Why Do Down South Cats Like and Support Garbage Rappers?

Options

Comments

• Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Take care ya bizness!
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmfao @ dis thread dats been made multiple times still goin on wit supreme feelings AGAIN
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Im from the DMV and visited Atlanta this past wekend and it all makes sense. Them nggas get it in! Lol

I never heard 'turn up' so much in my life...but then the DJ came on and said some new ? :

"TURN DOWN FOR WHAT!?"

[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/wee-bey-oh-? .gif[/IMG]

BirthdayExcitement.gif

Lol Its party music and it gets nggas hype. I get it now.

turn down for what a Chicago thing.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread been made since I originally signed up in late '03 and everytime it does numbers and got people in their emotions. Just accept the fact certain rappers you might like suck @ rapping and KIM. Wackness isn't a matter of opinion.

That whole giving wack n*ggas passes, "let him get his money" type attitude has lowered the bar to the point any wack n*gga can get into the game if he has connections. The south's rise symbolized regression and even devaluation of the craft of an emcee. How many nice rappers from the south came out after the mid nineties other than Luda & TI, Cole, Krit and a few others? You can count them on one hand and for every nice rapper there's 10 wack ones.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    This thread been made since I originally signed up in late '03 and everytime it does numbers and got people in their emotions. Just accept the fact certain rappers you might like suck @ rapping and KIM. Wackness isn't a matter of opinion.

That whole giving wack n*ggas passes, "let him get his money" type attitude has lowered the bar to the point any wack n*gga can get into the game if he has connections. The south's rise symbolized regression and even devaluation of the craft of an emcee. How many nice rappers from the south came out after the mid nineties other than Luda & TI, Cole, Krit and a few others? You can count them on one hand and for every nice rapper there's 10 wack ones.

Difference is a unqualified bay ? made this punk ass thread
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    Boosie
    Jeezy
    Slim Thug
    Trae the Truth
    just to name a few who came out after the mid 90s and are nice
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree...and I'm a Southern ? .
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

? ? you talking about. I grew up in was born in San Pablo, grew up in Richmond and went to school there. I'm about as Bay as you can get. I just left this ? alone because these ? points of reference completely and totally skewed. They don't know what lyricism and originality in music is. To parapharse quote Rosebudd, explaining why Bay rappers are dope artists to these ? is like "explainin' astrophysics to a muthafuckin' whino." It's completely and utterly points. These ? will in one breath talk about how wack Bay artists and Eminem are, then praise Master P for his supposedly "classic albums." That's a conversation I can't not, and most of all will not engage in. ? is pointless. As a matter of I don't monitor what have been made on this message board, and I honestly thought this particular topic wouldn't get the response it did. I thought it would be done in two pages.

If anybody unqualified it's you because you haven't said a damn to defend the soil, it's as if to say your silence is acquiescence to these ? arguments in defense of their wack ass and ? artists.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Options
    Arkansas more like the Midwest.
    I went out there to meet fam n 96. I was only 10 but I remember a couple of cousins tryin to smash lol.

Dude where are u from?... U should definitely look @ a map the Arkansas is considered the south.. Its right above Louisiana and next to Mississippi and Tennessee

I unno. It's next to Missouri n ? . I look at it like the Midwest. It is in a grey area on the map. And I'm from the bay, but I live is Las Vegas.

You're from the Bay, yet you dissing Rex about being a Bay ? ?!

• Maximus Rex
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Arkansas more like the Midwest.
    I went out there to meet fam n 96. I was only 10 but I remember a couple of cousins tryin to smash lol.

Dude where are u from?... U should definitely look @ a map the Arkansas is considered the south.. Its right above Louisiana and next to Mississippi and Tennessee

I unno. It's next to Missouri n ? . I look at it like the Midwest. It is in a grey area on the map. And I'm from the bay, but I live is Las Vegas.

You're from the Bay, yet you dissing Rex about being a Bay ? ?!

I guess it's that "lack of unity," and "? in a barrel," mentality that's rearing it's ugly head on this broad, that my potnas back home are tellin me about which prevents ? out there from coming up.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    How are you gonna be a rapper and you can't even talk? How are you a rapper and on 90% of your tracks you talk slow, mumble, slur and chant? How are you having an on wax battle and you're incapable of spitting one clever, memorable line?

People can get emotional all they want but everybody knows a wack emcee's material will be played out fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws6-hOMNv5I

Who's still bumpin' this garbage? That joint got carried by the beat. That n*gga was just talking slow. Anybody could've done this. Every verse this n*gga spat in his life sounded like this. Since he came out he hasn't improved and why should he when these fans say sh*t like "let him get his money"? Because of that attitude of giving passes these wack n*ggas got no incentive to improve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poGBJr7h1sc

See the difference between real emcees and ex-drugdealers that found a new hustle? I used to f*ck with this sh*t heavy in late '99. Cool Breeze was my sh*t. Dungeon Fam was my sh*t.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited May 2013
    Options
    How are you gonna be a rapper and you can't even talk? How are you a rapper and on 90% of your tracks you talk slow, mumble, slur and chant? How are you having an on wax battle and you're incapable of spitting one clever, memorable line?

