MASTER P COULDN'T BE ? WITH FROM 96 TO 99 (TRUE STORY)

Options

Comments

• Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great businessman but dude was wack
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.Forte wrote: »
    Matt- wrote: »
    wu tang, dmx, jayz, outkast, and eminem, fugees, and tribe all dropped albums that "? with" anything master p put out. it wasn't like he was holding down rap during that time frame

NUMBERS DONT LIE BRUH

MASTER P OUTSOLD ALL THEM ?

none of his albums sold more than wu tang forever, slim shady LP or HKL vol2.. what are you talking about?

• Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steady Mobb'n ft. Master P & Snoop Dogg "Mercy Me"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rY70wDN0n8

Mr Serv-On & Master P - "Time to Check My Fetty"
    http://youtu.be/v7Zq9LVaXfo

Mr Serv-On ft. Mac, Master P - "Tryin To Make It Out The Ghetto"
    http://youtu.be/xz3QrDjTLfQ

• Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mystikal: Gangstas feat Master P, Snoop Dogg
    http://youtu.be/6BioT7Yy5Os

Steady Mobb'n feat. Magic - Plead My Case
    http://youtu.be/5Cspz9Ksusc

C-Murder & Mystical "Runnin From The Police"
    http://youtu.be/41Kg9cEqXNQ

• Mr.Forte
    Options
    Rahlow wrote: »
    Steady Mobb'n ft. Master P & Snoop Dogg "Mercy Me"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rY70wDN0n8

Mr Serv-On & Master P - "Time to Check My Fetty"
    http://youtu.be/v7Zq9LVaXfo

Mr Serv-On ft. Mac, Master P - "Tryin To Make It Out The Ghetto"
    http://youtu.be/xz3QrDjTLfQ

YOU DESERVE 10 GOATS FOR THIS BRUH

CLASSIC ALBUM FROM SERV-ON

I STILL BUMP IT TO THIS DAY
  • Mr.Forte
    Options
    P. Town wrote: »
    I still remember when P was on WCW

Bash at the Beach 1999 - Rap is ? vs No Limit Vignette

http://youtu.be/ucd8FjR1u8o

• tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P gave all these independent dudes the blueprint.

I'm not gonna act like he hasn't dropped bunk ? , but he has multiple classics on that label IMO.

The independent hustle, the album promotion, the gold teeth - that's all P. P is the independent game.
  • Mr.Forte
    Options
    P gave all these independent dudes the blueprint.

I'm not gonna act like he hasn't dropped bunk ? , but he has multiple classics on that label IMO.

The independent hustle, the album promotion, the gold teeth - that's all P. P is the independent game.

E-40,TOO SHORT AND SPICE 1 GAVE MASTER P THE BLUEPRINT

TRUE STORY

P LEARNED THAT DO FOR SELF, OUT THE TRUNK ? FROM THE BAY AREA

HAD A RECORD STORE IN RICHMOND

SPEAKING OF SPICE 1

Spice 1 - Welcome To The Ghetto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8K31tTV554&feature=share&list=LLIrX-kg4UE3znND0TXqwEAw
  • bossflossy
    bossflossy Members Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    smh @ it takin a country ass dude to show everyone how to make real money.
    aint no one ever gonna get an 85/15 deal again and be able to own all the masters
    everyone who keeps repeating this really sounds stupid as ? or didn't do they proper research. priority in that period signed every label to that deal. that was their standard deal. label was responsible for marketing and priority just got you in the stores. it was your project so yes you owned the masters. his deal wasn't groundbreaking or something he negotiated because he was so sharp. get low records jt tha bigga figga, cell block records (some oakland hustlers), black market records form sacramento, dank or die owned by the delinquents outta oakland and a few more all got signed to the same deal during that period because priority was trying to sew up the bay area. duck down and roc a fella also had the same deal. they literally signed everyone who had a label that was doing any promotion of their own. priority just simply distributed, they did no marketing or promotions. also do you know how much that 85% equaled out to? priority would sell it to the record stores and wholesalers for about 7-8 dollars and the label would get 85% of that but it was standard deal that several companies had. you can research each one of those companies and see exactly when they signed and see that them and master p all signed at the same time. out that 85% came your marketing budget, pressing costs, whatever you were supposed to pay the artist. in the 2000's koch simply copied the formula with the deals they were signing labels too. it worked out well for him but that type of operating deal has been a music industry formula for decades, he didn't come put that together because he was such a raw business man.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mac was the only true lyricist on no limit tho
  • Mr.Forte
    Options
    bossflossy wrote: »
    smh @ it takin a country ass dude to show everyone how to make real money.
    aint no one ever gonna get an 85/15 deal again and be able to own all the masters
    everyone who keeps repeating this really sounds stupid as ? or didn't do they proper research. priority in that period signed every label to that deal. that was their standard deal. label was responsible for marketing and priority just got you in the stores. it was your project so yes you owned the masters. his deal wasn't groundbreaking or something he negotiated because he was so sharp. get low records jt tha bigga figga, cell block records (some oakland hustlers), black market records form sacramento, dank or die owned by the delinquents outta oakland and a few more all got signed to the same deal during that period because priority was trying to sew up the bay area. duck down and roc a fella also had the same deal. they literally signed everyone who had a label that was doing any promotion of their own. priority just simply distributed, they did no marketing or promotions. also do you know how much that 85% equaled out to? priority would sell it to the record stores and wholesalers for about 7-8 dollars and the label would get 85% of that but it was standard deal that several companies had. you can research each one of those companies and see exactly when they signed and see that them and master p all signed at the same time. out that 85% came your marketing budget, pressing costs, whatever you were supposed to pay the artist. in the 2000's koch simply copied the formula with the deals they were signing labels too. it worked out well for him but that type of operating deal has been a music industry formula for decades, he didn't come put that together because he was such a raw business man.

