Why Do Down South Cats Like and Support Garbage Rappers?

Options

Comments

• A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    @BlackGerald

You are so right.

Midwest has no distinct sound.

Lupe, Common, Kanye, Em and Royce sound Eastcoast

Chief Keef, Nelly and Yung Berg sound southern.

That's why I wasn't mad at my friend for saying "Nelly's a Down south version of LL"

That's so stupid I pray it's sarcasm....I praaaaaayyyyy....
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Dude said Yung Berg sound Southern. On what?
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lotta dudes from Chicago have roots in Mississsippi. Yall use that "he sounds East Coast" ? too loosely, everytime someone lyrical comes up yall say that ? . I've even heard ? say TI sounds East Coast...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CC_Poncho wrote: »
    Lotta dudes from Chicago have roots in Mississsippi. Yall use that "he sounds East Coast" ? too loosely, everytime someone lyrical comes up yall say that ? . I've even heard ? say TI sounds East Coast...

so Common doesn't have an east coast style? lol
  • Billy_Poncho
    Options

Where in my post did you see Common?
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

Where in my post did you see Common?

because im assuming you're talking about me since im the one who mentioned he had an east coast style
  • Billy_Poncho
    Options
    ? it, we'll go wit Common. What makes him East Coast? Being conscious?
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common does not havs a east coast sound.

Does he sound like Mobb Sleep, or Wu Tang, or even Jay-Z/Nas?
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Common does not havs a east coast sound.

Does he sound like Mobb Sleep, or Wu Tang, or even Jay-Z/Nas?

bingo, along with guys like Fu Schnikens and Das EFX that influenced his earlier style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5btqEdt6gU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf5S_F_5QOA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXBbYqjsKLo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXwY4AaqBHk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah0x9nbLM-0
    Back in '94 they call me Chi-town's Nas
    Now them ? know I'm one of Chi-town's gods

• killaguwop
    killaguwop Members Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this thread turned to an issue about blacks in the south ignorant cuz they live with some ignorant rednicks which is true. while northern ? lived with intellectual anglo saxons who ain't primitive like them southern farmers and ? . also northern ? lived with hispanics,italians and jews and chinese which you can see the influence in their lifestyle like ex: jay-z and wu-tang.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would be nice to hit the beach. Make some moves then a drive down to the coast would be nice. This time of year and all. One good thing about Florida, easy access to the beach. Here in north Ga its about a 4 hour drive to the coast. Not too much.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    lmao this thread still goin on. if ? spend jut as much energy in their lives and raising they families as they did in this 32 plus page threat ? ? would be allot more successful.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    lmao this thread still goin on. if ? spend jut as much energy in their lives and raising they families as they did in this 32 plus page threat ? ? would be allot more successful.

Im shocked. So this hasnt been a productive and intelligent discussion about a real and important issue? Only backwards frustrated idiots waste time doing things like region hating?
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    Yall ? with hot sauce on ya hot pocket?

My main from Miami...She looked at me crazy when I put hot mustard on a pickle...And she was amaaaaazed when we went and got fried pickles from Zaxby's...
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't know why people are surprised because these threads have always done numbers. If you feel this is a waste of time, why not take part in threads that you feel are more constructive?

@Monizzle. Ain't you the one that's involved in these back & forths with these YMCMB groupies? No disrespect but if so you got hella nerve talking about how people are wasting their time...
  • killaguwop
    Options
    east coast music was a message and a movement against that black man is a ? defined as a lazy and hungry and dumb man who wants to ? all white fat women.southern music is the anti of this ? . i mean ? pop molly so they can ? white hoez. ? used to sell blow and never put that ? in their nose.
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    killaguwop wrote: »
    east coast music was a message and a movement against that black man is a ? defined as a lazy and hungry and dumb man who wants to ? all white fat women.southern music is the anti of this ? . i mean ? pop molly so they can ? white hoez. ? used to sell blow and never put that ? in their nose.

Now...You knew this would look stupid fore you een hit post...Why y'all doin this to ya selves...?
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    c.b.b. wrote: »
    Lupe, Kanye, and Common definitely don't rhyme east coast.

yeah they do, and their biggest influences are all east coast, especially Lupe and COmmon
    Chi Town and Cleveland had their own style with Toung Twisting mixed with harmonizing in the mid 90's. Look at Twista, Do Or Die, Bone, Shawnna, Crucial Conflict, Cap-1, ? Drama, etc

that comes from the south
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    ^^ That's not true...

what original sound is their for any Midwest city

St. Louis, for one, had their own style of production prior to Nelly ever blowing...His ? was different...Kansas City had their own style of production...Most Detroit rap had this soulful grittiness to it that was unique to them, not just NY cloning...But what I meant mostly was that different midwestern cities have their own slang and sound they relate to, een if they do guck with erbody...

nah, St Louis's "sound" comes from the South,

KC idk, enlighten me

Detroit: nah, their underground soulful sound comes from the East Coast

i don't even know what guck with erbody means lmao

Midwestern cities tend to be melting pots of sounds

st. louis most deff have our own sound of music...

but even different cities from every spot has they own sound..

does New York rap sound like Philly?

does Miami rap sound like New Orleans

does L.A rap sound like the bay area?

st. louis rap has a unique bounce to it (our party ? )

im clearly not talking about the east, south, or west and to the bolded yes

Common has some east coast influences in his style, but no one would consider his flow "east coast".