People can get emotional all they want but everybody knows a wack emcee's material will be played out fast.

Who's still bumpin' this garbage? That joint got carried by the beat. That n*gga was just talking slow. Anybody could've done this. Every verse this n*gga spat in his life sounded like this. Since he came out he hasn't improved and why should he when these fans say sh*t like "let him get his money"? Because of that attitude of giving passes these wack n*ggas got no incentive to improve.

See the difference between real emcees and ex-drugdealers that found a new hustle? I used to f*ck with this sh*t heavy in late '99. Cool Breeze was my sh*t. Dungeon Fam was my sh*t.

You basically said it: Ex-drug dealers finding a legal new hustle.

It's like this:

The real reason they'll support this because they are (maybe) what Shawty Lo used to do: making illegal money. Even though Shawty Lo never really had the gift or talent to be considered a true emcee (battling, spitting one clever line) the fact that he got out of the negative element that could put him in jail for years by doing something like making rap music, even though he's not good at it is championed by the dudes that support this..because it's that life, that real ? they're accustomed to.

And to add to the fact, where do most drug dealers hang out the most after spending hours in the trap? The club.
    So the sounds (the beat), the reactions of the peeps in the clubs when it comes on is embedded in them and that's first hand to them when doing the music.

Being a lyrical beast isn't the first thing that comes to mind.

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's like this:

The real reason they'll support this because they are (maybe) what Shawty Lo used to do: making illegal money. Even though Shawty Lo never really had the gift or talent to be considered a true emcee (battling, spitting one clever line) the fact that he got out of the negative element that could put him in jail for years by doing something like making rap music, even though he's not good at it is championed by the dudes that support this..because it's that life, that real ? they're accustomed to.

And to add to the fact, where do most drug dealers hang out the most after spending hours in the trap? The club.
    So the sounds (the beat), the reactions of the peeps in the clubs when it comes on is embedded in them and that's first hand to them when doing the music.

Real ? . You said what I was hinting in my long ass post. Exactly why the South so steadfastly supports dboy and hood ? .

Exactly why this is so prevalent in the South and not as bad in other regions? I dont know. But its one those things where yeah its great ? are getting legit money and got out the trap and all......but ? mane some artistic pride and true passion for the craft (as loosely defined as the "craft" is) would be great.
  • Muhannad
    Options

It's like this:

I see what you're saying and I agree but that is exactly why the bar is lowered to a point any derelict non rappin' a*s n*gga can get in the game. In what world should people support anyone who ain't good at what he does? Let's make a comparison. If a drugdealer decided to go legit and be a grocer and he sold nothing but rotten fruit and garbage, should people support him just because he found him a new way to make his money and while treating that sh*t like a hustle?

I understand these hustlers taking advantage of the bar being lowered to the point they can come in and make easy money, but as long as they put out garbage heads will call 'em out for it.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited May 2013
    Options

It's like this:

I see what you're saying and I agree but that is exactly why the bar is lowered to a point any derelict non rappin' a*s n*gga can get in the game. In what world should people support anyone who ain't good at what he does? Let's make a comparison. If a drugdealer decided to go legit and be a grocer and he sold nothing but rotten fruit and garbage, should people support him just because he found him a new way to make his money and while treating that sh*t like a hustle?

I understand these hustlers taking advantage of the bar being lowered to the point they can come in and make easy money, but as long as they put out garbage heads will call 'em out for it.

I feel you...nothing's wrong with that (call ? out on the garbage music.)

That's the whole point because they'll either do two things: Step their game up or get the ? out.

But you gotta realize most of these dudes never grew up in that "Hip Hop" mindstate, like knowing and understanding the mechanics of lyricism, double/triple entendres, beat sampling, learning from the masters like Rakim, Kane, Kool G etc. or knowing the histories of the culture. They're hustlers/business first and that's all they know.

I know it's ? up but...it's really nothing me or you can't do about it. Just don't support it if it's not your cup of tea, even though there are some guilty pleasures.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited May 2013
    Options

It's like this:

Real ? . You said what I was hinting in my long ass post. Exactly why the South so steadfastly supports dboy and hood ? .

Exactly why this is so prevalent in the South and not as bad in other regions? I dont know. But its one those things where yeah its great ? are getting legit money and got out the trap and all......but ? mane some artistic pride and true passion for the craft (as loosely defined as the "craft" is) would be great.

