1075 vs. 137

Options
SixSickSins
SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
I really like the 'The Truth' commercials that broadcast how tobacco smoking can really mess up your health and that of those around you. Their latest commercial proffered two facts:
1075 vs. 137

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xRvVWPBcWaA

1,075 die everyday from tobacco usage. Conversely, 137 non-smokers die from secondhand smoke each day.

Of course one has a significantly larger number of deaths, but which do you feel is worse and why? Vote.

1075 vs. 137 30 votes

0%
100%
playmaker88damnkpjonoobnoxiouslyfresh700mryounggunillestni99ainneunspoken_respectMr.LVCainBussy_Getta StoneColdMikeyChuchkMister B.Young GunnerKingJamalTheIraqAristo_V300DMTxTHCSay What 30 votes

Comments

• SixSickSins
    Options
    I personally feel that the 137 non-smoker deaths are worse. Simply put, "They ain't even do nothin!".
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Second hand smoke is all fabricated ?
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smash on the t/s

Crackas aint ?
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a tough one Six but I do see why you went with 137.

I have lost family members to lung cancer directly related to smoking and second hand smoke. Both were tragic and painful to watch what the same disease did to them- even though one chose to smoke and one didn't.

People should view what smoking actually does to the body.
    I am sure you have seen lungs ravaged by the disease.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If a person wants to indulge in smoking, knowing the long term symptoms, so be it, but don't take someone down with you.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Putting yourself in danger is one thing, putting other people in danger is ? up.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Second hand smoke is all fabricated ?

It's really not though
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah 137 if they said its about drinking... those symptoms/consequences can be damn avoided barring getting hit by a ? driver
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder how many more, are dying from an excess of ? pollotants and chemicals in the air.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    id have to say 137, they died and they aint even get the newport pleasure

they should have started smoking
  • SixSickSins
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    id have to say 137, they died and they aint even get the newport pleasure

they should have started smoking

How do you feel knowing you play a hand in potentially killing a portion of those 137 people (or yourself) per day? Do you smoke around your children? What if it were them you were harming?

Options
    everybody gotta die one day

its not like not smokin or not bein around smoke gon make you live forever, so wat difference does it reallly make
  • SixSickSins
    edited May 2013
    Options

its not like not smokin or not bein around smoke gon make you live forever, so wat difference does it reallly make

The difference is time and health during that time. Would you rather live healthy to the extent of your lifespan or be suffering from painful lung disease which is beckoning Death to your bedside? Pretty easy choice imo.
    edited May 2013
    Options
    so wat you die wednesday instead of thurday

who really gives a ? , not me

evrybody be health nuts, and dont smoke and ?

you still gonna die, you could get hit by a ? bus tommorow, now they changin bus routes

in the end, people still gon die, nobody lives forever

nobody
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Options

The difference is time and health during that time. Would you rather live healthy to the extent of your lifespan or be suffering from painful lung disease which is beckoning Death to your bedside? Pretty easy choice imo.

? it, i had fun while it lasted
  • SixSickSins
    Options
    @Rahlow Share your views on secondhand smoke and why you feel it's fabricated...it's puzzling.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder how many more, are dying from an excess of ? pollotants and chemicals in the air.
    Yea cause cigarette smoke, is the only thing ? with our clean air.

Scratch that ...I wonder how many more are dying from malpractice in the pharmaceutical industry.
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you can read and you still smoke then ? your life..big ass warning label on the box and everything
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    137 if they're children. Neither if adults. YOu can leave if you smell smoke. or you can ask that the person put out their cig if you know it bothers you. I do it all the time. I dont allow smoking around me and Im not leaving if Im comfortable so that ? has to be put out...

1075 asked for it, I aint eeeem much mad.
    The first lady of my childhood church died from secondhand smoke, never smoked a day in her life but my pastor/her husband did.
    hold the ? on...

YOu mean to tell me when the offering plate came along you dug into your thong and pulled out your tips? Did you give 10 % of your dollar bills to Jesus ? ?

I just laughed out loud for real. BLack churches aint ? boy I tell ya. ? boys leading the choir. Prostitutes asking the Lord to bless them with more tips in the congregation.

"And Dear baby Jesus please deliver me from all things Washington and bless me with Jeffersons and Benjamins Jesus. And Father ? I ask you to twerk my ass how you intended it to be twerked Lord Jesus. And Father I ask that all my tips be crispy just in case I need to buy condoms out the machine Jesus. Going raw causes me to ask you for too many favors Lord ? and I know u sick of hearing from me. GAWD is GOOD...ALL DA TIME. YES HE IS! AMEN..."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFv-wUwF0WIejV3ed-Ig0n1CWkYWAiPzCL5NazMjPZWkU8gdgI

Owwww! Yes lawd!
  • SixSickSins
    Options
    so wat you die wednesday instead of thurday

who really gives a ? , not me

evrybody be health nuts, and dont smoke and ?

you still gonna die, you could get hit by a ? bus tommorow, now they changin bus routes

in the end, people still gon die, nobody lives forever

nobody

It's all simple quantitative statistics though; you're much more likely to die/have complications from being a smoker than get hit by a bus I'd wager.

Don't supplement the scenario. I want to see how you'd react in a controlled situation.

So answer: Would you stop smoking if it was discovered that your children were being severely harmed by your actions? Not smoking around them is not an option.

• SixSickSins
    Options
    Dialogue with a tobacco company chairman [smh]:

crawl_fact.jpg
    Options
    people die everyday from car wrecks yall ? still drive tho

people just pick and choose wtf they wanna be against