• TimeToParty
    TimeToParty Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    purpngold wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    ? got macklemore and rihanna all over their playlist and wanna talk about real hip hop smh

Macklemore put out 2 Dope singles

Stop Hating

His flow on the "cant hold us" song is ? awful

his flow is dope, you just racist as can be bruh and cant stand a white man out rapping 75% of the rap game right now. That ? mackle on a whole different level of rap right now, He out here spittin the truth about real ? that has nothing to do with the white man ? the black man up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvDQy53eldY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVBg7_08n0
    lol at this ? , I just said that I didn't like the song, nothing to do with him being white.

yeah ? had it been jay or kanye you would be fanboyin the ? outta that song.
    ? got macklemore and rihanna all over their playlist and wanna talk about real hip hop smh

macklemore is the top lyricist in the game right now ? , LYRICIST. This ? is a ? lyricist and should be appreciated much more then a little wayne. How the ? you gonna compare rihanna to macklemore? What because that ? knows how to make a ? hit? His entire catalog has dope lyrical ? on it and here you are biased as ? because the ? put out a ? thrift shop single. Yeah you a racist ass ? who aint got no ear for real hiphop so quit with your ? ?

the ? all the way out of here. Stop acting like it's because he's white. People on here ? wit action bronson heavy and what the ? is he? Don't catch feelings because people ain't ? w/ your fav rapper. He's not a wack rapper but both his singles wack IMO.

people ? with bronson cuz hes a ? making ? music. The difference here is because this dude is pale white and doesnt put on a fake face hes classified as garbage by most people on this forum. the two singles he has put out are both better then actions entire catalog
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stop Hating

his flow is dope, you just racist as can be bruh and cant stand a white man out rapping 75% of the rap game right now. That ? mackle on a whole different level of rap right now, He out here spittin the truth about real ? that has nothing to do with the white man ? the black man up.

lol at this ? , I just said that I didn't like the song, nothing to do with him being white.

macklemore is the top lyricist in the game right now ? , LYRICIST. This ? is a ? lyricist and should be appreciated much more then a little wayne. How the ? you gonna compare rihanna to macklemore? What because that ? knows how to make a ? hit? His entire catalog has dope lyrical ? on it and here you are biased as ? because the ? put out a ? thrift shop single. Yeah you a racist ass ? who aint got no ear for real hiphop so quit with your ? ?

the ? all the way out of here. Stop acting like it's because he's white. People on here ? wit action bronson heavy and what the ? is he? Don't catch feelings because people ain't ? w/ your fav rapper. He's not a wack rapper but both his singles wack IMO.

people ? with bronson cuz hes a ? making ? music. The difference here is because this dude is pale white and doesnt put on a fake face hes classified as garbage by most people on this forum. the two singles he has put out are both better then actions entire catalog

Stop Hating

Stop Hating

slow down b
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stop Hating

Exactly, there are good white rappers so race isn't really a factor. All I said was the two singles macklemore dropped weren't dope and this ? got upset and brought race into it
  • TimeToParty
    Options

Stop Hating

Stop Hating

Stop Hating

slow down b

put me on to some of that fat ? . I've yet to listen to anything as nice as mackles catalog from bronson.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    But dawg ... I feel what you saying ... But macklemore sold 80k BEFORE he got all that radio play .... His songs were just hit records ... Other artist need to do the same ... What Joey badass track should be getting radio play right now? Honestly?

I swear I never knew what a Macklemore was until I went down to Florida last month. Then a week after my trip Hot97 started playing his music. I'm not sure where he's from but I can bet that his home state played his music first then he started crossing over all over the country.

When you listen to Thrift Shop you don't view it as a urban radio record or you might say that the song won't even connect. My point is that you can't assume any song won't be a hit until you play it first. Give the song a fighting chance, don't just dismiss it because it doesn't sound like something that can be played in strip clubs. Joey is from NY and over the course of the past year he's dropped critically acclaimed mixtapes, performed on late night television. Worked with pioneers like Pete Rock and Primo and even rapped on the BET cyper at the BET hip hop awards. I mean what more must he do to prove that he's worthy enough to get spins. At least Flex is doing his part the rest of the station needs to follow his lead.

Nothing wrong with playing 2 Chainz, Future, Lil Wayne etc. But at the end of the day show support to artists from your region. Help them get to where Wayne is right now.

This isn't just a guessing game tho bro .... That's what your not acknowledging ... It's not just a matter of "you don't know what will happen until you try it" there's certain qualifiers that you can look at not only sonically but statistically that will better guide you on whether a song has hit potential and if its worth taking a chance on ... When I look at a dude tht just sold 80k records independent first week has a top iTunes downloaded track has sold out shows across the country it's not really unreasonable as a program director to think this dudes music which is already catchy and radio friendly may have a large audience that could be tapped into and lead to more ratings ... I mean I doubt ? like Ebro are just throwing ? again te wall and hoping it sticks ...this ? is more than like researched ... I'm just saying not everybody is made for the mainstream radio bruh but that's ok some artist don't want that and don't try to make music for that audience ... Look at a dude like kanye ... He makes unbelievable music but also balances it out so that it's commercially viable that's not a bad thing either ... Artist gotta just bring more of tht attitude to their product

Like I said when you listen I a dude like Joey badass do you really hear a dude that has ? for mainstream radio in any compacity? Or Action Bronson? I love those dudes music but they ain't even trying for radio bruh (sans strictly for my jeeps)

I'm glad you mention research. Do you realize that research can be skewed? It depends on the people they researched the song with. Ask a certain type of people and I doubt 2 Chainz even gets played on the radio. Why should artists need to conform their sound in the first place? It isn't like Kanye is purposefully making "radio friendly music" that's the music he feels like making and it happens to crossover. Hot97 has means to do their own "research" on certain records and that's through mixshows.