And the midwest toungue twisting did not come from the south. That was a style that the midwest created.

Chicago & Cleveland may have southern influences, but did not take their style from the south.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    killaguwop wrote: »

I know drug use is everywhere and in every neighborhood,
    but Yo I never seen so many black folks sniffing coke until I came to the South..
    I was at a bar and seen a dude get clowned for walking up and asking to buy weed..

? was like...

"WEED...???, ? IS YOU DOING BUYING WEED??, ? Its 2012 you need to try coke.."

? was hilarious and sad at the same damn time..
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Come to think of it @killaguwop is onto something. It's like some of these n*ggas tricking, simping, being a customer, being a non rapping wack 'miss me with that rapsh*t' n*gga, uneducated, slurring, not being able to express yourself in your first language n*gga cool.

With that said you had joints like these oldschool n*ggas like Whodini didn't rap about being dopefiends. Ain't like Wu n*ggas wasn't rapping about being dustheads. Wasn't like Prodigy wasn't talking 'bout "abusing all kinds of drugs" in that introlude.
  • killaguwop
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Come to think of it @killaguwop is onto something. It's like some of these n*ggas tricking, simping, being a customer, being a non rapping wack 'miss me with that rapsh*t' n*gga, uneducated, slurring, not being able to express yourself in your first language n*gga cool.

With that said you had joints like these oldschool n*ggas like Whodini didn't rap about being dopefiends. Ain't like Wu n*ggas wasn't rapping about being dustheads. Wasn't like Prodigy wasn't talking 'bout "abusing all kinds of drugs" in that introlude.

i was talking about the public enemy days. when hiphop was the red,green and black flag. then it became about ? rhyming with clever lyrics showing that black people are intelligent spiritual people just like the music talib kweli makes. hiphop on the east coast slapped westcoast gangsta rap with the mafioso sub genre and they were influenced by these people and they had their support like the wu clan were connected to the gambino family
    in staten island. and also if you listened to wu-tang they weren't glorifying these things they were telling the world that they lived that life but at the same time they were telling the kids stay away from guns and drugs if you listened to the wu forever double LP you will know that wu-tang is for the kids.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Don't know why people are surprised because these threads have always done numbers. If you feel this is a waste of time, why not take part in threads that you feel are more constructive?

@Monizzle. Ain't you the one that's involved in these back & forths with these YMCMB groupies? No disrespect but if so you got hella nerve talking about how people are wasting their time...

The difference between the ymcmb trolling back and forth and this ? is yall actually expect to convert lost souls to think like you think. 32 pages later how did that go? Occasional clowning and joking back and forth not expecting ? to actually change is one thing. But 50% of ? trolling and 50% of ? actually being dead serious don't do ? . Post 1 ymcmb vs. normal ? debate that went 32 pages over 3 weeks and you have a point.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Lupe, Kanye, and Common definitely don't rhyme east coast.

yeah they do, and their biggest influences are all east coast, especially Lupe and COmmon
    Chi Town and Cleveland had their own style with Toung Twisting mixed with harmonizing in the mid 90's. Look at Twista, Do Or Die, Bone, Shawnna, Crucial Conflict, Cap-1, ? Drama, etc

that comes from the south
    ^^ That's not true...

what original sound is their for any Midwest city

St. Louis, for one, had their own style of production prior to Nelly ever blowing...His ? was different...Kansas City had their own style of production...Most Detroit rap had this soulful grittiness to it that was unique to them, not just NY cloning...But what I meant mostly was that different midwestern cities have their own slang and sound they relate to, een if they do guck with erbody...

nah, St Louis's "sound" comes from the South,

KC idk, enlighten me

Detroit: nah, their underground soulful sound comes from the East Coast

i don't even know what guck with erbody means lmao

Midwestern cities tend to be melting pots of sounds

st. louis most deff have our own sound of music...

but even different cities from every spot has they own sound..

does New York rap sound like Philly?

does Miami rap sound like New Orleans

does L.A rap sound like the bay area?

st. louis rap has a unique bounce to it (our party ? )

im clearly not talking about the east, south, or west and to the bolded yes

Common has some east coast influences in his style, but no one would consider his flow "east coast".

And the midwest toungue twisting did not come from the south. That was a style that the midwest created.

Chicago & Cleveland may have southern influences, but did not take their style from the south.

Common's flow is directly east coast influenced (Das EFX, Nas etc)

And I'm pretty sure the melodic/tongue twisting comes from the South (Memphis, Texas etc)
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    do yall white supremacy uncle tom ass ? even believe the ? yall be sayin

yall really just makin yall self look stupid

im now convinced that half a you muthafuckas is white boys in disguise like h-rap used to say

• BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is revenge for that broke new yorker thread they made in GnS
    OP is 47.jpg