who have the most attractive children. Since media have brainwashed the human race into thinking appearance is important these genetically modified children will be praised by all for their superior appearance.

Then low IQ's, mental retardation, and other psychological ailments will be eliminated - yet again solely from the wealthy gene pool. With genius level IQ, these new genetically modified humans will claim all of the best positions in society, leaving the scraps for the "normies" as they will call us.

Improved immune systems, greater protein synthesis, larger in size, denser bones... all of these will follow. The only hope for the "normies" is to ? them all now.
    I approve of them trying to create superior humans.

I have great genes and normal humans are too far below me; so I welcome the prospect of being average or below average.
  • LUClEN
    Options

X4fsbFL.jpg

I have great genes and normal humans are too far below me; so I welcome the prospect of being average or below average.

What if they strip you of your current role in society and assign you a ? one meant for the genetically inferior... like farmer, or sewer cleaner?
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options

X4fsbFL.jpg

What if they strip you of your current role in society and assign you a ? one meant for the genetically inferior... like farmer, or sewer cleaner?
    If they are able to do that, then I would not stop them.
  • LUClEN
    Options

X4fsbFL.jpg

If they are able to do that, then I would not stop them.

Coward