The Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Finals (The 2013 NBA Champs The Miami Heat)

Options

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To be honest, the knicks have another scorer. Chris copeland.
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White ppl were going crazy downtown...white females are getting ? tonight...

I bet they were, I just got back south from being up north and them fools was going crazy, somebody catching a DUI tonight

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chi-guy wrote: »
    White ppl were going crazy downtown...white females are getting ? tonight...

I bet they were, I just got back south from being up north and them fools was going crazy, somebody catching a DUI tonight

i dont live too far from the UC so i see it all
  • Dr. Stitch
    Dr. Stitch Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems like melo want that instant success...i kno he's gettin older be i haven't heard about him speakin on improvin team chemistry and improvin on intangibles...no, melo says they need another scorer smh some of his teammates should feel some kind of way...idk
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    After further review I have realized that Wade didn't even ? travel...We got cheated, especially since Battier hit the 3. It's cool...Game 5 will be epic...

basketballwadetravelqcu4m.gif

I'm bullshittin, he traveled....Should've landed on 2 feet...
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reggie Bullock
    SF North Carolina
    Junior6-7200

Pick acquired from Memphis: Bullock didn't exactly receive a ringing endorsement from Tar Heels coach Roy Williams, who said recently that he was more worried about Bullock going to the NBA than any of the 11 other players who left early under Williams. But Bullock can shoot from deep -- something Minnesota sorely needs after hitting an NBA-worst 30.5 percent from three-point range this season -- and rebounds well for his position. If new president Flip Saunders fears losing restricted free-agent center Nikola Pekovic, massive French center Mouhammadou Jaiteh could be considered.

Glen Rice Jr.
    SF Georgia Tech
    22 years old6-6211

With Andre Iguodala considering opting out of the final year of his contract and Danilo Gallinari likely out for the early part of next season with a knee injury, Rice is a solid pick. After a checkered career at Georgia Tech that ended in a dismissal from the team last year, Rice thrived in one season in the D-League, averaging 25 points and 9.5 rebounds for Rio Grande in the playoffs. More important, he stayed out of trouble, a fact that has not gone unnoticed by NBA executives.

Tony Mitchell
    PF North Texas
    Sophomore6-9236

It's tough to get a read on what direction the Spurs will go here. They could opt for a raw international talent such as Greece's Giannis Adetokunbo or France's Mouhammadou Jaiteh, someone they could stash overseas for a year or two years like Manu Ginobili, Tiago Splitter or Luis Scola. Or they could opt for someone who can play right away. Mitchell doesn't fit the Spurs' mold -- he admitted he didn't always play hard last year at North Texas -- but he is a 6-9, 236-pound man-child with undeniable inside-out skills and tantalizing talent (he compares himself to Denver's Kenneth Faried). Those abilities could make him worth the risk.

Tony Snell
    SG New Mexico
    Junior6-7198

The hunt for a replacement for James Harden continues. Snell is a rangy 2-guard with decent offensive skills and the physical tools to be a solid defender. His three-point shooting steadily improved over three years at New Mexico, topping out at 39 percent last season. Providence's Ricky Ledo, who dazzled scouts with his shooting potential at the combine, is another option here, as is Kentucky's Archie Goodwin.

C.J. Leslie
    SF/PF North Carolina State
    Junior6-9209

Pick acquired from Miami: New GM Ryan McDonough has a sharp eye for talent -- as an assistant GM in Boston he was a strong advocate for the Celtics drafting Avery Bradley in 2010 and acquiring Rajon Rono in a draft-night trade in 2006 -- and he will need that eye here. The Suns have holes everywhere, so position isn't really relevant. Leslie battled inconsistency at NC State, and there are questions about his attitude and work ethic. But he is a tremendous athlete -- he ran a 3.1 in the three-quarter-court sprint at the combine, second only to point guard Shane Larkin -- and showcased a versatile game in college

Good lookin out

• Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Brandon Jennings/Rondo would be perfect fits for Indy. They should try and move Granger/draft picks for one of those guys this offseason.

Man.. I think Rajon Rondo would make the Pacers a favorite...

Favorite for what? They wouldn't even win the central division wit rondo

Stop being biased.. If that lineup stays healthy.. They would become a favorite automatically. They have arguably the best defense in basketball right now.. Their offense is the issue.. And a true Point Guard like Rajon Rondo would fix that offense. How could you stop that with Rondo running the point with Athletic wings like Stephenson and George who will only get better.. Then you are anchored by Hibbert and West.. Obviously this is all on paper talk.. But it looks damn good on paper.. You gotta admit that..

Favorite for WHAT? To win the east or win the championship? and no they wouldn't

West is a free agent this summer and he goin to the set.The pacers would be better but not good enough to beat the bulls or heat

You people are forgetting the bulls will be bacc next year and we run Indy just like we run new yawk

Ain't nobody worried about the Bulls..y'all got exposed along with your scary ass superstar and even when y'all were healthy, you got that ass beat...foh

How they get exposed and when healthy they beat the Pacers ass

When we had JUST put that team together? What's your excuse for gettin skunked by the Heat?

What's indiana excuse for not winning an nba title ever? It's been 40 years dun.You the knicks of the midwest shut da fucc up

Pacers are 3-10 vs the bulls(when healthy) in the last 3 seasons.It took rose being out to finally win a season series nobody gives a fucc about them hicks we run em[/quote]

You ? couldn't even run Philly so ? outta here. And we didnt have Granger most of the season, so shut the ? up with that ? too. We'll see next season but for now sit ya ? ass on the couch with Rose and watch my team compete for the Finals.
  • Apoptosis
    Apoptosis Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    Why the ? are bulls fans trying to talk ? , yall need to calm down and sit with the rest of the knocked out teams
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brandon Jennings/Rondo would be perfect fits for Indy. They should try and move Granger/draft picks for one of those guys this offseason.

