More important? enjoying life or building a life

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Sanchez wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    i think people need to try to get to a balance....

to many people choose either or...when you dont have to.

you can build a life while enjoying it. it may take you longer to get to your end result but its worth it to smile along the way

? u made a thread enjoy life OR building a life.. we just followin the thread

? is going on

hey hey hey.....get ya toupe brushed down pimpin.

just adding my two cents.

i started the ? because of a convo i was involved in this morning...getting other points of view....
    mean ass rat
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Building a mansion or enjoying the mansion?

Building a mansion....

You can't enjoy what you haven't built.

Some live in the illusion of enjoying literal ? when they have built nothing of value.

So if you've been given a mansion you cannot enjoy it?

? you must be a depressed ? .

? outta here

Nothing of value is free in life.

You pay a price for everything.

False.

But even so if nothing is free in life, and you pay a price for everything.. why the ? couldnt you enjoy the mansion? Just cause you didnt build it?

You did pay for it right? Im just using your logic.

Let me break it down to you like this so you understand my thinking.

I've never been content the day I just become content is the day I'm dead.

I'm always thinking about progression and getting more.

Nobody in this world likes Louisiana Crude enough to just hand him anything other than his wife, mother, and father.

If someone just wants to give you something be leery of the them because there are probably alternate motives behind it.

There is a reason most of those lottery winners generally go broke after a few years.

There is a reason most athletes usually don't have much money after being retired 5 years or more look up the statistics.

When folks are handed ? they lose touch with reality and end up in a bind generally if they don't have a lot of self discipline.

This brings me back to your question yes I would enjoy the house but I wouldn't be content with it I'd be working my ass off trying to figure out how I could get some land and another house as well and how I could make more money.

Thats why we don't have wealth in the Black community now to many folks just "content and chilling" that ? breeds laziness.

I look at now and the long term.

I enjoy now but not at the expense the long term.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm flaggin the ? who quotes this...
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If one choose to "enjoy life", that doesn't mean one is lazy.
  • Crude_
    Options

If one chooses to build a life that doesn't mean one doesn't enjoy life.

• Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So its safe to say this thread is ? .. ? choose both.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There has to be BALANCE to both. that's the key. You can't just enjoy life w/o building it, cause when it comes to fall back, you won't be able to do so.

On the other hand, if you spending your life do nothing BUT building, how will you ever get to relax and not stress out all day?

Balance. They're both winning AND losing without the other. Tell them that.
  • VIBE
    Options
    I chose to build a life early on, but in that, I enjoyed life.

I think both go hand in hand. I enjoy what I have built. I would enjoy building my own mansion and enjoy living in it. Knowing what I've accomplished and where I came from is a great feeling.

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options

Ole "what came first, the chicken or the egg" ass ? ... The answer is obviously C
  • Crude_
    Options

Basically....

I more so posted my statements under the presumption of if I had to choose between the two.
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Options

Basically....

I more so posted my statements under the presumption of if I had to choose between the two.

Word i understand where you comin from.. Im pretty sure you enjoy life by building it and progressing..
  • VIBE
    Options
    CC_Poncho wrote: »

Ole "what came first, the chicken or the egg" ass ? ... The answer is obviously C

The egg.

So, basically, to enjoy life, you must build one.

Great Scott, Poncho, you've done it again.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

Basically....

well ? what if you had to choose...

ole not wanting to have dialouge ass ?
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Enjoying life >>>>. Who's to say you work your ass off during school. Get high level administration job work 6 days a week. No time to do things you enjoy. You do the same thing for 15 years and happen to go to work instead of chilling the same day terrorist decide to fly a plane into your building. Your dying wishing you could have done ? that made you happy.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    Enjoying life >>>>. Who's to say you work your ass off during school. Get high level administration job work 6 days a week. No time to do things you enjoy. You do the same thing for 15 years and happen to go to work instead of chilling the same day terrorist decide to fly a plane into your building. Your dying wishing you could have done ? that made you happy.

This is why you chose to do something you would like and not force yourself to do something you don't.
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Options
    this thread makes me want to beat up handicapped people.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »

This is why you chose to do something you would like and not force yourself to do something you don't.

most people dont so ? they like...they do ? that gives them a title or makes them alot of money
  • Crude_
    Options
    pralims wrote: »

Basically....

well ? what if you had to choose...

ole not wanting to have dialouge ass ?

I already stated I'd chose building a life.

You need to be telling these ? who don't like to read that.

I encourage dialogue.

Only problem is these ? attention spans are short if it's over 5 lines they aren't trying to read it much less think about it.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Life aint all about play, but its important to chill and enjoy life too, having good experiences so you can come back and do more great work.

And yo Its 2013, this whole idea of getting a "job" and climbing the corporate ladder is starting to seem kinda ancient. These "jobs" no matter how good they pay dont set u free, they trap u, and rarely do they allow you to think outside their ? box. u expected be a robot doing the same stuff, wash, rinse, repeat. You dont get to step outside your set script and 'try' stuff on many many of these "jobs". i rather do work in which i actually have a passion for it and is also important enough to be granted liberty to make judgments outside of a set script and get paid good for doing it. Even the radio rarely go outside the script and 'try' new music they keep playing the same thing over n over thats why ppl going crazy now.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buuuuut if you do it right

You're doing both

At the same damn time
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with either approach. They both found a way that works for them to reach the goals they want.
  • King_sorrow
    King_sorrow Members Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this quote sums up my opinion perfectly

"Man.
    Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.
    Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.
    And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
    the result being that he does not live in the present or the future;
    he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”-dalai lama

do what you love in life, We all die in the end anyway only to be forgotten or mentioned remotely in 50+ years.

Unless your goal is to leave behind some sort of legacy of riches for your family(most people don't anyway). then do whatever you desire rather it be working to get a masters and be the ? in your profession. or playing guitar on a new york city street for change.

I would much rather be the single zumba teacher though, that masters degree with the wife is gonna be in a world of hurt when she cheats on that ? with someone who has an associates and a 99 grandprix. then takes half his money, the house and somehow the kids but i digress.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    this quote sums up my opinion perfectly

"Man.
    Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.
    Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.
    And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
    the result being that he does not live in the present or the future;
    he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”-dalai lama

do what you love in life, We all die in the end anyway only to be forgotten or mentioned remotely in 50+ years.

Unless your goal is to leave behind some sort of legacy of riches for your family(most people don't anyway). then do whatever you desire rather it be working to get a masters and be the ? in your profession. or playing guitar on a new york city street for change.

I would much rather be the single zumba teacher though, that masters degree with the wife is gonna be in a world of hurt when she cheats on that ? with someone who has an associates and a 99 grandprix. then takes half his money, the house and somehow the kids but i digress.

damn...i hurting at the though of it...lol
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Enjoy building your life and you ? 2 birds with one stone
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Both of them built their lives and enjoyed it though.

1 just makes more money and is married. If this Zumba ? is making close to 6 figures, his life is built. I dont care what nobody says. If he loses his Zumba job, he should have more than enough money until he gets another job. Thats unless he's a ? .

the funny thing is..famu is banging out these chicks after zumba class all over the world and living a nice life..since all his travel is paid for already....he sits on most of his money. hes just happy an always smiling.

Pitt is more using his title to define who he is....everytime someone meet the guy...he says im such an such the senior so an so of said company.

when ever them two get into it...al ha can say to famu you..is" tell everybody what you do for a living" outside of that that are damn near equal except for the family an house