I agree with you and INB4 someone says "artistic pride" is subjective which is the IC's favorite word nowadays.

I guess @SwampNigga doesn't agree with me. You have a rebuttal instead of pushing those emotional buttons?
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stupid people like stupid ? .
    simple as that
  • Muhannad
    Options
    @ Disciplined InSight. I agree 90% and think you partially answered the question the t/s was asking. I think another factor is the infiority complex some southern fans have. They'll willingly support garbage out of some kind of inferiority complex. Check my posts a few pages back.

When Nas dropped Hip Hop is Dead alot of these 'hustlers' took offence and got emotional, just like we've seen in this thread. If they were really hustlers they wouldn't care about how heads perceive their music and wouldn't take offence since Nas didn't specifically called out any region.

Another thing that hasn't been touched on in this thread enough is how some of these n*ggas embrace their ignorance. They wear their ignorance on their sleave like a badge of honour. Shawty Lo is cool and all but he bragged about his rapsheet and he ain't the only one. You will hear these n*ggas bragging about their rapsheets and any thing non-rap related before you'll hear 'em bragging about their lyrics.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Options
    Let's look at Jay-Z for instance. He was a drug dealer from Marcy Projects yet he hung around and studied lyrically superior talent in his rise (Kane, Jaz, Biggie)...for the fact he started off rapping fast he drastically improved to the point his name is always brought up when it comes to the upper echelon of emcee greats. He raps about his past often, brags about it but does it with skill.

T.I. (which I consider Jay's Southern counterpart) he was a drug dealer from Bankhead...he raps about his past as well brags about it but does it with skill. I'm not sure who's has influences are (possibly 8-Ball and MJG, UGK, N.W.A.(look at "Dopeman") and possibly some East Coast legends..but nevertheless his raps has a quality someone who studied the mechanics of lyricism.

It's all good rapping about that life, that real ? , but some ? know in their own good that they don't suppose to be rapping because they're not good at it..but they'll do it anyway to go legit.

• HaHaEySmashed
    HaHaEySmashed Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Options
    southern ? have been ? with garbage ass NY music for decades.when you listen to alot of NY music now you want to throw the ? up.I dont see why I even listened to NY music back in the day.I guess that was the only music playing on the airwaves.The only music i liked back then from NY were Biggie,Jayz,Busta Rhymes & Nas.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Options
    southern ? have been ? with garbage ass NY music for decades.when you listen to alot of NY music now you want to throw the ? up.I dont see why I even listened to NY music back in the day.I guess that was the only music playing on the airwaves.The only music i liked back then from NY were Biggie,Jayz,Busta Rhymes & Nas.

Name names of "garbage ass NY music" for decades...
  • Turfaholic
    Options

? ? you talking about. I grew up in was born in San Pablo, grew up in Richmond and went to school there. I'm about as Bay as you can get. I just left this ? alone because these ? points of reference completely and totally skewed. They don't know what lyricism and originality in music is. To parapharse quote Rosebudd, explaining why Bay rappers are dope artists to these ? is like "explainin' astrophysics to a muthafuckin' whino." It's completely and utterly points. These ? will in one breath talk about how wack Bay artists and Eminem are, then praise Master P for his supposedly "classic albums." That's a conversation I can't not, and most of all will not engage in. ? is pointless. As a matter of I don't monitor what have been made on this message board, and I honestly thought this particular topic wouldn't get the response it did. I thought it would be done in two pages.

If anybody unqualified it's you because you haven't said a damn to defend the soil, it's as if to say your silence is acquiescence to these ? arguments in defense of their wack ass and ? artwets.

I been defending the turf with a couple about 5 years now. We did it so well nobody disrespected mac Dre. You show up and it all.goes out the window. I could post some Dre ? that would change people mind about him. You just reinforced the stereotype.
    I've put ? on Erk. Philthy Rich as well as Shady Nate. Don't come here with that 2003 hyphy ? .
  • Muhannad
    Options
    This is either a poor attempt at trolling or a serious case of feelings caught or a combination of both.

• Turfaholic
    Options
    Add j Stalin to that list
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    I think another factor is the infiority complex some southern fans have. They'll willingly support garbage out of some kind of inferiority complex. Check my posts a few pages back.

Explain the ^^^^. Why would Southerns have an "inferiority complex," when they made some of greatest and most influential contributions to rap? How can you have an inferiority complex when OutKast, The Geto Boys, 8Ball and MJG, UGK, Devin and yes (to a certain extent,) Ca$h Money have come out of your region. Out the fifteen albums that got 5 mics upon their initial release three were from Southern artists, Kast, Face, and Bun B. The Geto Boys Grip It! On That Other Level and Face's The Diary were later upgraded to a 5 mic rating. So why these ? would have an inferiority complex is beyond me. It seem like they would have a "guilty conscious," for liking the ? the like if anything.