Cali heads...school me on LA

Options

Comments

• mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mohamed wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »
    ? be watching boyz n da hood n menace to society im in cali u can get ? up anywhere for wearing the wrong color...im talkn red,blue,tan,green,black

? ? the game up over there tho, I went to a sports bar with a Jordan "I Am Legend" shirt on and they told me I couldnt get in with it cause it was associated with a team. WTF? ? had to go buy a shirt at the Bubba Gump store just to get in smh.

Yo stew I work in alpharetta and stay in woodstock/ kennesaw area...I'm surburbaned out. Ha... After living in brooklyn I'm good with being the hood.

I'm trying to go to la but its with my white homie so I know we gone be in the nice areas haha

Man Alpharetta is the richest city in Georgia. I stayed up there when I first got here. Woodstock aint bad just not a lot to do, at least u close to Marietta. ? stayin in the hood bruh, that ? aint gonna do nothing but cause problems for you.

Yeah man....the good thing about woodstock is the minimal traffic but thats about it.

What's good and cheap to hit up in Atl? I go to lost dogs and dive bar on occassion.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    lechic wrote: »
    lounges

mom's bar - los angeles

pool side lounge -shangri-la -santa monica (where they had filmed white man can't jump)

the gaslite- karaoke bar- santa monica

harvelle's blues club- santa monica

club mirage- los angeles (west indie/ Caribbean club)

Lol whatchu know about moms?

my man and I go there at least once a month to drink n mingle. do u live in west la?

yea i live in west la. moms is my spot
  • big_chris67
    big_chris67 Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    BossBoo wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    You know they change the name of Fox Hills Mall.

damn.. to what?? and since when??

They call it the westfield mall but that ? will ALWAYS be the fox hills mall!!!!

• big_chris67
    big_chris67 Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If you look for ? you can go to the G/S Sports Bar on Manchester it's always fulla ? Mon-Sun you can go any day of the week and come up on a female.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lounges

mom's bar - los angeles

pool side lounge -shangri-la -santa monica (where they had filmed white man can't jump)

my man and I go there at least once a month to drink n mingle. do u live in west la?

have you ever been to south in santa monica for poker night?
  • BeardedFreak
    BeardedFreak Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've lived in LA for the last 15 years and this thread is mad funny to me, because I've been to all these spots frequently.…from dat ? ? in da hood to dat cracka ? in Santa Monica.

I disagree with that pretty big ? thang lechic. …people (? and crackas) are fascinated by hood life, especially if they only heard about or seen it on TV.…I bet the OP is curious about ? like Compton, Crenshaw, etc and wants to see for himself …even crackas do that ? when there on vacation …rolling through the hood screaming "we goin get shot" every 30 seconds…

It's not that serious, u can do both…
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fantastic Burgers on Santa Fe Ave & Wardlow Rd in Long Beach
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? talmbout Tam's? Scust
    MASTER BURGER!!! or Fred's Down Home Burgers on Slauson.
    Roscoes is coo but overrated. I'd still check it out.
    Thai food in Thai town.

LOL I still call that WestField Bullsit Foxhills.

Westside or OC is always nice, they got mad white folks.

Other parts of LA are rich in....culture. Among other things.

Tourists should stick to tourist ? . Beaches, Hollywood, and Disney Land.

• Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch the bright colors... this guy didnt and here are the results from last night
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/05/08/family-searching-for-answers-in-murder-of-college-student/

SOUTH LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — The family of a local college student who was gunned down Tuesday is searching for answers.

Keyonta Ansari, 22, was shot while getting out of his car at 54th and Van Ness in South Los Angeles about 8:30 a.m.

KCAL9′s Dave Lopez spoke with the man’s outraged and devastated family.

They insisted Ansari had no gang ties. Ansari was waiting for a friend to come out and play basketball, according to authorities.

“It still doesn’t feel like it’s real,” said his mother Theresa Jones.

His aunt Deborah Jones, said “Sitting in his car at 8:30 in the morning. Not bothering nobody … 8:30 in the morning? Who says, ‘I’m going to go ? someone at 8:30 in the morning?’ He didn’t bother nobody. He was the sweetest kid.”

One detective told Lopez it sounded like a case of mistaken identity.

Friend Jennifer Bent said Ansari was wearing a red hoodie. “And you don’t want to wear red around here,” she said.

Police say Ansari was shot twice by someone who got out of a light-colored sedan.

No one in the neighborhood wanted to go on camera but they told Lopez after Ansari was shot, they saw him get out of his car, stagger down the sidewalk and collapse.

All the while, they said the man with the gun was chasing him and the car that the suspect got out of was also driving slowly down the street.

Ansari’s grieving father repeated “Great kid, great kid,” while trying to choke back tears.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    been to la once...and i aint even really BEEN THERE BEEN THERE...i stayed one night at a friends house after a vegas trip and flew out a few hrs later. didnt get to see ?

but he took me to a place called hawkins burgers on imperial hwy next to some projects

best damn turkey burger i ever had in my life. they even sold 40 ounces of steel reserve in there lmao

nice black restaurant on some hood ? ..but was full of tourists lol

if i get back to la, im going back
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    been to la once...and i aint even really BEEN THERE BEEN THERE...i stayed one night at a friends house after a vegas trip and flew out a few hrs later. didnt get to see ?

but he took me to a place called hawkins burgers on imperial hwy next to some projects

best damn turkey burger i ever had in my life. they even sold 40 ounces of steel reserve in there lmao

nice black restaurant on some hood ? ..but was full of tourists lol

if i get back to la, im going back
    Right across from the Nickerson Gardens... around the corner from Taco Petes actually.

Yeah, thats a A1 burger spot right there...

Good to know you spent a few dollars in the black community during your short stay. That was all I suggested throughout this thread.

Peace

• Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Follow the white people.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, but seriously check out Gladstone's in Malibu (if you like seafood).
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall really trying to make la sound so scary. :(
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    lounges

mom's bar - los angeles

have you ever been to south in santa monica for poker night?

Nah never. Might check it out
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Go to Venice Beach at night. Its beautiful
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options