Options

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Its a forum on the internet...

Yes this is a forum on the internet.

But the same idea can apply pretty much anywhere.

Lets say one of your redneck buddies is spewing some ignorant ? that you completely disagree with..

You have two options:

1) Get angry, catch feelings, hate him and all those like him for the rest of your life.

2) Use your wisdom to use words to educate him on why he's wrong and why you're right.

Like Crude said, it's up to them as to whether they want to listen and learn and ultimately accept your words, but how can that even be possible unless the effort is put forth?

I don't know.

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Learned that early...the power of the tongue. Lol and no @Vibe the listener holds no power when someone powerful comes along. You of all people should know that.

Best part about it is when you can bend a woman to your will and she responds without second thought. She just instinctively does what you command.
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You don't have to educate or get angry, get off or ignore it. Can't educate the profoundly stupid, and can't get mad at it either. Both to me seem like a waist of time. They want to learn something about not being a ? they should do what normal people do and google it.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I thought opening post was pretty clear as to what this thread is about..

Do you deny that there are clashes regarding race on the IC?

It's not JUST about race though, it's about any opinion or any topic.

Your words have the power to influence people.

I recognize the power of words (separate from the aspect of race) so I'm thinking this had to do with a particular discussion that went sideways.

In any event, I don't expect what I say to have too much impact on the next individual. Whereas you've been enlightened by your interactions, my experience furthers my notion that most people ain't tryin' to hear ? unless it benefits them.

I don't have enough faith in people to believe that words hold that much weight.
  • Kat
    Options
    So this is about the power of words as it pertains to this forum and race?

The same woman whose main rebuttal to something is "your mama" is trying to be insightful about the power of words and encourage others to understand said power?

You are the worst kinds of people.

You know what? Get out.

You're a ? mod yet all you do is troll ? threads.

You're the worst kind of mod...resign ? .

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I used to b a more serious poster... then I realized that ppl prefer to wallow in their ignorance... so words/facts have limited power when not backed by force...
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    I used to b a more serious poster... then I realized that ppl prefer to wallow in their ignorance... so words/facts have limited power when not backed by force...

Yep

Yes

Yea
  • Kat
    Options
    Really wish she would have used her wisdom to use words to educate me on why I'm wrong and why she's right.

I really wish you would fall the ? off the face of the Earth.

• edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Its a forum on the internet...

Yes this is a forum on the internet.

But the same idea can apply pretty much anywhere.

Lets say one of your redneck buddies is spewing some ignorant ? that you completely disagree with..

You have two options:

1) Get angry, catch feelings, hate him and all those like him for the rest of your life.

2) Use your wisdom to use words to educate him on why he's wrong and why you're right.

Like Crude said, it's up to them as to whether they want to listen and learn and ultimately accept your words, but how can that even be possible unless the effort is put forth?

I don't know.

I agree with this because its pro active and logical and its regulating your own.

If you the smartest out of your own pack, educate the people you with, If you know better itll help keep a pace of conduct

You cant reach everyperson thats with you but reaching a few of em to get on the level you on

Will do nothin but make ya life experience better,more doors will open for you socially.

it wont create utopia because conflict is a part of life,take the bitter with the sweet

Long story short, if you know better do better

And put your people on.

theres nothing wrong with trying to enlighten somebody thats a friend

How they take it will show you alot about who you're with

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wash wit my gun in the shower
    My tongue is power
    It thrills women
    Kills demons
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it depends on the context and tone.

but i do agree ? stay catching feelings
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    I will ? Kat in a dark movie theater standing in line tryna to get to our seats allowing the ? to dry on my finger creating that fonk that all men like...and sniff my finger throughout the movie. the power of words.

Dogs_sniffing.gif
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    don't matter ? would get derailed and ? would start clowning just to get some lol or ether reactions.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah, i can't believe that. There's no power in words. You actually have to do something to make your point felt. Well, that's how it is where i come from.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I take full responsibility for the emotions on the floor & attempting to educate dumb ? ................

The Gods have placed labors on me that include spreading truth regarding the creation of man.........

In the process, I have left a trail of ether never before seen on these boards............

Most educators measure success by reaching only one individual........

Using that scale, I have achieved my goal ten-fold............

And ? commanded me to make haste: forbear you from meddling with ? , who is with me, that he destroy you not.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    sticks and stones...

"sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" is one of the dumbest phrases ever created
  • bambu
    Options

And this is considered abusive..........

To those that have unfortunately found themselves in opposition of the Gods...........

*Our coffers swell with tribute*

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »

This here...pretty much when certain posters get to talking about certain ? given their personal histories they reveal on the IC make or break just how much impact their words have when I read their post.
  • kingofharts
    kingofharts Members Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Could this be the start of a new period of enlightenment here in G&S? Will we all live up to the G? Stay tuned!

But yeah, whole lot of recklessness typically in here.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    And this is considered abusive..........

To those that have unfortunately found themselves in opposition of the Gods...........

*Our coffers swell with tribute*

you coffers swell with chronic...
    cause ? you sound high
  • bambu
    Options
    The breath of the divine/goddess, indeed..........

ntrsentra.gif

http://youtu.be/vVwqzPZFHm0
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sometimes words are intended to cause destruction and sometimes destruction is a good thing.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Just Words" *starts around 2:15*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhQtoVe-lh8

OBAMA LATER "BORROWED" (*wink wink* lol) THIS FROM DEVAL TO REBUT HILLARY CLINTON'S ATTACKS....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ffwY74XbS4
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good thread.. and i agree..
    but thats about all i have to say on the matter..

this board is not worthy of my words..
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All the knowledge dropped in this thread I appreciate it. I remember in church how we talked about the power of words and seeing the crystal experiment and how words and sounds can be embedded into the walls and rocks. That are words are eternal and our thoughts spoken can give life and death. It's truly a wonder how little we think words are when they hold so much weight and we use them recklessly throughout the day. It's better to say little than to talk foolish all day.