Options
    Nah you don't get it b

No U don't get it dunny
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Lol @ this guy flagging me

Future said Lil Wayne Helped Bring Light To Emmett Till In POSITIVE Way!!!

The ? said "Beat the ? up like Emmett Till" How the ? is that positive?

And quit that sensitive false flagging ?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is sad.
    Seems like some of u posters r just as dumb as future.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Empress_ wrote: »
    People need to learn their history

And Lil Wayne songs is a great place to start.
    Every journey begins with a first step, regardless where the first step is had

• NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is there to understand? Ya'll ? all up in arms about future pointing out the fact the line did have some good come from it..

If kendrick lamar or some other rapper outside of the trap rap genre said it, ya'll would be in here ? riding and patting fam on the back..

Like I said, ya'll ? find reasons to throw salt and shade..petty ?

If the line was never said, Emmit Till would continue to be unknown to majority of todays youth and this thread wouldn't have existed..

So uummm yeah some of the posters here are just as dumb as future
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, that's one way to spin it.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Chi Snow
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Lol @ this guy flagging me

Future said Lil Wayne Helped Bring Light To Emmett Till In POSITIVE Way!!!

The ? said "Beat the ? up like Emmett Till" How the ? is that positive?

And quit that sensitive false flagging ?
    regardless if it was meant to be positive or not, the effect has been positive

How many ppl talking about Mr. Till b/c of Wayne, and now Future?

You yourself are educating ppl because of the stupidity of Future, is this not positive?

and if it is, hasn't the lyric served a far greater purpose than it's initial intent?
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    he tellin the truth tho

i kno a lot of lil ? who didnt kno who the ? emmit till was till all this controversy started
    that just shows the type of ppl you associate with aren't very bright. As a Black American, if you aren't even somewhat familiar with who he was, then that's a problem. You cant even blame schools for not teaching you. That's your fault..
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really don't think those mufucka's are human let alone black. they all claim they martians or some ? and they constantly refer to their chevy's , donks or whatever as space ships.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's wrong with reading and all the cognitive improvements it does on the brain? I swear I can put a million dollars in a book and I know it will never get touched by ? .
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Es-Bee wrote: »
    i had no clue who Emmit Till was til Kanye said "On the plane scared as hell that giy look like Emitt Till", googled the name and bam i knew his story

No diss but if yall saw a dude on Worldstar getting whooped by 4 white dudes & not fighting back, this day & age the first thing yall gone say is "that ? got his ass beat" think about it, and be honest..so maybe Wayne was just tryna connect with his audience by educating thru negativity

gotdamit emit till wasn't jumped by teenagers. he was kidnapped from his uncles home by men twice his age beatin within an inch of his life shot in his head and tied to a cotton gin and thrown in a river. did you see what he looked like in his coffin. damn man your anology is off like a motha ? . you lil ? nowadays don't know ? . what did they teach you in school man? there is no excuse for those lyrics and he got away with too much as it is . "beat it like a cop" "whip it like a slave" . he needs to finish building that space ship he said he was working on in that pick the world up b.s from a couple of years ago and fly the ? away from here for real.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we acting like the fans heard Emmett till in the verse, had a enlightenment, went to goggle and researched? Yea ? right...if it was some new drug or whip then yea.

But far as his listeners gaining historical knowledge from lil Wayne? U gots to be kidding me
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    So we acting like the fans heard Emmett till in the verse, had a enlightenment, went to goggle and researched? Yea ? right...if it was some new drug or whip then yea.

But far as his listeners gaining historical knowledge from lil Wayne? U gots to be kidding me
    My point was the backlash that occured bcuz of the line..

The drama had folks computers putin'...but u can't act like u never heard some ? in a song and googled it b..just about every person with a desire for knowledge has done so..

I think the problem with this thread is folks are so busy throwin salt on future and wayne that they are missing his point..
  • Chi Snow
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

You ? 's stay down playing the average Wayne fan, or hip hop fan for that matter, as idiots that stay @ they moms house and do nothing all day but pop pills or get high

a fan, might have not had the thought to research ET before but with all attention it's been getting I bet money the search for him as spiked

• MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Emmett-Till.jpg

^^^^^^^
    You turn this into...

emmett-till-pbs.jpg

There's nothing positive about that lyric it was fulla ? and yall know it
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol@"I need to research just how aggressively he is beating up the ? "...
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you listening to lil Wayne, you not listening to him for historical knowledge. If a ? is listening to KRS 1, he expects that. Meaning, they heard that line and think nothing of it. They not going to bother looking it up. The only way knowledge comes about is through the voice of the Till family. Also if Wayne had some self respect, he wouldn't even include his name in his raps. Especially with comments of not wanting another dark baby.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Given the result of Emmitts face, Maybe Wayne's rhyme is subliminally tellin' us that he really likes to ? ugly hoes?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the Till's hadn't said anything, the people that hadn't heard of the kid still wouldn't know him I bet. Wayne ain't out here trying to educate nobody. That ? just trying to sell records. Only reason the kids name was mentioned was because it rhymed.
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't say "positive" but the this non sense did make some people aware of who Emmit Till was and why people are so offended by the line. I know a lot of people that didn't know who he was prior to this.