Man.. I think Rajon Rondo would make the Pacers a favorite...

Favorite for what? They wouldn't even win the central division wit rondo

Stop being biased.. If that lineup stays healthy.. They would become a favorite automatically. They have arguably the best defense in basketball right now.. Their offense is the issue.. And a true Point Guard like Rajon Rondo would fix that offense. How could you stop that with Rondo running the point with Athletic wings like Stephenson and George who will only get better.. Then you are anchored by Hibbert and West.. Obviously this is all on paper talk.. But it looks damn good on paper.. You gotta admit that..

Favorite for WHAT? To win the east or win the championship? and no they wouldn't

West is a free agent this summer and he goin to the set.The pacers would be better but not good enough to beat the bulls or heat

You people are forgetting the bulls will be bacc next year and we run Indy just like we run new yawk

Ain't nobody worried about the Bulls..y'all got exposed along with your scary ass superstar and even when y'all were healthy, you got that ass beat...foh

How they get exposed and when healthy they beat the Pacers ass

When we had JUST put that team together? What's your excuse for gettin skunked by the Heat?

What's indiana excuse for not winning an nba title ever? It's been 40 years dun.You the knicks of the midwest shut da fucc up

Pacers are 3-10 vs the bulls(when healthy) in the last 3 seasons.It took rose being out to finally win a season series nobody gives a fucc about them hicks we run em

You ? couldn't even run Philly so ? outta here. And we didnt have Granger most of the season, so shut the ? up with that ? too. We'll see next season but for now sit ya ? ass on the couch with Rose and watch my team compete for the Finals.[/quote]

The bulls won't be in contention for a title for a long time. They had their little 90's run, it was cute and all but it's over. Cubs will contend for a title before the bulls do.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    You ? couldn't even run Philly so ? outta here. And we didnt have Granger most of the season, so shut the ? up with that ? too. We'll see next season but for now sit ya ? ass on the couch with Rose and watch my team compete for the Finals.
    Lol @ the bolded.This clown is all over the place your posts are trash
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Melo demanded a trade to the knicks now he wants another scorer and they have no dough

As long as lebron in the east he'll never win a title he may as well opt out next summer and go bacc to the west.I wouldn't be surprised if he went to the lakers
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    even Bill simmons is finally callin out cp3 aka the regular season assassin.........

There's a subtle balance between "I have to trust my teammates and build up their confidence" and "We're gonna lose unless I take over" — something that Isiah Thomas mastered completely during Detroit's five-year run from 1987 to 1991 — that Chris Paul never totally found in New Orleans or Los Angeles. He might be this generation's Oscar Robertson — someone so demanding/intimidating/relentless that teammates practically cower around him. Well, Oscar never made the Finals until much later in his career, when he crossed paths with Kareem in Milwaukee. Should we read anything into the fact that, in eight years, Chris Paul has never played in a conference finals? Or that he's 16-24 in the playoffs? It's a fair question, right? For the life of me, I can't understand why Paul and Blake Griffin don't get along, or why two straight Clipper postseasons COMPLETELY self-combusted. Even factoring in the Vinny Del ? Effect, it's still a little strange — you shouldn't keep self-combusting when you have one of the league's best players.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's see if wade and bose decide to stop being a roleplayers tonight
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Melo needs to leave when he a free agent and go 2 Brooklyn or Pacers (maybe bulls??) if he wants a legit shot 2 even make it 2 the finals
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Expecting a good game tonight...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    This Clippers team was just put together sometimes it takes awhile to find the right group of guys that work. I think they'll be alright. Blake needs to improve his fundamentals in order to become a more well rounded player.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    even Bill simmons is finally callin out cp3 aka the regular season assassin.........

There's a subtle balance between "I have to trust my teammates and build up their confidence" and "We're gonna lose unless I take over" — something that Isiah Thomas mastered completely during Detroit's five-year run from 1987 to 1991 — that Chris Paul never totally found in New Orleans or Los Angeles. He might be this generation's Oscar Robertson — someone so demanding/intimidating/relentless that teammates practically cower around him. Well, Oscar never made the Finals until much later in his career, when he crossed paths with Kareem in Milwaukee. Should we read anything into the fact that, in eight years, Chris Paul has never played in a conference finals? Or that he's 16-24 in the playoffs? It's a fair question, right? For the life of me, I can't understand why Paul and Blake Griffin don't get along, or why two straight Clipper postseasons COMPLETELY self-combusted. Even factoring in the Vinny Del ? Effect, it's still a little strange — you shouldn't keep self-combusting when you have one of the league's best players.

even bill simmons is callin out memphis for still being shook by the MLK shooting

I didn’t realize the effect [the MLK shooting] had on that city…I think from people we talk to and stuff we’ve read, the shooting kind of set the tone with how the city thinks about stuff. We were at Game 3. Great crowd, they fall behind, and the whole crowd got tense. It was like, 'Oh no, something bad's gonna happen.' And I think it starts from that shooting.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joseph Goodman ‏@JoeGoodmanJr

LeBron, David West and Lance Stephenson all fined $5,000 for flopping in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals.

What about them ? ass refs, did they get fined for that pitiful performance?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

LeBron, David West and Lance Stephenson all fined $5,000 for flopping in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals.

KYS
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

are nba refs regularly fined for questionable/bad calls?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

Even if they do fine the refs it won't be made public anyway.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »

are nba refs regularly fined for questionable/bad calls?

I don't think they do, league wouldn't undermine their authority or admit to having ? refs anyways.

Only time i've seen them admit some ? is when they suspended Crawford for the Duncan ? and that's because it was public and blatant.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5k..is that the fine cost...? should be higher IMO..