The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    220px-Kiss_kiss_bang_bang_poster.jpg

(GRADE B+) "Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang" is a Dark Comedy crime film directed by Shane Black who is a famous screenwriter who wrote "Lethal Weapon, The Last Boy scout, Last Action Hero, Long Kiss Goodnight" and is directing "Iron Man 3". This was his directorial debut. It stars Robert Downy Jr and Val Kilmer. The story is about a petty thief who ends up going to a movie audition by accident. He is told he got the part and ends up in L.A. where he meets an old crush of his. From there he connects with an ? Agent played by Val Kilmer who takes him along as a private detective so he can practice for his up and coming role. Then the movie goes on a huge caper as he goes from thief to actor to detective. The movie was funny as hell. So many different random things happen that will make you laugh. Robert just really drives the performance and Val does a great job. It was just a fun film with a lot of sick jokes and humor. I enjoyed it a lot. It was like a movie within a movie.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKW7ihe_SqRwt-jN6RGD4PSGZU6w-h5cpz5oGEmN79UM5ThUEdd7nJBkpg

Good film.

From the director of Precious .. .

A surprisingly and good 'hoeish' performance from Kidman
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    Saw Flight as well recently . ..

My ? Denzel probably gives his best performance on screen since Training Day

He gave that film legs. A masterful performance and one of the greatest actors of this generation . ..
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched Boyz In The Hood last night. Never actually really took the time to really lose myself in the movie since childhood. Only caught the neutered versions on cable in recent years.

Cube was an absolute natural for it having been his first role.

Never realized that Young Tre was such a little hard head.

I found Ricky and Doughboy's mom to be sexy as hell. She was fly in Poetic Justice too.

Furious prolly coulda lived comfortably out of the hood but really did think he could affect change from within. GOAT onscreen father.

Not so subtle depiction of Blood vs Crips. I liked that it wasn't overt though.

The 'turn yo ? over' scene where Doughboy stands over Ferris and shoots him was shot similarly years later by Singleton in Baby Boy with Tyrese and Snoop. Jody doesn't fire the killshot though.

Ricky wasn't very smart. He had athletics gifts, but perhaps Doughboy was the brains after all.

Couldn't quite figure out if those were Nia Long's ? or stunt ? . Either way, nice ? .

Nice ? on Trey's the chick in Tree's fake smash story too.

I wonder if a Doughboy death scene was ever filmed.

Again Ricky wasn't very smart.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @rapmastermind damn bruh, how do you have the time to watch all these movies? anyway, i gotta ton of movies to watch now just going through your posts lol
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    @rapmastermind damn bruh, how do you have the time to watch all these movies? anyway, i gotta ton of movies to watch now just going through your posts lol

I watch movies every single week. It's hobby of mine. Sometimes it may be 1 film or I might have a "Film Orgy" where I watch several of films over a short period of time which is why I started this thread. I watch movies more than I watch television. I mostly watch my TV shows on netflix or online, I don't even know why I have Direct TV, mostly for sports I guess. This weekend I was thinking of some movies to watch and an old friend of mind recommended all 5 of those films to me, I hadn't seen anyone them. My goal is to now just watch movies I haven't seen, that's why you see so many random films popping up for me cause I'm really digging deep trying to find certain films I haven't seen. A lot people's reviews are putting me on in this thread. The whole point is to hopefully put people on to something they haven't seen. I watched those 5 films over this past weekend. 2 on Sat, 3 on Sunday. Film Orgy are fun:

Film Orgy: To watch several of films over a span of a short amount of time.
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    Rapmastermind Summer Movie Season Begins. Reviews coming up for May 2013:

220px-Oblivion2013Poster.jpg

220px-Iron_Man_3_theatrical_poster.jpg

220px-StarTrekIntoDarkness_FinalUSPoster.jpg

220px-FastandFurious6-teaserposter.jpg
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    May's got a decent movie coming out every week it seems.
  • flacofitz
    flacofitz Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Snow on tha bluff
  • rapmastermind
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Iron-Man-3-Poster1.jpg

(GRADE = C)
    Well sadly it was only alright. Some good and some bad. The film had some major flaws. Now what I liked was the Plane Rescue that was dope like the commercial. Tony house getting blown up was dope. But my biggest Issue was of course The Madarin Twist. It made the character completely pointless. Also going with the "Extremis" storyline was weak cause that comic came out in 06 only 6 years ago. It basically a new storyline. But the Madarin is to Tony what the Joker is to Batman. So you made him Bin Laden instead of Chinese. Fine, does that mean you take away his 10 rings powers and stuff that he does? The whole movie focused on Tony mind changing cause of the Outer space ? he seen. It would of been perfect for Tony and the Madarin to have a final showdown and he uses his 10 Rings to bring a supernatural element that Tony has to face his fears. Also the whole Space element was introduced in Thor and The Avengers. IM3 should of continued off that.

