Wayne Brady to Bill Maher: "I will beat your ass in Public"

Options

Comments

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Feelings are caught when you get offended by something.

End of story.

Not when you want to be like.

I catch feelings when people say women are oppressed

I'm sorry....could you translate that for me?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    This thread went to hell
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread went to hell

It dont make sense goin to heaven with the goody goodies
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He said some real ? , but he doesn't need to sit there and act like he didn't cheese it up for that white people money. I ain't mad at him, but come on Wayne.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wayne did catch feelings but I respect the fact that he didn't back down and took offense to that BS Bill said. At least he has respect in who and what he is.
    Only thing better than him saying what he said was the fact that he hasn't had the chance to test Bill's mettle and see him talk slick in person.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feels don't invalidate truth nor do they signify a loss.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »

Sometimes they do
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Feelings are caught when you get offended by something.

End of story.

Not when you want to be like.

I catch feelings when people say women are oppressed

I'm sorry....could you translate that for me?

*What

I apologize.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    1of1 wrote: »

Sometimes they do

1. On the internet at times

2. If you're playing "the first one to feel loses"

Otherwise, feels can possibly lead to a loss. They don't necessarily guarantee a loss.

You can catch feelings and continue to spit pure facts in an emotional way...or you can let your feelings take you to another place.

You can have no feelings and still get your nose broken, chin tapped, or life taken.

• sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    You've all got caught up in this whole "catching feelings" ? and have lost Wayne Brady's larger point, which is that Bill Maher has this stereotypical image of black people being ignorant in his mind and thinks that judging all black people against that standard is an acceptable exercise by him b/c he's had sex with a couple black women.

Seems to me like Wayne Brady is inferring that Bill Maher is a bigot or at least a closet racist for his attitude towards black people and somehow thinking he can bare a standard for what it means to be "black".

I wouldn't disagree with Wayne Brady on that point either.

Bill Maher is, afterall, a white privileged atheist jew who has never had an issue with stereotyping and using racist language against everyone who doesn't think or behave the way he does.

For a self-proclaimed liberal, he's awefully hateful and ignorant when any debate on his show gets into any complexities that he can't just whiff off with "it's b/c Muslims are evil" before switching topics.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave Chappelle alluded to him acting white in his skit by having him act like he was some kind of gangbanger and now he's made bc someone else thinks he acts white? I don't get it he should've gotten mad at Mooney when he said Wayne Brady makes Bryant Gumble look like Malcolm X.

Now because a white mans talking about him he wants to act hard... Wayne Brady is being a ? .
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Dave Chappelle alluded to him acting white in his skit by having him act like he was some kind of gangbanger and now he's made bc someone else thinks he acts white? I don't get it he should've gotten mad at Mooney when he said Wayne Brady makes Bryant Gumble look like Malcolm X.

Now because a white mans talking about him he wants to act hard... Wayne Brady is being a ? .

U ? he was mad at Paul Mooney for that, but he was ASKED about Maher in this clip

U mofos in here I swear smh
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »

U ? he was mad at Paul Mooney for that, but he was ASKED about Maher in this clip

Damn... Sorry I made you cry Wayne Brady tears....
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »

Damn... Sorry I made you cry Wayne Brady tears....

Since I corrected u, u think i'm crying

Ok lol
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm pretty sure the a derivative point of that skit was that Wayne Brady only acts white in front of the camera, and isn't really what you perceive him to be.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    welcome back home Wayne. His Hood pass is coming in the mail,within the next 3-10 days
    #StayTrillMyFriends
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *insert camron u mad meme*

Brady jealous Maher gets more love from blacks then he's ever had....
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    This thread went to hell

It dont make sense goin to heaven with the goody goodies

dressed in white I like black timbs and black hoodies

• BlackxChild
    Options
    sully wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the a derivative point of that skit was that Wayne Brady only acts white in front of the camera, and isn't really what you perceive him to be.

Exactly it's about someone making fun of how white he acts... Didnt I just post that? He's made fun of all the time for the way he acts. The skit is making fun of how he acts and there playing around like he's a gangsta outside of how he acts in public (meaning they're making fun of him) I thought that was Wayne Brady laughing at himself yet he decides to get mad when Bill Maher has something to say about the way he acts.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm ? ' all them broads in the background
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bill Maher continues to make wimps catch feelings.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can tell who still to this day do not get that skit that happened 9 years ago.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    catching feelings - when one gets flustered and feel personally insulted because of a general statement that may or may not have been directed at them.
    legit beef - speaking down on someone by USING THEIR NAME specifically

I can tell why some of you are on the internet, in real life people probably pull your punk card on the regular, call you a ? to your face, ? ya ? , and slap the baby teeth out ya son mouth and you like "nope, I'm not eeen gone look at her, I'm not trying to be catching feelings today. That's ya'll out here lookin like sissies." The type to watch ya moms get bead down and not do ? because that would be catchin feeling.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

You can tell who still to this day do not get that skit that happened 9 years ago.

Everyone gets that skit.... What's there not to get....
    The guy acts like a cornball on his game show talk show, and Chapelle made a skit where Wayne Brady is taking him through the hood and its been to funny and its just making fun of him by saying he's not a cornball and he's a gangsta outside the show but we see him as a cornball everywhere else... That doesn't mean he isn't a cornball outside the show.