The Official Battle Thread 2k13 (every single battle, every single day)

Options

Comments

• A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Far as I'm concerned...Hollow has never been sober in a battle...Especially not vs Verb, lol....
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow's rebuttals tho.

He will still lose
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top Cat wrote: »
    Goodz said him,rex,or clips could beat lux

Thoughts?

Lux does admit that Res beat him off cam so Rex has the ability, but Lux has gotten even better while rex has just perfected what he been doing IMO.That would be a blood bath and would make since for both of them
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Goodz said him,rex,or clips could beat lux

Thoughts?

Lux does admit that Res beat him off cam so Rex has the ability, but Lux has gotten even better while rex has just perfected what he been doing IMO.That would be a blood bath and would make since for both of them

Personally...Ion feel like Rex was "better" than old Lux in the Cal battle...He just did what he needed to do to show he was more seasoned...However, the ? had better verses on his 106 battles...
  • A1000MILES
    Options
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Rex got bodied so many times.

FOH
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its funny how nobody believe conceited guns bars but ? will goat rex when he talk about shooting or fighting like he aint been checked

? big up a rapper for one thing only to discredit another for the same thing.

I lnow off top con aint no goon but i be damned if i believe rex out chea smacking ? kufis off
  • ohhhla
    Options
    No one is seeing Lux.

I'm sorry.

Do you see how nice he was back in '03 against Mook?

And he has gotten significantly better.
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    No one is seeing Lux.

I'm sorry.

Not really...What did he really say in that Cal battle that was better than his old bars...All I can say is he improved his delivery/performance...But back in the day, Lux had soooooooo many bars that went over ? heads, een in the 106 battles...
  • Trollio
    Options
    Lux vs miles>>lux vs cal

2 different tactics

He couldnt talk that way to a grown man,only a young ?

Thats why x factor lost to clips,what u go tell a ? damn near yo age

You lecture the youngins but outbar the old heads

Thats y x lost to goodz and o red
    But he talked that ? to rich dolarz, cortez, surf, and dna

Only person his angle worked against was verb n that was cuz of the midwest unity ?

Lux go have outrap and perform hollow
  • ohhhla
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    No one is seeing Lux.

I'm sorry.

Not really...What did he really say in that Cal battle that was better than his old bars...All I can say is he improved his delivery/performance...But back in the day, Lux had soooooooo many bars that went over ? heads, een in the 106 battles...

You're right but his syllables and his filler bars gotten much better.

Arsonal is the second when it comes to Filler bars, imo.

• ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lux vs miles>>lux vs cal

2 different tactics

He couldnt talk that way to a grown man,only a young ?

Thats why x factor lost to clips,what u go tell a ? damn near yo age

You lecture the youngins but outbar the old heads

Thats y x lost to goodz and o red
    But he talked that ? to rich dolarz, cortez, surf, and dna

Only person his angle worked against was verb n that was cuz of the midwest unity ?

Lux go have outrap and perform hollow

whats ? up is half the time they dont even be knowing what lux talking bout but still be cheering for him so he might win just cuz he like jordan to them ? in NY but personally i think hollow would give him a run for his money if he came with his A game
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lux is gonna be more intricate with his bars, but I also expect him to be very wordy and take time to get to the punches.

The way he came out swinging against Miles is how I'd like to see him approach it but he seems to be in a zone where he's writing long ass verses that display his wordplay and lyricism at length before getting to the punch. I ain't mad at that b/c of how nice Lux is, but that could leave room for Hollow to be more succinct and land a lot of punches. Hollow can be real funny at times too so that will be a factor.

Smh @ this probably happening after the whole summer has basically passed.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Lux is gonna be more intricate with his bars, but I also expect him to be very wordy and take time to get to the punches.

The way he came out swinging against Miles is how I'd like to see him approach it but he seems to be in a zone where he's writing long ass verses that display his wordplay and lyricism at length before getting to the punch. I ain't mad at that b/c of how nice Lux is, but that could leave room for Hollow to be more succinct and land a lot of punches. Hollow can be real funny at times too so that will be a factor.