War Machine was completely underused and Don Chedle part was basically a prop, he was in and out of the movie like he had no purpose. The whole Detective Kid thing in Tennessee was weak. He wasn't in his suit enough, this is the 3rd film of the trilogy but I felt the action was lacking as most of the movie again he's not even in his suit. Peppers at the end with powers was WAY Cheesy. Also Shane Black basically turned this into a buddy cop movie. The Lethal Weapon homages were in this too with the fighting on the Boat Dock scene and the whole Tony shooting from a nail gun.

Overall it was just average. Not much better than Part II. You advertise it is as one Big Showdown with Tony and The Maderin but you turn him to a cheesy actor and then make the battle about some lame unappreciated scientist. The Ending Credits scene was pointless and did nothing to hint us of The Avengers. Something is telling me this is the last movie. It's clear RDJ is done with Iron Man after The Avengers 2. Overall it was an average Part III. Just like Spiderman, XMen and several Comic book hero and movie Part III's in general. Making the Maderin an Actor was a weak and lazy plot twist that ruined the character. It's going to do amazing at the box office cause of the Love The Avengers got but the quality of this film isn't as strong as IM1 and only on par with IM2. Overall the Trilogy started out amazing and went completely down hill.

oblivion-poster-1.jpg

(GRADE=B - ) Tom Cruise is back in Sci-fi for the 1st time since "War of the Worlds" with "Oblivion". The film was made by the director of "Tron: Legacy". 1st visually and effects wise the movie was on point. Influence wise the movie took from many different sci-fi films including "Moon" which was an independent film made recently. It does have a love story flowing throughout the film. Overall it was dragging until Morgan Freeman came in but he was underused for the most part. I love the twist at the end of the film, it has been done before but it helped you to see what was really going on. Tom plays a guy that fixes scanners/Drones and makes sure Water Sucking ridges stay online. His wife works as his partner. But as the movie goes on he investigates earth the more he finds his reality isn't all that it seems. So was it perfect? of course not, dragged in spots. But the action was on point the Drone Attack was visious. Overall pretty good movie.
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    I watched Grindhouse and then Machete last night.

I liked the Death Proof feature better than the Death Planet feature on Grindhouse, but both weren't bad.

Machete was dope, even though the story was kinda flimsy. but Michelle Rodriguez & Jessica Alba = plenty of sexiness to balance Danny Trejo's badassery.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The-Place-Beyond-the-Pines-teaser-poster.jpg

The DVDSCR of this movie is out,..I watched it last night it was pretty good overall...I didn't really know what to expect from it I went into it blindly thinking it was an action movie or something like that & it wasn't that at all. The storyline was on point the acting was good...I recommend it for people who enjoy Crime/Dramas
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    It's got Eva Mendes in it too...sounds dope lol
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    watched Silver linings playbook,aside from de niro's performance (in which he actually acts for once) it just made me want to do seriously depraved things to Jennifer Lawrence....something about that broad.

The Place Beyond The Pines was pretty great imo,a little predictable but i loved the way the story was told. It's kinda epic but in a very restrained manner.best way to go into the film is to know nothing about it,its a film that because of the narrative a trailer can't really sell.
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prodigy - Imagine if Batman was a serial killer? low budget film but quite unique plot and storyline.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw Parker ? was meh
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There will be blood

Loved it had to watch it twice, If you aint seen it you should.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Caught up with Falling Skies. A lot better when you can skip the goofy romance stuff. Big reveal being a 30 year old woman had a baby? Huh? Looking forward to how the next season works out. Just hope they don't have to go crazy with cgi for the new aliens. Could use more Pope and Ben killing though.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw Life of Pi

A
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched django again good movie...gangster squadwhich is a pretty good movie...now bout to have a wire marathon
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    He-Got-Game.jpg

we-need-to-talk-about-kevin.jpg
    highly tensed and crazy ass movie.

shadows_and_lies.jpg
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    independent movies are goat!
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2013
    Options

Very fine rom-com but not made in Hollywood . ..
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jack Reacher. Good movie. Wasn't expecting a movie to ride on the action scenes. Usually can't have a car chase or any kind of fights without slow motion and guitar riffs. That whole bathroom scene was jokes. But damnn at that russian sucker punching that girl. Opening was cold too.

The Principal. James Belushi should die at the end of everything he's in. I was saying ? him by the end of this.
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    ^ LOL @ your sig ... .