J.Cole Born Sinner (6.18)

Options

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Where is the promotion for this album? Please don't say that boring ass single with Miguel because that ain't nothing but a nobody's perfect part 2. I don't see the fruits of creativity he always trying to sickly brag about. All he raps about is ? college ? . He is nothing but a light skinned version of wale now. They share the same content. J cole has done nothing to prove himself as an elite mc. His wordplay is average at best. He drops no knowledge. Spoiling milk has more personality than him. I get tired of this ? acting like he some elite mc that's doing something different. I ain't never heard a j cole track that made me want to play it all day like I did for Jay Z when he was on his second album. He can do what he do but he need to chill with the creative talk. He said all this ? on sideline story. You can't match up sideline story with no goat debut album without laughing.

what album really gets allot of promo in 2013? Wayne aint een promote his album outside of getting a seizure. I mean i could see cole get a case of re-vitiligo like uncle ruckus to get press to sell albums. Look at french hannah montana outside the IC and international is his album really getting promo anywhere? Same with a legend like TIP who dropped an album last year which again didn't get much promo. A$ap rocky didn't really promote his album in January it just kinda dropped.

The point is in 2013 in the social media age albums aren't really promoted like they used to. Stans know when the album coming out via twitter or facebook which is free promo (for the most part). These lablel's in general not just pROCrastiNATION aren't blowing as much money on promo anymore. In 2013 if you truly care about legally purchasing an album you can find the release date on a smart phone or laptop in 4 seconds which is the same amount of time it takes you to realize in the topic that it says J cole or Jay-Z then you copy and paste a previously written titainagraph.

Anybody gonna read all this? I'm not.

Lmfao I'm in class dying...
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J Cole, a set of horns and a halo
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Options
    $22 tho? This waffle colored ? lost his mind.
    ? might be going back to that post office, him and his mama, if he don't lower that price.
    But in his defense you do get 21 songs valued at a dollar each.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only sin this ? boy ever committed is dropping his wack ass music.....
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Never been a Kanye fan or heard any of his albums but this ? about to get slayed. The weirdo cult of marble mouth if just too strong to go against. He should just stay focused on finally being seen with Jay-Z in public and hope he could get exposure from the publicity at this point.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Options
    He doesn't really need "exposure". These rappers fanbases are truly underestimated.
    When Cole and K Dot dropped their debuts ? on here couldn't fathom how well they did or why they did it.
    when your ? is good you don't need a gimmick to propel you, the music will speak for itself.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Same ? who's ? about the price, weren't gonna cop the album, even if it was 10 green backs.
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Never been a Kanye fan or heard any of his albums

how does one live without hearing ANY of Ye's album?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Never been a Kanye fan or heard any of his albums

how does one live without hearing ANY of Ye's album?

I've survived just fine. I've tried to listen to his first 3 when they were overrated all over the place back in like 06-07 and could only leave it at a handful of songs at most. That ? 's voice really grinds my gears and makes listening to his songs pretty unbearable & his lyricism is nothing to write home about. Great producer though.

• idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The standard cover is dope as ? . The second one is cool, but somewhat bland. Im buyin the standard version, gotta save money to buy yeezus too.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? this 2 ? having paragraph battle
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Options
    Imma buy it because it's a deal but $22 ain't going to give him his debut numbers because ? is cheap.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    22 tracks of audio anesthesia.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol he saw that New Slaves performance and knew he couldn't compete.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

? u know u gonna be bobbin ya head.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

? u know u gonna be bobbin ya head.

excatly bitter b listens to everything

word to his quote from the biased posters thread
    It's like some people are slow. Do you know what the word "biased" means? Call me a hater, say what you want. But one thing I'm not when it comes to hip hop is biased. All my friends call me crazy because they're like "Damn, I've never heard a artist who Buttuh don't like at least a couple songs of . You got EVERYBODY in your iTunes."
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pretty sure new zealand dollars aren't the same as american dollars..
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last meeting at the label office

Cole: Listen I want my album to drop on June 18th! Thats my lucky day yall.

Executives: Yea that aint gonna happen bruh
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    new zealand dollar>>>>us dollar a us dollar is worth .8152 cents in new zealand
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and I'm pretty sure he's still dropping on the 18th in the US. This must just be an overseas date.

The captions on his instagram pics of the covers say June 18th

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    i merged now im stickying...
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $22 is a lot but if it's worth it I don't see the problem. Like bawse said most of y'all that won't buy it for 22 wouldn't buy it for 10. ? will spend $180 dollars on shoes every 2 weeks but can't buy albums smfh
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Yall are ? , of course he won't out sell Ye but competing with Ye is crossover promo. It will motivate his fanbase and probably grab some of Kanyes fans