Smh @ this probably happening after the whole summer has basically passed.

Hollow is my favorite battle rapper along with Big T, Charlie Clips and Arsonal.

I think Hollow will give him a run for his money but I think Lux with outsmart and outperform him.
  • victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well said @1of1

Lux will most likely win, but it won't be devastating like the Calicoe battle. My dude got slapped up, and Lux tried to pick him up with so much love and care LMAO!

I think this battle will show that Hollow is not to be ? with at least, and Lux...well nobody will even bother with him. (besides Aye Verb running his mouth, lol).
  • Trollio
    Options
    Lux is that ? u tell everybody u would beat up if it happens then when he wanna fight u you try to resolve iy
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    69adbd4e7ee311e282e022000a1fbc68_7.jpg
    Smack is putting together French Montana's ? City DVD that's dropping with his debut album on May21st, and it's gonna have the Conceited/Yung Ill battle, along with extra features from battles.

Source:http://www.the-coli.com/battle-zone/95501-yung-ill-vs-conceited-battle-dropping-french-montanas-dvd.html#.UZPF2HDR6EA
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant wait till that bootleg drops. I aint buying no french montana ?
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trying to feed off the battle audience to gain sells.... Pitiful.
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lux has seemed to take his time.. take a limb from limb approach to his bars and I ? wit it.. can't wait for these 2 to battle
  • Trollio
    Options
    I be watching alot of battle reviews and ? be biased as ?

they give credit to 1 battlerer for one thing only to discredit the next ? for the same thing

i remember that unbiasreview dude was discussing the verb vs hitman battle
    he said verb lost a certain round cuz he was talking about stl stuff and if you not from there, you wouldnt understand

the battle was between 2 stl rappers...wait for it...in STL

how u go take away from verb cuz he was talking about stl stuff but give other ? passes for it when they do it all the time

example calicoe vs ars
    cal had detroit all in his raps but didnt say ? then

another example math vs verb
    math was at home and was talking that brooklyn ? yet he didnt say ?

? gets old

• Trollio
    Options
    another thing was ? got people winning based on their swag, when the ? swag win a battle?

? said all bill collector had to do was swag on suge and he would've won
    ? are you serious?

bill is a circus act and he gets boring after the first 4 bars, he just like tech 9

suge out rapped that ? and bullied him, swag wasnt go help a ? without rapping

if you watch a battle and give ? wins based on his swag then you a groupie rap fan and you the reason ? like mook charging 20k for boring ass performances.

To win a battle, you basically need performance and bars
    you can add in wordplay, schemes, jokes, and etc if you like but you need those main 2 components

examples of performance without bars
    tech 9 vs dna
    tech 9 vs bill collector

examples of bars without performance
    nuborn vs calicoe
    big t vs clips
    heartless vs suge

examples of both
    big t vs hitman
    clips vs tay rock
    x factor vs dna
    lux vs miles
    conceited vs surf
    verb vs hitman
    jc vs chilla
    ill vs rex

? need to have a better gameplan, it pays off to be well rounded in battle rap a la hollow
    if battle rap was a video game hollow would be the ? you could play with blindly and pretty much win

bring more to the table then just rapping and sounding like a freestyle
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow gon die at SM3
  • Trollio
    Options
    scrapper1 wrote: »
    Hollow gon die at SM3

he not go die, he just go be more entertaining then lux cuz he go rebuttal that deep ? lux spit and make a joke out of it

its go be a match and i know both of them prepared to die before they give up
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hollow gonna catch an L unfortunately....IF Lux brings his A-Game. In NYC, 2 fan favorites, ? should be Ill as ? , hopefully no one will ruin it.

Mook (who I don't even like) also needs to battle on that SM3 card, I'm talking about a REAL opponent this time. Somebody the crowd won't ? on off rip.
This discussion has been closed.