You can't "skew" 80k getting sold indie first week bro ... I'm sorry ...

Firstly dont misunderstand what im saying tho .... no artist HAS to "conform" their sound ..... however if you want your music to appeal to a wide ranging audience then yes it makes sense for Artist to adjust their sound because there are certain qualities in music that people have always responded to ... This ? isn't new ... Why do you think there's a million love songs in all genres? People identify with the subject matter and it works ... Why do you think songs have choruses? It's because their catchy and they leave the listener with something to identify/remember the song/artist by ... Now if you don't want to do these things that's cool but don't be surprised that people are not running to request those other kinds of tracks on national radio either

And trust bruh you have got to be real naive to think an artist like kanye hasn't at one point shot to the radio in fact I know he has because when late registration was coming out he was talking about how the whole concept of "good music" (the label) being focused on making "pop"ular music "good" again ... In fact he said the term "pop" music isn't a bad thing as Michael Jackson was "pop" but he made quality pop records that the general public could ? with ...like the whole concept isn't new I was listening to combat jack and they were explaing how the fugees album "the score" was on the shelf until they linked with Salam Remi and he flipped some old samples and out comes "fu-gee-la" lead single then boom they blow up ... Same thing puff did with BiG ... Like you can be a good artist all you want but you have to make music that's accessible bruh...

Now with all this being said ... I'm not posturing for ALL radio stations ... Because some of these places just don't give a ? at all ... My whole thing is simply that Ebro made some good points in this instance regarding hot97 specifically ...
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »
    CirocObama wrote: »
    My original point still stands though. Hot 97 can play all the Lil Wayne, Future and 2 Chainz that they want. But the key imo is putting certain artists on during their mix shows to give them some publicity can help make stars out of NY rappers.

But they do tho but once again nobody listens/cares. I don't see the Breakfast Club playing no mix shows of no super talented MC & they're located in NY as well. To them it's about gaining the youth audience which is why they speak like kids with the HS/twitter lingo, act like kids to snatch that demo up. Same thing Hot 97 does but in a different way.

The difference is Hot 97 still has better & more in-depth interviews (imo) vs. just comedy relief or "what entertaining thing is Charlamagne gonna say". They also have Juan Epstein which is a straight up hip-hop/the OG Combat Jack show. Then they have a bunch of mix shows with Flex, Mister Cee, Peter Rosenberg & etc., who listens tho?

So when people say Breakfast Club is better i just laugh. I like some of their interviews as well but if you (people in general) gonna hold up a standard then be consistant. Breakfast club is more for the kids & the current social media generation.

Stile the words right outta my mouth .... Especially with the juan esptein ? and the late night with Rosenberg ? ... They offer some things for the "real" hiphop listeners that other stations don't ... I know they damn sure dont offer these things at my local radio station ...

And breakfast club is just for giggles ... They had killer mike in and this ? envy was over there talking about "so mike when you going to drop some new material" and this ? mike looked at him like bruh!!? You realize u just out mourning of the most acclaimed albums of the year a few months ago right!?!... Smh ...them ? is coo but really they just in some hiphop tmz ? ... But hey they get them numbers tho... And that should just tell you about the current state of your typical hiphop listener ... They ain't checkin for that "real ? " and that's just the facts ...like I said before ...these fans need to step they ? up if you want some progress

My ? . You & i are seeing eye to eye on this & despite what some of you say these are facts.

Right. Fans act like they dont contribute to ? . Always someone elses fault..ol' zombie ass mofos.

Word ... Like people dont understand their power ... If ? is Wack don't ? support it ... But If ? is quality support! Stop downloading ? ? ... Go out Cop the album .. Hit a show up ..something... It just kills me when you have cats complaining about how the game is "all ? up" and "the good ? dont get no shine" but if you look on their hard drive you see nothing but a bunch of torrent files from people they claim are there "favorite" artist... Smh
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont get the hate he gets for speaking his opinion, too me, its a good thing when the radio DJs have some ?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @TimeToParty no offense but you're doing some championship level dickriding right now for this maclemore guy. You might want to tone it down a little bit.
  • TimeToParty
    Options
    @TimeToParty no offense but you're doing some championship level dickriding right now for this maclemore guy. You might want to tone it down a little bit.

Im "dickriding" real hiphop, the IC disgust me some times when ? opinions are based on the color of skin and not the quality of work that is put out. mackle >> your favorite artist in story telling
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You said (and continue to say) people that don't like macklemore must be racist.

Im "dickriding" real hiphop, the IC disgust me some times when ? opinions are based on the color of skin and not the quality of work that is put out. mackle >> your favorite artist in story telling

yeah that's called dickriding. you gonna get a rash if you don't cut that ? out.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options

I wonder what my fav rapper would say about this lets see:

20tikjq.jpg
  • TimeToParty
    Options

20tikjq.jpg

in 2013 macklemore > nas dont make a ? compare album sales, its not a good look for nas.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options

20tikjq.jpg

in 2013 macklemore > nas dont make a ? compare album sales, its not a good look for nas.

So are we talking about sales or commercial success? Your ? riding/stanism has you so emotional you're contradicting yourself. So since we're mentioning his race. If a black rapper came out with thrift shop that ? wouldn't even be on the radio and thats a fact. Now before you say I'm saying the only reason he's on is because his white I'm not saying that so don't get all emotional..