Why Do Down South Cats Like and Support Garbage Rappers?

Options

Comments

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tatted wrote: »
    Quit hatin the south (? c voice)

Sit yo ? down

• BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    He has a point when he implies the South doesn't support its "lyrical" rappers

Ion kno bout that fam Kast, Goodie, Bun, and J. Cole get shown plenty of love...

Outkast, Goodie Mob, and Bun B came from the era when you had to be good on the mic. J Cole blew up despite y'all trying y'all best to make him Little Brother status.

who is yall?
    and what you mean trying yall best?
    you act like ? are against the ?
    let me put it to you like this
    it's a ice cream place tucked away in a neighborhood called YOLO
    i ain't know the ? was there
    if i ain't know it was there then there is no possible way i was trying my best to not go there
    i ain't know it was there!
    that's how krit is
    nobody knows he's there
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Draped up, dripped out...Know what I'm talmbout...?
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paul Wall verse on the remix >>>>
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People should stop speaking on ? that they don't know about, and writing long ass essays isn't helping your point either if its still a bunch of ?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

Ion kno bout that fam Kast, Goodie, Bun, and J. Cole get shown plenty of love...

Outkast, Goodie Mob, and Bun B came from the era when you had to be good on the mic. J Cole blew up despite y'all trying y'all best to make him Little Brother status.

who is yall?
    if i ain't know it was there then there is no possible way i was trying my best to not go there
    that's how krit is
    nobody knows he's there

Y'all thought he was wack and even if cats thought he was ok he didn't get any support.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was actually giving this thread a chance until T/S said he was from The Bay Area.
  • BackInWhite
    Options

who is yall?
    that's how krit is
    nobody knows he's there

Y'all thought he was wack and even if cats thought he was ok he didn't get any support.

who the ? is yall?
    the whole south?
    the ? gotta be gettin some kinda support if he can consistently drop music
    how many hurricane chris mixtapes is comin out?
    krit still doin shows off old music and new music
    stop ? sayin yall cuz you don't know what you talkin about
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

who is yall?
    that's how krit is
    nobody knows he's there

? ...I live in SOUTH Carolina...As far as new rappers go, J. Cole has gotten the most regular play on the radio outchea outside of Drake and Wiz...All his singles stay in heavy rotation...Does that mean erbody gon buy his albums?...No, but his album sales weren't een bad at all....Cause he put out ? that the general public in southern hip hop ? with...How you gon say we don't support our own lyricists, when the general public in southerb hip hop requested his singles?...The general public in southern hip hop went to his shows?...The general public in southern hip hop gave a damn that Jay-Z signed a ? from ratchet ass Fayetteville?
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    ? that, these ? keep sayin "y'all"
    that ? irkin me
  • MrCrookedLetter
    Options
    How did J Cole not get support if the ? had a #1 album, had gold & platinum singles, and a gold album?

You need to be more specific with that yall ? , who the ? tried to make him Little Brother status, the ? made hit records and gold album like I said, LB didn't, smh ? just be talkin
  • mr.october
    mr.october Members Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread is asinine. How someone came up with this premise is crazy. Simple math. Most of this country's population lives in the southern east/midwest/west regions. Most rappers are therefore southern. Which means any rapper no matter where they from needs support from the south to be any kind of successful. So how do southerners not support any particular kind of rapper? Where's the proof? Plus y'all turned this into some regional debate. Some of y'all seemingly hate east coasters(mainly NY'ers) and some of y'all east coasters seem like you're hating. Just my 2cents.
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    you can give me a feelings reaction all you want, i don't care
    the fact of the matter is you ? keep alluding to this vague ass "y'all" as a reference for this incorrect ass point you're trying to make
    stop doing that
    you ? wanna insult an entire region's intelligence but don't have any proof to back it up other than "y'all don't support this, y'all tried to make him this, y'all support this, y'all said he was wack"
    or "i've been to the south and it's true. that 1 street i was on that 1 time for 4 minutes didn't have the ill cultural convo"
    or "i've visited the south and it's not as fast paced as NY city even though i've really actually only been to 5 places in the south and that was to visit my toothless kinfolks"
    you muhfuckas just keep sayin the most outlandish and ignorant ? but expect muhfuckas not to get irritated by it
    i guess that's my southern intelligence, or lack thereof, kicking in
    i'm so stupid instead of fighting ignorance with education and valid points i get agitated
    silly, southern me
  • jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Words can't describe how disappointed I am that even though these obvious "North vs South" threads are made each a every week, they still do #'s.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is wild, b.....27 pages and no productivity......Yo honestly do cats really care that much about wat these cats like and support.....I'll be the first to call ? wack, but could care less who likes it.....Those rappers wouldnt be all over the radio in other regions if only the south supported them......
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I was actually giving this thread a chance until T/S said he was from The Bay Area.

U look like Mr. Cre

? ya life bruh bruh n off yaself
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    Cee*

Damn auto Correct
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Lol I couldn't make it past page 3. I don't get the hate enjoy the music & shut up wit' who's lyrical who's pop it's music, enjoy the different styles, if it's wack don't listen, it's simple. I'm from NY I ? wit' 3-6, UGK, Brick Squad etc. other times I like my lyrical, witty, punchline rap, but I'll be damned if I'm in the club taking shots listening to Nas talk about his rhyme book so ? whoever said our hoes be in the club twerkin' to Big L Lmao
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why y'all saying we don't support our lyrical rappers (when we do)? The same argument can be said that y'all don't support y'all lyrical rappers. When was the last time Chino XL went gold? How many units did the last GZA album sell?
  • MrCrookedLetter
    Options
    How did J Cole not get support if the ? had a #1 album, had gold & platinum singles, and a gold album?

You need to be more specific with that yall ? , who the ? tried to make him Little Brother status, the ? made hit records and gold album like I said, LB didn't, smh ? just be talkin

@Jamaica don't skip over this ?
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall tryin to make sense in here. This an emotional outburst of frustration. Its nothin. The first thing i thought when i saw the title was "he mad." This never meant nothin.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    Options

@Jamaica don't skip over this ?

• runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    thats just disgusting
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

Alright since you want a response

I said y'all wasn't trying to support him. Let me be specific around 2010/2011 time when Cole was underground. Did southern radio give him consistent spins? He wasn't making music like Waka and Gucci. He was deemed boring by a lot of y'all. Look what happened to Lil Brother they made similar music like Cole but wasn't making commercial sounding southern music like Mike Jones at the time. But unlike Cole they weren't backed by Jay Z and Roc Nation with his connections. If Cole wasn't with Jay he'd be where Big Krit is right now.
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    this ? still saying y'all
    he gon tell a ? what's on the radio down here
    but you don't listen to the radio do you?
    shut up, dude