• Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Directly off of a cliff if possible.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    give it to canada and let them take over. i guarantee you it'd be running at tip top shape in no time.

Canadians are entirely too soft to run Detroit. Unfortunately Detroit has gone to "the game." You have to do to Detroit what was done to Gotham City during:

main-qimg-9ab736e5cb95329d5678ff08cf0e3fa4

and

nomansland.jpg
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drones and Judges.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Give them jobs, duh.
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    D town!

Detroit, not Dallas.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meh she didn't articulate it in the best possible manner...... but my Detroit people know the ? ? aint lying
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    same way they run Baghdad, armed marines at every corner
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D town!

its Mo town
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man im back in detroit for the summer and was on the eastside today by denby highschool and literally for about 4 blocks on one side of the street every house was abandoned and falling apart.

its so much work to be done but city officials cant seem to find a plan and work together too many people have their own agendas
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    man im back in detroit for the summer and was on the eastside today by denby highschool and literally for about 4 blocks on one side of the street every house was abandoned and falling apart.

its so much work to be done but city officials cant seem to find a plan and work together too many people have their own agendas

Very true. They are too selfish and corrupt to think about what's best for the people that voted them in. They have neglected the inner city for too long. Build from the inside out, not outside in. Downtown is better, but not good still.

I want the People Mover Demolished ASAP though.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D town!

Tha ? ???

It's "Tha D", not no ? "D Town".

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Let Eminem and Royce groom all the up and coming rappers. They'll fix that city in no time.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    Rex has a point. They people in charge are crooked themselves, so the entire system has to be gutted from Mayor down to the police.

As much ? as they talk about Kwame, noooooooooooobody was as crooked as Coleman Young (RIP). But, at the same time, he did do a lot for the city.
  • Ghost313
    Options
    Rex has a point. They people in charge are crooked themselves, so the entire system has to be gutted from Mayor down to the police.

As much ? as they talk about Kwame, noooooooooooobody was as crooked as Coleman Young (RIP). But, at the same time, he did do a lot for the city.

Coleman was THE Crook, and helped jump start the decline. People hate Kwame because he had so much potential and wasted it.
  • Ghost313
    Options
    I think Duggan may get elected, not sure how I feel about him.
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree man, my thing would by how do you complete this process without doing the same thing twice by putting newly appointed crooked officials in office? How do we keep these people from becoming corrupt?

Next right sizing has to be done, people in sparse areas will be given incentive to relocate.

I think they tried something like this in Southwest and them ? wasnt havin it. You got people who are stubborn as hell and dont wanna leave the block they been on for 50 yrs+, then it turns into a government vs. the people stigma that is ever so popular among minorities once things dont go their way completely. Of course, this solution is ideal, and Im for right sizing, ? I'll even go as far as sayin gentrification...but how do you get 100% of the people on board?

Education system has to be gutted. I will offer more vouchers for private schools until the public system is on par with them. I would like to give more young teachers with enthusiasm jobs as teachers. I want to diversify how we are taught and educated. Once we are able to, we will adopt the Japanese model of school systems. All schools will be uniformed. Science and Math and Grammar will be our core values. Black history will be incorporated year round.

This here is powerful. I couldnt agree more, I think the mass of our problems started here. When the education became lackluster, so did the parents, then the students, then those students became the parents then the cycle continued. I think you'd see a lot of opposition from some powerful people that would be against putting public school children in private schools with vouchers, especially expecting these students to decrease the magnet of these schools.

Demolish All the ? abandoned buildings and communities that were right sized. With this I am already jump started the employment process.

Again, all dope ass ideas, but the one thing they'd throw back is: How will we pay for this? I think community involvement would help alleviate that problem at least partially, then they could bring in city workers, contractors, etc. But this needs to be done desperately.

Recoup back taxes from building owners who haven't paid, and take back that property.

Solid idea, just hope they dont come up with excuses why they cant pay or not pay all of it. ? will see jail time off this one, for sure

Put mandatory action laws on anyone who buys commercial land. Upon buying it, you have to do something with it within 3years.

I agree, sad part is theyre doing it in the suburbs already, just not in Detroit city limits, ? keep gettin waivers, then reselling

Rezone parts of Southwest.

Fa sho, there's a lot of manufacturing dollars that can be made off of that land alone. Too much existing infrastructure to let go to waste

Lure a variety of jobs with low tax incentives.

I think in a grand scheme, this would happen after the city comes out of the amount of red ink its in. We're in the black too, but theyre afraid to even touch taxes because they wanna up them ? to solve problems. Maybe possible in a multi tier phase, idk

Expand police force.

True.

Go over various plans to remodel the city. Green energy, farming due to the vast amounts of land.

''

Restructure the balance and checks system for the mayor, eliminate city council.

My ? ! muthafuck the city council all together....so I can dig that.

Provide education and work incentive programs for citizens. Utilize our many Universities and Community Colleges with patnerships and scholarships to local schools starting in elementary.

Again, i think this would be grand, but it'll come down to funding. WSU had a program similar to this in the summer, but its no type of accreditation, just summer campish. Would take a lot of low paying "teacher" or "traching aid" jobs or volunteer work

Retrain, and hire or import more police officers.

Safety is a problem, had been for a long time, I have no clue what to do here

Unearth ? run,use it and the Detroit river for possible hydro energy solutions. With this you can raise the rates to the burbs, and there ain't ? they can do about it.

True, aint like they EVER been hurtin

Incorporate Highland Park into the city.

idk what this would, but I'd say ? it and add Hamtramck too

Rebuild our roads and sewer system.

This and a better mass transit system would help shape a lot Detroit's infrastructure. Business, schools, etc can all mold around it plus I think it'll make the city a better attraction for tourists, business and migrants.

Phase 1 complete. 9 more to go.

In 25 years I can Make Detroit into a World class city.

You definitely onto some ? man, I would write the Gov or somebody. I say ? too much so it probably wouldnt work out for me.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Downtown is gentrified as all hell. Its like two different cities. Downtown Detroit looks like Downtown Royal Oak most of the time.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Downtown is gentrified as all hell. Its like two different cities. Downtown Detroit looks like Downtown Royal Oak most of the time.

Honestly, they did what they had to do. The city was trying to attract new business to downtown Detroit. It had to get cleaned up in order for that to happen.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What Is There To Run? Abandoned Factories And Burned Out Homes Filled With Squatters? Pass