YOU KNOW YOUR ? BRUH

MAJOR RESPECT

MASTER P TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THAT DEAL THO

THEM OTHER ? DIDN'T

TRUE STORY
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    master p really did run the rap game from 96-99. who didn't ? with his music? i remember riding around with my older cousin while he was bumpin mr. ice cream man. master p was a great businessman too. had his hands on everything and ppl copied. from owning his own label to movies to television to clothing.

Ha ha, everything u mentioned, Russell Simmons did it over a decade b4 P did with Def Jam/Krush Groove/Phat Pharm

• 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options

Man ? played this album everyday when it came out...

Props for this playa
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Master P>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being an artist on No Limit back then >>> being a present day Def Jam/Roc Nation artist....at least your ? would get released....I remember every Tuesday going to Sam Goody and there was some No Limit album released that day. P's a legend regardless what anyone think....and I also remember them WCW days....my ? was like, "I was always a fan of wrasslin' "
  • Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cash Money in the 90s ? on anything No Limit. Master P trash. All No Limit did was bite other ? . P bit his West Coast roots, Pac, and Cash Money. Young Bleed and Snoop the only decent rappers and they needed Snoop way more than No Limit needed him. No Limit would fell off quick if that ? didnt sign. C Murder make Boosie look like a lyrical genius. Free Boosie leave C Murder in jail. UNLV and the Tymers the real underground NO ? better than the cracka backed No Limit.
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cash Money in the 90s ? on anything No Limit. Master P trash. All No Limit did was bite other ? . P bit his West Coast roots, Pac, and Cash Money. Young Bleed and Snoop the only decent rappers and they needed Snoop way more than No Limit needed him. No Limit would fell off quick if that ? didnt sign. C Murder make Boosie look like a lyrical genius. Free Boosie leave C Murder in jail. UNLV and the Tymers the real underground NO ? better than the cracka backed No Limit.

Lol @ you referencing the Big Tymers after saying Young Bleed and Snoop were the only decent rappers on the label.

I ? with UNLV, but to think Mystikal, Fiend, Mac, or none of those cats were snappin is out there to me. Them dudes held the city down.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wasnt a huge C-Murder fan but ? sayin he was super wack is way off IMO. Life or Death had some bangers on it nd his track Like a Jungle is one of da most underrated tracks out da south
  • Mr.Forte
    Options

CASH MONEY NOT ON NO LIMIT LEVEL

TRUE STORY

AND THERE NUMBERS BACK THAT UP
  • emanuel08
    emanuel08 Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    Options
    master p deserves his own behind the music

shame on you vh1 ..... shame on you

• Mr.Forte
    Options
    emanuel08 wrote: »

MASTER P DON'T GET THE RESPECT HE DESERVES

I WANT TO SEE A DUCUMENTARY ON NO LIMIT RECORDS AS A WHOLE THOUGH
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great Thread..

Mayne a doc..should be made on this dude success...I remember getting cds and the nga would have other albums that were coming out...promoting them muggs lol..that mercedes album cover...I would buy a cd just to see that cover lol...she didn't have to come out lol..just looking at the cover was good enough for me lol..but dude is a legend..nga scored a helluva 85% deal that ngas nowadays would never score...

Dude did the whole endorsement deal...he showed ngas in the rap game how to branch out and get money...movies and other deals..nga played for the Raptors lol..ngas must have forgotten that...opened up an agency business (the ? Jay-z is doing now)...nga can hate and say this and that, but P paved the way for ngas to eat....
  • emanuel08
    emanuel08 Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    emanuel08 wrote: »

MASTER P DON'T GET THE RESPECT HE DESERVES

I WANT TO SEE A DUCUMENTARY ON NO LIMIT RECORDS AS A WHOLE THOUGH

If tpain can get a behind the music than they needs to do one on p and no limit lol